Modem reverts to blocked IP

DumaRocks

Sorry, not trying to spam this topic but wanted a fresh thread to explain this fully. If you want to delete the other threads that is fine at this point since they maybe irrelevant after a lot of experimenting.

The issue is the PS4 is blocking a specific IP. I am uncertain if this is an ISP that was at some point assigned to me already black listed or if something on my network created the issue. I am the only one using my line and there doesn't appears to be any signs of viruses or unusual activity on my line. One way I will figure this out is by getting another IP and if that IP gets blocked than I know for sure it something coming from my end.

I was finally able to get my ISP to help get my IP changed. It worked, i was than able to access PS4 again. When I was getting the ISP changed i just hooked straight into my computer so the NetDuma wouldn't complicate that process.

Here is what was interesting and I don't quite understand. In order to get my duma to work with the new IP I had to reset my duma and the modem and when I did, it went back to the old IP. So I than did another hard reset of the modem without the duma and it was a different IP. I than once again did a hard reset while attaching the duma and it went back to the blocked IP.

There seems to be correlation between the duma being connected and me obtaining the bad IP. I have no idea why, I have no idea if this is an ISP thing or a duma issue. By the way, this is not on the TP-Link modem, this is on the original comcast modem but same occurred when using TP-Link modem.

My question is what could cause the IP changing to a specific IP, almost like it is static, simply by connecting the duma and when it is not, i get a new IP like it is dynamic.

Not sure if this has to do with the duma acting crazy the last few days like you see in this picture but something is a bit odd here.

**** By the way, sorry for the bad title. Didn't pay attention to how vague it was until I hit post. I don't see a way to edit the title. ****

I'm not entirely sure what could be the problem on it reverting back to that old IP. I will add that your "Mac" address of the router is listed into the ISP database. They can see the brand of the router on their end and that "Mac Address" is then given the IP. That's where the change Mac address inside the "Wan" settings of the Netduma would come in. You could either change one digit in the Mac address and clone it or you could hook your Computer directly to the modem, get the Mac address of the computer once it's fully connected online if using a Windows PC by going to command prompt and typing

ipconfig /all

Will give you a rundown of your computer network interface and get the Mac address of the pc and put those into the "wan" Mac address "close this Mac" and save it in the Netduma settings. This is after you plug everything back up into the Netduma and resting it so the ISP will now see your PC Mac address when using the Netduma as your PC will be given an entirely new IP address which will then be the IP address of your Netduma.

Don't listen to what anyone else says, or what your ISP tells you... if you want to change your IP:

Go into your Netduma WAN settings,

Enable MAC Cloning

Change the MAC address that is there to whatever you want... I usually just change the last 4 letters/numbers. You can use 0-9 and A-F

Gh2zrTXOQzCWci0IE6QMWA.png

Hit apply, then go to misc settings and reboot the Netduma. Once it comes back on you won't have internet... now reboot your modem (pull out the power and plug it back in)

When it turns back on you'll have a new IP and working internet.

If this doesn't work, you did it wrong. Read it again and try again.

Don't listen to what anyone else says, or what your ISP tells you... if you want to change your IP:

Go into your Netduma WAN settings,

Enable MAC Cloning

Change the MAC address that is there to whatever you want... I usually just change the last 4 letters/numbers. You can use 0-9 and A-F

Gh2zrTXOQzCWci0IE6QMWA.png

Hit apply, then go to misc settings and reboot the Netduma. Once it comes back on you won't have internet... now reboot your modem (pull out the power and plug it back in)

When it turns back on you'll have a new IP and working internet.

If this doesn't work, you did it wrong. Read it again and try again.

Just a heads up, that worked beautifully. Thank you.

Will be seeing if this issue returns. I did learn that the IP that was banned is one I had for a long time so something with my network must have caused it and it had to happen during the time playing WW2. I will have to keep a close eye on it. This all did happen right around the time my duma ping was going nuts so not sure if that is related. It does concern me as I have manual ports open on PS4 and since it was PS that banned the IP I am suspicious of that. Don't know much about networking so this is all beyond me. Hopefully it was fluke but if not, we shall see I guess.

• Netduma Staff

Just a heads up, that worked beautifully. Thank you.

Will be seeing if this issue returns. I did learn that the IP that was banned is one I had for a long time so something with my network must have caused it and it had to happen during the time playing WW2. I will have to keep a close eye on it. This all did happen right around the time my duma ping was going nuts so not sure if that is related. It does concern me as I have manual ports open on PS4 and since it was PS that banned the IP I am suspicious of that. Don't know much about networking so this is all beyond me. Hopefully it was fluke but if not, we shall see I guess.

I'm really glad that suggestion worked out :) please let us know if you need any more assistance.