gaming monitor

jodydid

has anyone got one for sale or can point me in the right direction i am fed up fighting over the tv and causing rows so im set on buying a monitor and putting it in the dining room with the desktop pc do they all have phono outs?? as i have wired turtle beach headphones

thanks jody

• Netduma Staff

If you want a good monitor, I'd go with either an Asus or a BenQ. When I bought mine, I want for a 24 inch Asus one with super thin bezels. This is the one I have (I actually have two). They're good for dual monitor set ups as they have such narrow bezels. Also heard BenQ monitors are good but never tested one out properly.

What console are you playing on? I know on the PS3 you could send vid though HDMI and sounds the the phono cable. On most monitors they don't have phono out. You can probs by a cable to convert the optical out into phono or on the asus one i linked, there is a 3.5 mm headphone jack out so you could buy an adapter and use that.

Hope that helps with your decision :)

ya dont gain anything from a tv in game mode. I fell for that delay crap and input lag, ya wont notice any difference apart from no sound or poor sound depends if you get speakers.

BENQ RL2460HT I love mine once you fiddle with the settings the picture quality is great and I noticed a huge difference in response times compared to my old samsung plasma tv.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/924-your-recommendation-for-gaming-monitor/page-4?do=findComment&comment=14936

Another vote for BENQ here.  I bought one and the difference versus my TV was NIGHT AND DAY for the FPS positive.  

Before Net Duma, I would have said that my BENQ made the MOST difference in my CoD game (more kills, faster reactions, winning more gunfights, etc).

Now with the Net Duma AND a quality monitor like the BENQ, I do honestly feel I have an advantage over about 75% of the "average gamers" out there, regardless of age. :D

Another vote for BENQ here.  I bought one and the difference versus my TV was NIGHT AND DAY for the FPS positive.  

Before Net Duma, I would have said that my BENQ made the MOST difference in my CoD game (more kills, faster reactions, winning more gunfights, etc).

Now with the Net Duma AND a quality monitor like the BENQ, I do honestly feel I have an advantage over about 75% of the "average gamers" out there, regardless of age. :D

Agree 100% and also if you're only going to use it for console you only need a 60hz monitor because the console will only output that. The Benq I posted earlier is a great choice with 1ms response and the lowest input lag out there.

Just picked up the benq xl2420t and it's amazing best,as someone said the benq combined with the netduma you literally are in god mode it's great

And you're using it on console?

I play on both a monitor, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009HNEBLK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

and a tv, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AWKBZ1G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

and I can honestly say that there's really no remarked difference.

Using a lag tester, http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=212, I ran some lag tests to

see if there was a big difference. There wasn't. Now my tv is fairly new, so there are going to be some tvs out there are much much slower than mine. For those people, getting a monitor would help a lot.

The monitor i have is only 8-10ms faster than the tv when the tv is set on Gaming Mode, averaging 12ms delay.

The tv averages around 22ms delay.

The monitor is more vivid with an Xbox One because you can output the hdmi in PC mode which has more colors so it looks great.

When you run tvs on Gaming Mode, they look a bit dull and less crisp. 

I prefer to use the tv because of it's size. I sit about 8' away from it. It's much easier to see people and their movements with the larger screen, for me at least.

When i use the monitor, i am 4' away. 

You can use this site, http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/, if your display is listed that is, to check on your displays lag time.

LED and LCD displays lag has 3 separate times because they draw an image from top to bottom, so top would be the fastest and the average time would be in the middle which is the time that site shows as lag. Plasma displays only have 1 lag time since the whole display is drawn at once but they are much slower than LED and LCDs.

Pay no attention to the claims from monitor companies of 1ms Response times, they're lying. There is no standardized testing of lag so they can say whatever they want about response times. 

I know we're all a bit obsessed with lag but try and remember that Match Making is what is ruining online gaming not your equipment.

Just make sure that your tv is on gaming mode if it has it, and that all options like Reality Creation, MotionFlow and CineMotion are off.

Monitors are to small for me as well they look like stick men at distance, so i got a 6ms input lag 42" tv from sony they make the fastest right now.

Love it i lose myself feel like i am there , that along with a mix amp on surround sound and my studio reference headphones nothing can sway me to a little monitor.

I sit 2 foot from the tv which is why i lose myself i think haha :)

Yes I know I know pc would look so much better but that's not my game.it looks great really happy with it and can feel the 1ms response time working for me

Well the reason I asked was because console only outputs 60hz and that is a 120hz monitor so you spent alot of money for a faster monitor but the console can not take advantage of it. Plus it's not really 1ms response time, as stated before they can basically make up that "specification" since there is no standard measure for it. It does have 10ms input lag which is the biggest deal.

In my opinion the best console gaming monitor is the RL2460HT or the RL2455HM. They are both 1ms response, 10ms input lag, 60hz, and use the same panel except the 2460HT offers more features in the adjustable stand and also hdmi out if you record or stream your games.

Basically, it's a great monitor but a waste of money if only used for console gaming because the console can't take advantage of all the features of the xl2420t

• Administrators

I used to play competitively so I always played on monitors, mine is old now but its a viewsonic. Anyway I got a tv recently and playing on it made my seasick. Monitors are 100% way to go if you take gaming even a bit seriously imho. 

Hum well i game on a 42" sony tv 6ms input lag and im pulling a 3kd on mw3 and ghosts this month run and gun, i am taking it seriously.

I feel quite hurt by that comment Iain lol ;)

So I play on either my 51 Plasma or Monitor and do have a full 5.1 theater set-up around my bed!  :D

Xbox 360/ PS4 / XOne -> Automatic HDMI Switch -> 4x HDMI Splitter (also removes HDCP) which outputs to the receiver, plasma, El GatoHD 60, and monitor.

Now in movie/game mode the plasma input lag is noticeable and putting on PC mode is the best way to reduce it.  I only use PC mode in FPS or Sports (NBA2k) games as it makes a huge difference.  Single player 3rd person games are fine in movie mode.  

20150607_211051.jpg

Archived