Since we are getting DDoS'd anyway...

iAmMoDBoX

I saved some IP addresses from the PS4 beta, and found it interesting that they all come back to being on this provider:

1174e82ca3584192b799966a8cf14750.png

I'm on the East coast of the US and no way I'm connecting to Ukraine since my ping in these games is less than 30ms. Thought it was interesting since on BO3, all of their servers for PS4 are on Choopa/Vultr.

Could it be that Activision is buying beefed up servers for the beta to make it work as good as possible and then going cheap in the final game?

Well according to the geo filter, 9/10 games i play are player host and are garbage, one game on terminal kept freezing and came back after id been killed, the majority of connections on iw beta for me have been awful.

I've seen a constant freezing 'stutter' in every game I've played so far. Every 30 seconds or so.

Always seems to hit you when you're turning and it makes you turn too far and run into stuff. Very annoying.

And mine all say player hosts too but that could be just because they aren't on the Netduma yet as dedis.

Well according to the geo filter, 9/10 games i play are player host and are garbage, one game on terminal kept freezing and came back after id been killed, the majority of connections on iw beta for me have been awful.

I've seen a constant freezing 'stutter' in every game I've played so far. Every 30 seconds or so.

Always seems to hit you when you're turning and it makes you turn too far and run into stuff. Very annoying.

And mine all say player hosts too but that could be just because they aren't on the Netduma yet as dedis.

Xbox or PS4?

I'm on Xbox mate. I'm mostly getting a host in the South of England, about 80km away. I think it's a dedi bank but it's not the same place as the BO3 dedis (which are all in Ireland for Xbox).

Is it doing the stutter on PS4?

It's very much like the stutter I made a thread on where party chat was causing BO3 to stutter/drop frames. It's not full on lag like the game chat issue just a weird fraction of a second pause that messes your flow up.

I know Frustrated is seeing some kind of stutter too but Zennon isn't having the issue at all (both Xbox).

I'd normally assume it was either a setup issue or bad luck but this happens literally every game for me, I can't be that unlucky, and my setup is the same as always.

And I've just played BF1 for 2 hours and I didn't see a single stutter so my internet isn't playing up.

And it's late on a Friday night here, nobody else is online in my house and it's a long way past peak time for the neighbourhood to be congested.

I saved some IP addresses from the PS4 beta, and found it interesting that they all come back to being on this provider:

1174e82ca3584192b799966a8cf14750.png

I'm on the East coast of the US and no way I'm connecting to Ukraine since my ping in these games is less than 30ms. Thought it was interesting since on BO3, all of their servers for PS4 are on Choopa/Vultr.

Could it be that Activision is buying beefed up servers for the beta to make it work as good as possible and then going cheap in the final game?

How did you get the IP addresses?

I'm on Xbox mate. I'm mostly getting a host in the South of England, about 80km away. I think it's a dedi bank but it's not the same place as the BO3 dedis (which are all in Ireland for Xbox).

Is it doing the stutter on PS4?

It's very much like the stutter I made a thread on where party chat was causing BO3 to stutter/drop frames. It's not full on lag like the game chat issue just a weird fraction of a second pause that messes your flow up.

I know Frustrated is seeing some kind of stutter too but Zennon isn't having the issue at all (both Xbox).

I'd normally assume it was either a setup issue or bad luck but this happens literally every game for me, I can't be that unlucky, and my setup is the same as always.

And I've just played BF1 for 2 hours and I didn't see a single stutter so my internet isn't playing up.

And it's late on a Friday night here, nobody else is online in my house and it's a long way past peak time for the neighbourhood to be congested.

Week 1 of the PS4 beta, I wanted to punch myself in the throat after playing the game to remind myself to never play it again... However, yesterday was week 2 and it was such a beautiful experience. I honestly had 0 problems or bullshit deaths in the 10 hours or so that I played last night. Obviously tonight I haven't played with all the service issues going on.

Magic :)

Yes stutter for me also, have other friends playing as well are seeing it, yes just like the party chat stutter, seen one server in centre of the uk once! But most of the games have been playable, actually playing better than the blops beta.. I think this hopefully will get better.

He's a master of the dark arts.

It's way over my head.

But it's also not something that can be shared in the forum. Because some people will be naughty with that info.

Archived