Lagging a lot

Monzo

Could you try connecting your devices to your other router and see if you still have the problem. Also, could you test with the Console connected via Wifi to the Netduma and see if you still have the problem :)

Ok I tried both methods. On wireless the problem is still there also when I use only my wireless modem (bridge mode off). I tried 5 different ethernet cables in all variations. 

Can somebody test this on his R1? Maybe in Destiny while in Tower?

• Administrators

So you're saying without the R1 connected and just to the modem your are experiencing these issues as well? In which case that leads me to believe its either a modem or line issue. 

If I misunderstood, then are you on the reactive algorithm as well? I may be able to test this later/tomorrow if needed.

The line was changed some time ago (from outside through my wall etc.) and the modem is brand new - a ubee evw3226. My line is very stable and I have no spikes. Only when I do this what I described. Only when starting new pages and videos.

No problem. I put 75/7 and tried also to lower it but it's the same. It's a little bit better with Preemptive but the problem appears also. 

I did some tests with the forum member KayOneX-24 but he didn't have this problem. He pinged me on his geofilter and his ping to me was constant with no spikes. I pinged him and didn't have spikes too until I started a website or youtube videos. It's the sound and the gameplay for a sec or two sometimes. Doesn't matter wich game. Party chat included. 

As I said my ISP changed the whole wires and everything. My ubee modem is on bridge mode and I don't have random spikes ever. Only when starting websites etc.

Our ping while playing Ghosts on Ps4 was maybe stable 40-50 ms on the geofilter pinggraph. When I started a video or a site I got some lag spikes of 70-80 ms. Then the ping went to 40-50. Started the next video/site it went up. I'm not a tech guy and can't really tell where the problem is. But it's really funny how an Iphone can affect my internet connection. 

I don't have any problems with DNS nat types or with my bandwith. 

When the algorithm is on Preemptive it works a little bit better but it's still there. When I use this algorithm I get internet speeds of 35mbits wired with 70/70 (wireless maybe 20-25) but that can't be a solution. Especially with my 75mbits connection I loose 40-50mbits.

I really don't have the devices for these kinds of recordings but I will research more how to record the spikes and gameplays at the same time. My know-how in this case isn't enough. Unfortunately I didn't read anything about similar cases like mine. 

Today I called my ISP provider and the tech guy there told me that everything is fine and he didn't hear anything like this before. lol 

Ok I gave up. I got a new modem and it's the same. So I guess nobody experienced an issue like mine so let's forget about it. When I'm pinging a guy with 20ms and when I open a Youtube video the ping spikes go up to 100ms. It's useless to deal with online connectivity and with the R1 at this point. The R1 is a good product but I really don't have any benefits from it because every little usage of internet via a connected devices immediately crushes my games and online experience. 

Anyway thank you for your support and keep doing a good job! Bye guys

• Netduma Staff

Ok I gave up. I got a new modem and it's the same. So I guess nobody experienced an issue like mine so let's forget about it. When I'm pinging a guy with 20ms and when I open a Youtube video the ping spikes go up to 100ms. It's useless to deal with online connectivity and with the R1 at this point. The R1 is a good product but I really don't have any benefits from it because every little usage of internet via a connected devices immediately crushes my games and online experience. 

Before you give up, perhaps you could wait for Fraser as he might be able to schedule a 1on1 and sort this out for you :)

Who is your ISP? I had an issue similar to this a while back and I have xfinity which uses the cable wire coming into the house for cable tv and the internet. They ran a new drop line to my house and it still did not solve the issue. What did solve the issue is they ran a second drop line to my house so I have one strictly for internet and the other strictly for cable. Due to how many TV's and cable lines I had running in my home all the splitters involved in connecting those TV's degraded the signal quality.

Nah guys I tested it now only with the new modem and it works. No spikes lol. Anyway I really don't have the time and nerves for this. Unplugged the R1. Problem solved. Thx for the attempt. Have a nice evening. BB

• Administrators

Hey Dali, apologies, I have been away for a bit otherwise I would have commented sooner. I am more than happy to arrange a 1 on 1 with you, it seems like a strange issue and would be helpful if we could fix it to prevent it popping up again. Let me know if you want to do so and we can arrange a time. I would hate for you not to be able to use your R1. 

Hey Dali, apologies, I have been away for a bit otherwise I would have commented sooner. I am more than happy to arrange a 1 on 1 with you, it seems like a strange issue and would be helpful if we could fix it to prevent it popping up again. Let me know if you want to do so and we can arrange a time. I would hate for you not to be able to use your R1. 

Thx for the offer mate. I'll leave it for now the way it is. I tried to recreate the problem in many ways and to find a solution but I really gave up. 

• Administrators

Thx for the offer mate. I'll leave it for now the way it is. I tried to recreate the problem in many ways and to find a solution but I really gave up. 

Do let me know if you change your mind, I'm just a PM away, I'm sure its a case of a few settings here and there which I can root out. 

Archived