Monitor Optimization

mountainping

Many of us use computer monitors as our displays when gaming. I'm having a little trouble with properly optimizing a monitor to both look good and not strain the eyes after extended periods of use, as well as make it easier to see enemies hiding in dark/dim lighted parts of a map. For example, in something like cod ghosts it's difficult for me to be able to spot enemies. They blend in so well with the environments and seems as if people always see me when I can barely spot them.

Anyone here very knowledgeable when it comes to optimizing the :brightness, contrast, hue, sharpness etc?

does having to much contrast somewhat increase input delay etc.. owndo you guys prefer to set up your monitor? I like mine to look vivid bough not sure if this will hinder performance at all.

Cheers

Personally, I use the gaming settings but I have a tv with low input lag not a monitor. I would suggest finding out what monitor you have and doing a google search for best gaming settings and try that out. 

I'm using a Benq monitor, I have it set as follows;

Brightness - 100 (max)

Contrast - 50

Sharpness - 7 

Black equalizer - 20 (max)

I have a FPS option but personally i prefer RTS.

I use a tv to game on (not optimal by any means) but I just put mine in 'game mode' and pretty much leave it at that. It locks down most settings.

Of the few that remain changeable I disable any that add to processing and I disable the 'darker black' because it makes it too dark.

Thanks for the replies fellas. ended up decreasing brightness on monitor to 40/50 (which greatly reduced the amount of power the monitor consumed. More so by Half of the maximum amount) . Then went ahead and bumped up the contrast to near 100 . This helped with eliminating some of the dark/blind spots since the monitor does not have a black equalizer similar to what a Ben q has.

What I also took from this was to make sure you have instant mode ON.