Help please

So I have been having tons of drama with my internet. My modem was an arris doxis 3.0. I recently bought a tp link tc-7610 to better suit my Duma router. I seem to be constantly having nothing but drama. Is there any way I can set up one on one tech support. I will gladly pay someone. Thanks

So I have been having tons of drama with my internet. My modem was an arris doxis 3.0. I recently bought a tp link tc-7610 to better suit my Duma router. I seem to be constantly having nothing but drama. Is there any way I can set up one on one tech support. I will gladly pay someone. Thanks

What kinds of problems are you having? Sounds more like an ISP issue from what you've said but please give us more details

What model Arris modem are you using?

My in game ping is never smooth. Other players have rubber band affects. Can never get a consistent A+ buffer bloat. Just total shit. I'm so fed up. ISP provider swears all is good on there end. Bullets not registering. I'm just so done. Nothing helps at all. Once in a great while I get a decent game. I really wish someone can log into my laptop to see what I'm seeing.

When I run a internet test from the Duma it says everything is great. Exceptional and no packet loss.

ISP provider swears all is good on there end.

An ISP will always say everything is good on their end lol it doesn't matter what they tell you...

Download https://www.pingplotter.com/and run a test wired (preferably as long as possible such as overnight) to a common website such as your ISP's site. I always test to Comcast.

I also like using https://www.dslreports.com/smokepingto test my ping/packet loss from a remote location just to verify what I'm seeing from pingplotter.

I hope you're using the TP-Link modem right now? Who is your ISP?

Maybe it is someone connecting to your lobby with a less that optimal connection causing the lag and ping spiking issues. Even if I get a great ping to the host if there is anyone showing less than 4 bars I will back away because it is going to be a gamble if the game is going to be smooth or not.  All it takes is one bad apple to spoil a bunch. 

• Netduma Staff

The arris modem has blue lights not green. My download is 68 ish. Upload is 28 ish. Ping around 12 ms

The advice above is great, and a pingplotter test is definitely what you need to do. It'll clarify the issue and also give you some evidence for when you next deal with your ISP. It'd also help us to pin down where the problem is coming from.

A ping of 12ms is fantastic however, so it's clear that the Netduma is doing its job. Buck is correct in saying that other players can spoil the gameplay if their connection is terrible.

Before I smashed my PS4 I was using that. Lol

Now I'm playing Xbox 360 mw3. I was also wondering about my settings on the Duma. Maybe I don't have that set up correctly. Like congestion control.

I ran the ping plotter before and it was showing jitter 30,40 ms.

There are other issues I feel I have. I am a trouble shooter for the electric company. My area has been having flicking lights. I found a catv amplifer that had no neutral. When I fixed it it was still missing amps. Found a home that had amperage on his cable line.

In my development I'm at the end of the node.

My tech cable guys I deal with tell me that when there's a neutral problem the amps only go on the catv ground sheething and not the conductor. Which I think is bullshit but whatever. You can't really test the conductor of catv because it's never by itself.

• Administrators

If you post the screenshots from here as well as ping plotter results direct from hub & from the R1 that will help us diagnose the issue

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022425-lag-support-instructions-to-post-on-the-forum-

Plenty of people on here willing and able to help you figure out exactly what issue your having,ISP,modem etc,

Just need to see the screenshots so everyone can advise you on the next step to get it straightened out for you... ;)

ping plotter

Do you have the Netduma plugged into anything else or does it go modem>netduma? Kinda odd to me that your 2nd hop (which is normally your modem) is giving 100% packet loss.