WW2 help/ settings are not working for me

I need help with my settings

I lose almost every gunfight in ranked play and it seems as if i see people late

I run a surboard 6183 < r1<wrt3200

My ping is 15 ms

I run 70/70 share excess ticked

No ipv6

Wifi off

Upnp is on

No hyper traffic

Deep packet ticked

Enable cookies ticked

Turbo mode

I would put your console in hyper traffic, this will ensure your gaming packets are sent out first. To be honest, WWII is having loads of issues at the moment, it normally plays fairly well most of the time for me in FFA but the last week or so it’s been a real struggle.

You could run a PingPlotter test as per this guide just to make sure everything is good with your line.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/

• Netduma Staff

The advice from PollutionBlues is great. I'd recommend running an Internet Diagnostics test on the Netduma as well to give you a brief overview of your line quality. You could follow this up with the pingplotter test mentioned above.

Let us know the results!

Ok my diagnostics are all exceptional except ping is “great” ive ran hyper traffic and it kinda makes my bullets spongy if that makes sense.

My line from my isp is solid, i have ran many many many tests and am constantly looking at my signal

As i described it is like im behind people and i can win a easyyyyy gunfight.

Ok my diagnostics are all exceptional except ping is “great” ive ran hyper traffic and it kinda makes my bullets spongy if that makes sense.

My line from my isp is solid, i have ran many many many tests and am constantly looking at my signal

As i described it is like im behind people and i can win a easyyyyy gunfight.

That is down to the game, either bad servers or opponents in your lobby with bad connections causing issues. WWII seems to get worse day by day at the minute. At least you know everything is good on your end.

You could always try and force a server in a different location:  

Move your home location on the geofilter

Make sure strict mode is enabled

Disable the geofilter

Fully shut down then reboot your console

Launch the game

Enable geofilter

Search for a game

When forcing a server in a different location search times can sometimes take quite a while so you may have to wait to find a game.

• Netduma Staff

A ping of 15ms is fantastic. By this, did you mean your base ping or your ping directly to the game?

PollutionBlues is correct in saying it could be down to the game, bad servers or bad opponents. The Geo-Filter is built to get you the best ping possible to minimise the effects of lag, but we can't fix the lag compensation in some games and nor can we get rid of other players with huge pings. If a game plays particularly badly I'd recommend blocking it using Allow and Deny.

• Netduma Staff

My base ping is around 15

I run the geofilter but it is very hard to find a game

When i first got my R1 i was dropping 60 kills a game now i go double neg? Its not my play or opponents.. should i try a factory reset?

Judging by the fact that you struggle to find games as well, I'd say your NAT isn't open either on your console or in-game. Please let us know if this is the case - it would explain a lot.

Try enabling UPnP on the Netduma in Settings > UPnP. Make sure Port Forwarding is disabled on the Netduma and on your Modem (UPnP should only be enabled on your Netduma R1, not the modem as well). Let us know if this helps :)

70/70 reactive

Ok so again i checked my UPnP its on

Portforwarding is all blank

Nat in the game is open

Nat on XB1 is open

Ran geo filter off(it put me on a server 30 miles away)

TRASH same problemmy modem doesnt let me change any settings as far as portforwarding

Would my lynksys dd wrt 3200 acm casue issues withthr r1? It goes modem to my netduma to my console, lynksys

• Netduma Staff

70/70 reactive

Nat in the game is open

Nat on XB1 is open

TRASH same problemmy modem doesnt let me change any settings as far as portforwarding

Would my lynksys dd wrt 3200 acm casue issues withthr r1? It goes modem to my netduma to my console, lynksys

If you've got an open NAT that's great. It does however indicate the game itself is at fault here, not the Netduma. The Geo-Filter is designed to get you the lowest ping possible, and with a ping of 15ms it's doing exactly that. There are however ongoing issues with WWII that many players have found to be too much - lots of players have left WWII as a result of the connection issues. Your stats seem perfect so far, so I'm leaning towards connection issues with the game servers.

Could you run an Internet Diagnostics test to check your spikes / jitter / packet loss? This will indicate whether there are issues on your line. You could also try a PingPlotter test to get to the bottom of it if the Internet Diagnostics gives you bad results. Please let us know how you get on with these tests :)

The Geo-Filter is designed to get you the lowest ping possible, and with a ping of 15ms it's doing exactly that.

This has apparently been the problem with CoD since after Ghosts... the lowest ping possible haha. Go play a game of Ghosts with only 800 people online worldwide, and if you can be lucky enough to find one note how responsive a 15ms (or even 30ms) game is. Then exit the game, put on either IW or WW2 and note the difference lol

When I first got my new Netduma early last year, only three or so months after IW came out (my first Duma got zapped by an angry Zeus, RIP), I would stubbornly force myself to stay on the absolute "best" server with the lowest latency because I couldn't think of any reason why it shouldn't offer the best experience. Eventually I'd just lose the plot and start messing around with settings or server hopping because it was so bad most of the time. I'll show you a screenshot of my R1 ping diagnostic results because it's basically identical to what I get to CoD UK servers as I'm right outside London.

