anyone's geofilter working with Modern Warfare Remastered?

• Netduma Staff

Yeh it's bound to be chaos on launch day; Fraser's downloading MWR as we speak, so we'll be able to configure it and let you guys know about the servers soon enough :)

Mw is for camping pussies. Reminds me why I never played cod on mp, was a zombie fan till the boosting /sliding and jumping. Then all u kids who wanna hide in corners and lay on ur dicks get slammed. Mw reminds me of ghosts with guillotine suit. Camo/Camp. I didn't pay 100 bucks for a game to lay in corner, drink and wait for a guy to walk by. I hope they bring back spm on leader boards. Truly see who had bigger e penis lol. Sick of high k/d kids with 100 spm thinking they good at the game. Stay in MW where the tents are.

mine is definitely working, i'm uk based and its within my parameters, 38ms 1100 mile radius.  i will say though that even with all uk players, the time to kill and the time to be killed in MW-RM is way off.  so there are some issues but IW plays really really well. also the single player is great so i'm sure MWRM will get a fix soon and will go back to it then.

it is a corner camping fest though lol, old school cod syndrome is creeping in already lol

I wish ours was.  It's either P2P with host showing in various irregular locations or one match is in East Coast next Match West Coast.... same lobby full of the same players too. weird.  One match my ping is 85ms next 64 next 21... I hope there is a fix coming soon.  I haven't used the geo-filter  maybe 6 times in the last month and 2 of those times was a huge ordeal.  Come on Duma 2.0 !!! take me away!!

Side note MW plays great and overall is way less problematic than bo3 or IW was with it's release versions. It's campy for sure but oh well that's warfare and realism.  If you feel the need to call someone a pussy for playing their way then you probably should take your toys and go play with yourself. To each his own.  BF1 is just as campy and although visually stunning it's glitchy as fuck all just like every version has been in the past.  All games have issues.  Don't like it don't play but talking shit every breath about a game you won't play because they won't play the way YOU want them to is childish.  

Fraser I rebooted and flushed the cloud and when I boot into game the entire map is full of locks. And I see the dormant hosts where they always have been but I have not see a dedicated match in dallas since the game release. I even tried IW and the same thing. I can only get matches on Chicago, New York area, Atlanta , and one that appears to be in Washington or Oregon. I'll get some ids later. Thanks man.

You shouldn't be getting kicked, what is the ID of the blocked host? 

Here you go Fraser, I was able to recreate what I saw all weekend.  One game load in no locks but no Dallas, next time Dallas shows but look  at all the locks.  Both of these were taken during load up of multiplayer.  Generally for the last year or more I would see only 2 locks, one near Oregon and one slightly to the West of Dallas.   Never was able to join a match with the filter enabled this weekend.  Once enabled I would join a lobby and during countdown before match would start to load I would get booted every time.  I do throttle.  However I have tried all weekend with my default bandwidth settings anywhere from 150d/20up to 50d/5u and even my throttle 1696k/296k and it's the same results every time.  

post-9415-0-80110700-1478525143_thumb.png

post-9415-0-94500800-1478525151_thumb.png

Here's the part where they start disappearing.  This is less than 2 minutes after the first screenshot both Dallas and the Kansas circle/host have gone missing.  I believe that kansas host is a misplaced ID, I've asked about it in the past.  Never connected to it due to routing so don;t really know.  

post-9415-0-62850800-1478526035_thumb.png

I did get unto my first dallas match by moving the home location over the dallas dedicated location. So will my PA setup not work any longer? I've used it that way for over a year bow and never had issues unless there was a cloud issue. Educate me.

Put your home location on to of the Irish dedicated server and then slide to 0 km and set Ping assist to 0 then disable go out of game to dashboard load in again and enable after you see the dedis populate and wait a fee minutes then find match. It may take a minute but it was working after cloud update this way. I haven't been able to try it with PA only.

Archived