gaming monitor

jodydid

I was a headphone nut briefly but glad to have found my preference early in the game lol =D.  Funny how gaming got me started in that route.

1st - ATH AD700 (Gaming) Original which I still have and primarily use at work.  Allows me to listen while hearing around the office.

2nd - ATH m50 - (Fun) headphones which I ended up selling as they did not captivate me.  

3rd - FA-011 - (Gaming/Fun) My first love & favorite though unfortunately broke on me as I let my cousins borrow them and eventually wore down. Great fun/gaming phones but a little on the sibilant airy side

4th - Old Skool 33 1/3rd - (Fun)Another Fischer Audio but portable and also met it's demise on vacation in tropical weather/cousins again!.  Something about the FA sound is really captivating.

5th - VModa m80 - (Fun) due to the last two breaking, I wanted durability/portability however these were smaller then I preferred and ended up returning as I the rumors of m100 were about to come out.

6th - VModa m100 - (Fun) The durability king and my traveling partner!

7th - Fidelio X1 - (Fun/Gaming)  I really do love the Fidelio's however I would say it's 2nd to the FA-011 as I preferred that "FA house sound"

At the time when the 7th was pending it was between the MDR900 MA and Fidelio though could have gone either way =P.

Ive got the MDR900 MA epic sound stage for gaming , pin point accuracy :)

I use the ATH m50 for djing great for blocking out other sounds when monitoring.

I have the Denon ah-d7000 its just sitting there in a box, really good but closed back

I prefer open back of my Beyerdynamic t-1 or the sonys  I love them both.

I have change to gaming monitor good few months ago i have have never looked back. I have got some grate advice on this forum for members that knew a lot about monitors i that was so helpful.

Ive got the MDR900 MA epic sound stage for gaming , pin point accuracy :)

I use the ATH m50 for djing great for blocking out other sounds when monitoring.

I have the Denon ah-d7000 its just sitting there in a box, really good but closed back

I prefer open back of my Beyerdynamic t-1 or the sonys  I love them both.

I love my MDR-V6's. Call me old school lol

Dont get me wrong the mdr900 ma is not up there with the likes of beyerdynamics or sennheiser summit fi ranges but they are so light and the sound stage is so engaging that they get more head time than the T-1's.

For me to use them every day and pick them up over the T-1's has shocked me at the price difference between the two , yes the beyers are better but they feel so heavy now , even though they are a quite light headphone.

In games like Ghosts where you can hear the enemy i would say 15 out of 30 kills come from sound awareness from these things, pin point I can tell what block what hight everything, turning on people behind me they trash the beyers for games , the perfect soundstage.

If you have some spare dosh and you love headphones give the mdr900 ma a shot you will not be dissapointed , for gaming they are unbelivelble.

If you need a mic, i went for the astro mix amp and a clip on micwith the mix amp you get that lovely dolby digital, hum dolby.

I got my sonys for £110 second hand :)

Dont get me wrong the mdr900 ma is not up there with the likes of beyerdynamics or sennheiser summit fi ranges but they are so light and the sound stage is so engaging that they get more head time than the T-1's.

For me to use them every day and pick them up over the T-1's has shocked me at the price difference between the two , yes the beyers are better but they feel so heavy now , even though they are a quite light headphone.

In games like Ghosts where you can hear the enemy i would say 15 out of 30 kills come from sound awareness from these things, pin point I can tell what block what hight everything, turning on people behind me they trash the beyers for games , the perfect soundstage.

If you have some spare dosh and you love headphones give the mdr900 ma a shot you will not be dissapointed , for gaming they are unbelivelble.

If you need a mic, i went for the astro mix amp and a clip on micwith the mix amp you get that lovely dolby digital, hum dolby.

I got my sonys for £110 second hand :)

Completely off topic now but what do you think about headphone amps? Any recommendations?

I use an Asus xonar st from my pc , it does 0-64 ohms 64-300 ohms and 300-600 ohms with a selector.

People spend silly money on amps i am in the camp that they have valves or Opamps, they make the difference so i changed my Opamps to Muses 01 and whalla no need for an expensive amp :)

Well the reason I asked was because console only outputs 60hz and that is a 120hz monitor so you spent alot of money for a faster monitor but the console can not take advantage of it. Plus it's not really 1ms response time, as stated before they can basically make up that "specification" since there is no standard measure for it. It does have 10ms input lag which is the biggest deal.

In my opinion the best console gaming monitor is the RL2460HT or the RL2455HM. They are both 1ms response, 10ms input lag, 60hz, and use the same panel except the 2460HT offers more features in the adjustable stand and also hdmi out if you record or stream your games.

Basically, it's a great monitor but a waste of money if only used for console gaming because the console can't take advantage of all the features of the xl2420t

I got it for £140 I can't really complain

Hum well i game on a 42" sony tv 6ms input lag and im pulling a 3kd on mw3 and ghosts this month run and gun, i am taking it seriously.

I feel quite hurt by that comment Iain lol ;)

Here's my new setup.

post-881-0-95734500-1434364049.jpeg

Each to there own , monitors are far to small for me and my old man eyes, i get the same speed input lag on a bigger screen which makes me not serious about it ;)

Each to there own , monitors are far to small for me and my old man eyes, i get the same speed input lag on a bigger screen which makes me not serious about it ;)

I sit pretty close so my "old" eyes are okay for now. If I had disposable income I'd buy one of these. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=986364&gclid=Cj0KEQjw7_mrBRDH4Y2UjLHEmfcBEiQA8OTHf8gKPWCpGrnWOIZI1hnWik8urVg0zZORP6tfkR-DDuEaArAL8P8HAQ&Q=&is=REG&A=details

post-881-0-64495900-1434368029_thumb.png

4K would be bit of a waste on a console , but yeah i bet that is a bit special on a pc master race beast :)

Yeah. It would be a waste but man these are nice. I'm very vertical happy with my asus gaming monitor. My other option would be a really good 32" tv. That's the sweet spot in my eyes.

Used to pull the recliner up close to the TV and Sub playing BF4 with 7.1 surround cranked. 

That was bloody immersive :)

Now it's the Asus 28" 4K, good size and colours are fantastic, it's not IPS but still looks sweet. 

Got it hooked up to the Slave Driver (PC) also --- waiting for the R9 Fury X to release....

I use asus a 23 inch and a 24 inch both with 1ms refresh . Going from a 52 inch tv to a monitor I have to say I will never go back to gaming on a TV . I would have to say that I see more now than I ever did on a large screen when it comes to gaming. Also a key point is making sure that you are the proper distance from your monitor when gaming. There are so many little things but they all add up in the end.

I went with the asus over the benq for two reasons at the time price and availability . It may be worth doing some research on.

Archived