I can count on my hands the number of times a 6 or 7ms ping game in IW has felt exactly like that, with instant hitmarkers, no taking damage before I see people on my screen and other general wonkiness. It can go from pristine to spongy in the same lobby, in the very next game; it can go from feeling like an offline game against bots to something more like a BO1 two bar in an instant, or as if you're suddenly dropping a ton of packets, while monitoring your connection in game proves nothing is wrong on your end. I'll never understand that. It's the same literally every time I get on.

In fact the only time I've played IW (or any recent CoD for that matter) and every game has worked well was on the 12th and 13th of February last year. Is it sad that I remember that? LOL

post-9329-0-73743000-1519922198_thumb.png

70/70 reactive

Nat in the game is open

Nat on XB1 is open

Your not alone dude I have same problem being behind. Settings are different for me everyday. Generally my upload will be at around 70 and my download will be anywhere from 30 to 50 for sliders. Tweak around with your sliders. Start at 70/70 and go down from there. When you are getting better hit detection leave your upload alone. When you feel like your behind adjust your download don. I usually go down by 5 and I'll do it in game or halftime. It doesn't hurt to go to dsl reports and run some tests and see where your best ping spikes for upload and download. Simjc has some good vids on it on youtube. Your upload will be your hit detection and when your feeling behind thats your download. Your seeing players before your supposed to see them. If you need any other help let me know. Not every game will be perfect. Like the guy above me said you can be in the same lobby that you just wrecked and dropped 60 kills on and do bad. It's this damn game. Its never been stable. Also when you find something that works or is better save it to your profile on your duma so you can remember what your settings were. Good luck hope this makes sense and helps!

• Netduma Staff

Yeh it's unfortunate - the bottom line is that CoD is very difficult to control online. Titanfall 2 and loads of other games play perfectly, but these last few CoD titles have suffered. No wonder people are backtracking to previous CoD titles!

We really appreciate you guys trying to figure out the best settings for CoD though. Hopefully when we have more time we can come up with some more solutions to help you guys in CoD :)

without any doubt I can assure you that there is no perfect configuration to play with a low ping and well in this game.

I am very stubborn and insistent and have tried dozens of settings without having a good game having a 4 ms ping on the server in Spain where I live, I still get a good game like 5 bad ones

my only solution was to test the different servers around the world changing the location of my home and forcing it to connect with them and where I have better managed to play is on the servers of the east coast of the United States with a ping the 100 ms on average,it's very strange that I get better games at 100 milliseconds than at 4, but that's right, it's clear that the connections of this game are pure garbage.

Try doing the same and see if you find a server where you feel your game well.

without any doubt I can assure you that there is no perfect configuration to play with a low ping and well in this game.

I am very stubborn and insistent and have tried dozens of settings without having a good game having a 4 ms ping on the server in Spain where I live, I still get a good game like 5 bad ones

my only solution was to test the different servers around the world changing the location of my home and forcing it to connect with them and where I have better managed to play is on the servers of the east coast of the United States with a ping the 100 ms on average,it's very strange that I get better games at 100 milliseconds than at 4, but that's right, it's clear that the connections of this game are pure garbage.

Well said mate, I too have been server hopping for the last couple of months in the east coast of the states,  I am in the U.K and seen to get better games over there

Add me to the list. I'm UK with a 6/7ms ping to UK dedis. a+ across the board but given up on WW2. So frustratingly inconsistent. PS4 Pro just doesn't get used now. Back on PS3 for BO and BO2 when you can avoid hackers. Comments are interesting as I have been through SIM's old videos and thought that he adjusted upload when it felt like you were behind. Will go back and check again. I Spend more time on R1 than console but that magic setting never lasts long and the R1 can't keep the hackers off if the dedis

Do you get games with highly variable hit detection? For example one game it'll be fast and you'll get consecutive hitmarkers with ease when you're on target, and the next 10 games in the same lobby on the same ping you'll start getting delayed hits? I almost die laughing when I melt everyone on 7ms for a game, with instant hitmarkers and plenty of time to react to people who are clearly slower and less accurate, and the next I'll get weird hitmarkers after I die and people are shooting me before I see them, or the killcam will say I'm looking away from them! Killcams are accurate on <16ms pings lololol

Funny how some of my smoother games have been on the Spanish (30ms) Italian (30ms) or Polish servers (40ms). I've actually played on 74ms to the New Jersey server on the US east coast, 3400 miles away, and had faster hitmarkers than on 7ms

