anyone's geofilter working with Modern Warfare Remastered?

I left. Geo off and found game instantly but Ya think it's they using different servers than bo

Yea this sucks.  Fraser did a cloud update today and it worked a few times with the geo filter placed over dallas but now it won;t find anything.  Even in IW.  So basically I am playing all over the US like before I had the netduma.  This blows.  Now even with the filter over Texas it loads a lobby then kicks me out right before match begins. Just like when trying to use PA.

• Administrators

Can you put the incorrect locations in this thread please: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/18965-cloud-incorrect-locations/ 

You shouldn't be getting any outside your radius at all unless:

• Geo-filter isn't enabled
  • Strict is off
  • Ping assist is on
  • Anti-cheat is in effect

I can take a quick look if this still occurs despite the above settings being corrected just post in the 1 on 1 section.

Can you put the incorrect locations in this thread please: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/18965-cloud-incorrect-locations/ 

• Strict is off
  • Ping assist is on

I can take a quick look if this still occurs despite the above settings being corrected just post in the 1 on 1 section.

Fraser the only way we can get matches is if strict is off.  And then it's guess who of servers.  Or where they're going to appears.  I think that maybe the strict is filtering out servers that are within the geofilter in reality but the cloud has listed outside so it kicks you.

This morning I tried IW as MW Remastered was a lost cause all last night.  I even swapped Duma's.  First match out of the gate with the filter over Texas I start populating a match and then it shows the server location with big circle in New York or somewhere east.  As soon as the match starts countdown I get kicked and it says missing network components and until I disable the filter nothing will work. So I disable, get back online in multiplayer and enable, wait a few minutes, untick strict and it goes right into a match. Fortunately it is one of the mislocated IDs that is Dallas but shows as East Coast so the game was good.  I think you're missing the point.  A bunch of us CANNOT get into matches if strict is ON.  

Fraser I read what you posted on the other thread, I am getting a dedicated server because it allows for temp ban, also I have the geo filter covering the entire state of texas and oklahoma, lousianna, and parts of new mexico. So based on previous history and the fact that we know dallas Texas has a dedicated server I should be getting a match there. The only way I get into an actual match is to turn off strict. Then it connects to one of the misplaced IDS that must be dallas based on ping and temp ban option so it's dedi, but it shows on east coast. I think that is the reason strict is booting me cause it is outside the filter.

Fraser I understand that sticking to our own threads makes it easier to keep up but I have zero answers.  I have been sitting here now for 45 minutes watching it dance around and kick me from full lobby to full lobby over and over and over and over and over.....  Your answer above is irrelevent really.  i UNDERSTAND HOW THE DEVICE WORKS, THE PROBLEM IS THE DEVICE ISN'T WORKING.    

PA I used for over a year with only issues when there was a cloud problem. Or game issues with new releases.  

My typical setup:

geo filter set to smallest area size moved to the middle of the atlantic ocean and PA set to 33-50ms.  This always resulted in Dallas servers until recently.  

My second use of filter.  Filter set form 500-1000 miles PA set to 0 and geo filter placed in areas I wish to game.  I've used this until recently to play in UK servers, Florida and to lock into Atlanta and West Coast for specific reasons.  Now nothing works consistently.  It's been this way since I started posting.  A 1 on 1 sounds good and all but would be a waste of time.  How could I go from working to not working with the same settings?  If it were something I did I would have found it already, I'm more than qualified to troubleshoot the netduma. 

Not trying to be combative but I believe we figured out early on that WITHOUT STRICT OFF several of us cannot get matches and are getting booted.  dedicated server within range or not that is an issue.  Especially if our filter is setting over the top of a known dedicated server that the netduma has reported mere minutes before.  I think the issue at hand is to figure out why some people have disappearing server locations and why strict is causing an issue.  More than likely a cloud issue has mislabeld some authentication server changes and is wreaking havoc on the actions taken form cloud information.  Here is exactly how I have been trying to use the duma since the weekend.  As you can see everything;

• Geo-filter isn't enabled    IT IS
  • Strict is off    IT ISN'T
  • Ping assist is on      IT ISN'T
  • Anti-cheat is in effect     CHECK SYSTEM TIME ON CLOCK FOR 1ST and 2ND PIC I HAVE TOUCHED NOTHING SIMPLY SAID FIND MATCH 45 MIN AGO.  PICS SHOW PLENTY OF TIME FOR ANTICHEAT

post-9415-0-83071200-1478643003_thumb.png

post-9415-0-97534800-1478643241_thumb.png

Still want to know why I cannot use the freaking  zero radius in the ocean and 33ms PA like I have for over a year.  Somethings still not right.  Once I got a some good 4+ KD 500+ SPM matches under my belt I tried the same setting son IW and it's a no go.  Not sure if it's strict mode or jsut the geo-filter itself but anytime I enable the filter I get kicked and get errors like could not connect to server or Network features are missing and then I cannot get IW to load into multiplayer unless I disable the filter.  With filter NO GO,, without filter  GOOD TO GO minus the shitty server locations. 

Yea I agree with you whatever they're doing seems to be messing with my beloved geo-filter. I did manage to get a few good games after waiting forever it seemed and as you said, immediately after doing well I was booted and sat waiting once again.

• Administrators

Okay so sounds like it's working for you now b00st? I believe PA isn't working correctly as they go with a P2P host for the lobby and then switches to a dedicated server so could be outside your radius. 

If it's not working please do post a 1 on 1, it will be easier for me if I can see the issue happening. I won't be available until Friday but happy to take a look then if you post in 1 on 1 section.

The geofilter is working one game at a time Fraser, something is still not right.  I can go into game, activate the filter and wait for a match it will take anywhere from 5-15 minutes to find a game. Once I play one match it automatically pops up and error cannot reach server some services are unavailable at this time.  And it kicks me out of the lobby.  Then I sit and wait again, technically it works but a match every 15 minutes isn't what I signed up for.  Like this first match I got in in 5-6 minutes and got 5 kills and game was over.  Then that lobby started count down and booted me out.  I'll post the legit screens of this match and my next and you can see the times differences on the taskbar. 

And sometimes that error will completely kick me out of the multiplayer until I disable the filter. 

1st match 8:12am,  lasted less than a minute, 3 kills 1 death score 350.

post-9415-0-42877600-1478700836_thumb.png

So I was able to play 4-5 matches by now. So I added one of my retired buddies who lives in Dallas and we cannot get in a game. It loads a lobby fills up and then kicks us.  We are on full lobby countdown #6 within 5 minutes so far without actually going into a game. 

• Strict is off
  • Ping assist is on

OK so now, I was finally able to get a game with me and 1 friend.  After a few minutes in match I get an error appliction will suspend in 15 minutes cannot verify license.  I ignore it.  next game same message then a disconnect from chat party with a DNS error and it will not reconnect to chat.  Then within seconds it disconnects me from the match completely and all of my games have lock symbols.  So I disable the geo-filter and everything is fine. WTF!?  Immediately after disabling geo-filter I can access both his chat party as well as the locks are now gone form all of my apps.  Could the filter is filtering an auth server or something?

OK so after a morning full of games with filter disabled we tried IW.  Same exact issues.  Without filter everything runs fine.  With filter I get kicked form party chat and game is no longer available due to network errors.  It's hosed. 

Archived