NAT Changes

Fazor

Just wondering why my NAT changes?  I play on Xbox One and most of the time my NAT is Open.  But when I feel like it's running slow, I check and it is Strict sometimes.  So then I have restart my modem and router...which fixes it back to Open again. 

Why does it change?  Also would it help if I enabled IPV6?  I have that disabled currently. 

Thanks

So I have to set a static IP address on the Xbox right...not on the Neduma?   I do use port forwarding on the Netduma. 

I did pull up some info on how to put a static IP address on the Xbox and will do that tonight... can anyone tell me ( since I don't fully understand) what numbers to put in there?  I can't imagine I just put some random numbers in there do I?  How do I choose? 

So I have to set a static IP address on the Xbox right...not on the Neduma?   I do use port forwarding on the Netduma. 

I did pull up some info on how to put a static IP address on the Xbox and will do that tonight... can anyone tell me ( since I don't fully understand) what numbers to put in there?  I can't imagine I just put some random numbers in there do I?  How do I choose? 

These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:      Port 88 (UDP)     Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)     Port 53 (UDP and TCP)     Port 80 (TCP)     Port 500 (UDP)     Port 3544 (UDP)     Port 4500 (UDP)

Bagsta...the reason I asked was because I believe I've done this before on my Xbox one...so I was wondering how to check that. Maybe things changed when I added my nighthawk router in AP mode...but I don't know why it would change.

I was messing around with it last night and it's also asking me for a IPV4 address...wasn't sure what to put there as the website I was following didn't have that part.

Fraser...I didn't understand what you were asking.

• Administrators

I don't understand it either, sorry still jet lagged. Did you set a static IP on the Duma via DHCP lease? If so has doing that stopped the NAT Type from changing at all? 

Bagsta...the reason I asked was because I believe I've done this before on my Xbox one...so I was wondering how to check that. Maybe things changed when I added my nighthawk router in AP mode...but I don't know why it would change.

I was messing around with it last night and it's also asking me for a IPV4 address...wasn't sure what to put there as the website I was following didn't have that part.

Here is a link to a previous post on the forums. If you know the IP address of your XBOX 1 this is the easiest way. If you don't know your XBox's IP address just let us know we'll help you find it.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/2821-static-ips-for-devices/

See if that helps...

Hi Fazor,If you want to know what your IP address is it should be on your network settings page, If you set it up manually you can tell it what address it will have but if you do it on auto it will be given one automatically that doesn't conflict with anything else on your network. 

Well thats how it works on the PS, it can't be that different on the Xbox. 

Any problems drop me a line and ill see what I can find out.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I will take a look at this after work today. I know I did not put a static IP via the DHCP lease on the Duma...so that is what I'll start with. I hope I can figure out what to put in that section...do I make one up or copy the one from the Xbox Network setting page?

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I will take a look at this after work today. I know I did not put a static IP via the DHCP lease on the Duma...so that is what I'll start with. I hope I can figure out what to put in that section...do I make one up or copy the one from the Xbox Network setting page?

In that box you type in the last number/s of your XBOX's IP address. You can find it in your XBOX's network settings page.

Example: 192.168.88.15

In the example above you type in 15

Edited misspelling

Ok mosvalve... So I put the last 3 digits in there.  That was easy enough  :)

I will keep you all posted if the NAT changes again.  I hope this solves the problem.

Thank you all!

I hope it does too, and I'm glad I could help!