Do you get games with highly variable hit detection? For example one game it'll be fast and you'll get consecutive hitmarkers with ease when you're on target, and the next 10 games in the same lobby on the same ping you'll start getting delayed hits? I almost die laughing when I melt everyone on 7ms for a game, with instant hitmarkers and plenty of time to react to people who are clearly slower and less accurate, and the next I'll get weird hitmarkers after I die and people are shooting me before I see them, or the killcam will say I'm looking away from them! Killcams are accurate on <16ms pings lololol

Funny how some of my smoother games have been on the Spanish (30ms) Italian (30ms) or Polish servers (40ms). I've actually played on 74ms to the New Jersey server on the US east coast, 3400 miles away, and had faster hitmarkers than on 7ms

That's partner, often with 4 ms is a horrible nightmare, it is true that when it goes well in 4ms the bullets enter alone and the enemies seem like butter fall like flies the problem is how I said that of 10 one goes well another 9 are horrible...

To the average European servers I have between 30 and 40 milliseconds and the truth is that I play much better than in the server of Spain but without any doubt how best is played or at least in my case it is with a ping of around 100-120 ms.
how I said my only solution to find a ping like this is playing the servers of the east coast of the United States, the problem is when I play with my friends in a group farther away from Europe I can not search, if not, I can not find a game. But hey, when I play with them I have to put up with it ... when I'm alone, I'm definitely running to the servers on the east coast.

That's partner, often with 4 ms is a horrible nightmare, it is true that when it goes well in 4ms the bullets enter alone and the enemies seem like butter fall like flies the problem is how I said that of 10 one goes well another 9 are horrible...

To the average European servers I have between 30 and 40 milliseconds and the truth is that I play much better than in the server of Spain but without any doubt how best is played or at least in my case it is with a ping of around 100-120 ms.

how I said my only solution to find a ping like this is playing the servers of the east coast of the United States, the problem is when I play with my friends in a group farther away from Europe I can not search, if not, I can not find a game. But hey, when I play with them I have to put up with it ... when I'm alone, I'm definitely running to the servers on the east coast.

Yeah those US server games can be easy, like you're invisible... but it can be bipolar. If there's anyone from the west coast or south/central America in the game I just can't get a kill. You can ADS before they seem to react, fire two or three shots at their chest and then you fall over the nanosecond their gun is up lol

Yeah that's what I mean. When 7ms feels like 7ms it's AMAZING, like Ghosts hit reg or something. Shame that only occurs maybe one in every 50 games or so. I had a nice connection for the first time in days last night but I was using an 800km filter and didn't check the map so it could have been any one of the English, Dutch, French or German servers. Plus I was so tired and tilted by that point I didn't want to play anymore, even though I finally found a game where my gun had live rounds and not bubble ammunition

Yeah that's what i get pretty much to in U.K, I have tried all different pings ie The west coast dedi at 160ms ping, Its pretty much the same as the east coast New Jersey dedis but again you can get melted in certain games as you are playing with 160ms ping, me and a mate did have it excellent on the Cod Ultimate profile for about a month there up until they released the Update to the ADS and buffed the guns supposedly and now it's back to literally hit or miss, Have you guys tried throttling like the old sim videos down to next to nothing. 

Yeah those US server games can be easy, like you're invisible... but it can be bipolar. If there's anyone from the west coast or south/central America in the game I just can't get a kill. You can ADS before they seem to react, fire two or three shots at their chest and then you fall over the nanosecond their gun is up lol

Yeah that's what I mean. When 7ms feels like 7ms it's AMAZING, like Ghosts hit reg or something. Shame that only occurs maybe one in every 50 games or so. I had a nice connection for the first time in days last night but I was using an 800km filter and didn't check the map so it could have been any one of the English, Dutch, French or German servers. Plus I was so tired and tilted by that point I didn't want to play anymore, even though I finally found a game where my gun had live rounds and not bubble ammunition

I never find games on the Danish, Polish or Russian servers, so I either have to go local with <30ms or go across the ocean to the New Jersey server. Haven't tried any further away that give me 100ms+ though tbh. Maybe I should give that a try.

It just annoys me that I can get on YouTube, watch some slow circle drawing scrub on WiFi/higher pings/dropping packets with hexagons on their screens and they melt while enemies don't even react to them. I've had maybe three games like that on IW in thousands on jitter-free fibre and it felt like hacking. Otherwise the usual game has me behind the action and it's not a subjective "oh did he or didn't he BS me?" behind either - it's clearly measurable and noticeable. I don't know anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ hit reg is the big "WTF?" for me. I've never been ahead of the action like others, but one minute shots register instantly back to back, and the next it's spotty and delayed on the same ping? Umm okay lol

Yeah I never got anything out of throttling... it's a load of nonsense. All you end up doing is struggling to load killcams, and you get spammed with connection icons lol