Lagging a lot

Monzo

Hi,

I got my NetDuma router back when it first came out and for the past 8 months I have been lagging non stop and cannot seem to figure out why this is happening. I have very little knowledge when it comes to routers (especially this one) because I don't know what settings I should use plus I don't know what is causing this lag issue. I know there are other posts containing the same problem, but I want individual help for "my" problem. Could you please tell me why I am lagging so much? Thank you

Looks like I am not fully upgraded to the latest firmware even though i am at 1.02.7. Could you send me the link to the firmware update? Once that is done I will get back to you after I test the new settings out.

Looks like I am not fully upgraded to the latest firmware even though i am at 1.02.7. Could you send me the link to the firmware update? Once that is done I will get back to you after I test the new settings out.

Ok. I just upgraded router and put up the new settings. I'm going to play a couple games and I will see if problem is fixed. If problems continue, what is our next step?

Complete the Netduma tuning steps then follow what Zennon posted.  If that does not work come back to forums and we will try to work through it.  Good luck. 

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, 

I didn't want to create a new topic but my request fits in this one. 

My problem appears while I am using congestion control 70/70 and when I am starting new sites via my tablet or iphone. The ingame sound of my Ps4 games gets interrupted for 1 sec when I for instance start foroum.netduma.com. 

I tried congestion control 90/90 and it was the same. Every time I start a new site the ingame sound crushes for 1 sec. So it affects my gaming I guess. 

My internet speed is 75/7,5 mbits. 

The prioritization of my 9 devices is 55 for Ps4 and 5 for everything else. 

I don't know how can this be possible. 

Appreciate every suggestion

Cheers

• Netduma Staff

Hi guys,

I didn't want to create a new topic but my request fits in this one.

My problem appears while I am using congestion control 70/70 and when I am starting new sites via my tablet or iphone. The ingame sound of my Ps4 games gets interrupted for 1 sec when I for instance start foroum.netduma.com.

I tried congestion control 90/90 and it was the same. Every time I start a new site the ingame sound crushes for 1 sec. So it affects my gaming I guess.

My internet speed is 75/7,5 mbits.

The prioritization of my 9 devices is 55 for Ps4 and 5 for everything else.

I don't know how can this be possible.

Appreciate every suggestion

Cheers

Are you playing on wired or wireless?

Ok guys my problem is real. 

I tried different cables cat6 etc. and the problem is still there. Take Destiny for example. When you are standing in the tower and start via your phone, tablet or pc the internet browser or a youtube video the sound crushes and the game laggs for a little bit. That should not happen. 

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Priority of congestion control is high for the ps4 device. A note beside - I dissabled every ipv6 option because I am on ipv4.

• Netduma Staff

Could you try connecting your devices to your other router and see if you still have the problem. Also, could you test with the Console connected via Wifi to the Netduma and see if you still have the problem :)

Archived