Duma Smooth

Akic

Don't know what's happened the past few days but the gameplay on AW for me is back to Duma Smooth the way it was when I first got the router and was getting mainly P2P connections.

I haven't changed anything in the settings and I'm connecting to the same dedis I was having problems with recently so not sure what's happened there.

Maybe the cloud updates have improved things or something on Activision's end but for me the gameplay is great right now.

Anyone else noticing this? I'm still on the .2 firmware BTW

It has been trash on the weekends for me but during the week connections have been good. Also more ppl playing clan wars this past weekend could have had something to do with it. Im also always playing on dedicated servers since i live right next to one. One day its laggy the other day it isn't. I forget how the game would play if i were connected p2p

Strange one this.

Since I got COD its played fine. Couple of times the Euro servers were obviously down as game wouldn't connect with strict on (but I just switched it off and all sorted next day).

But when I'm playing I'm nearly always on a dedicated server and it plays fine. Ping hovers between 20-25ms to Amsterdam servers but almost a perfect flat line (none of these spikes others see). Registration on the whole is good. Strange it's so variable so for so many :(

Been pretty bad for me, last night was awful, the ping graph looked like a heart monitor. Played OK the night before though. Roll on Black Ops 3.

What makes you think BO3 will be any different.

Yeah its the same every year we think the next will be the saviour then its is more broken than the last as they bring in more stuff.

I was hoping for a more back to basics cod but now they are half robot, half human there is going to be silly movements that show up how the internet fails when people connect round the world when hit boxes are out because of fast movement.

Their rewind tech approach is not tight at times, when there are certain variables it works fine when there is others it is out and it feels garb.

So just the same AW randomness then. Haven't had a laggy game for 2 days straight so thought it might be good news for everyone else too, better make the most of my good run while it lasts :P

Zennon, I'm with you 100% mate.  The super fast movements are all well enough but it exposes the flaws in the net code much more.  I'd love a more back to basics COD but that won't happen because it's already been done to death, I don't think they'd risk it for fear of declining sales. 

A lot of gamers need to see something new and shiny every time.

If the single player is terminator like thats all good i just hope you just look cool in the MP and they actualy read all the comments about movement on forums and youtube polls where the majority want a ww2 setting but thats up in smoke now, unless like the snapchat images and vids make out there might be some going back in time thing going on.

If its just cosmetic i will be happy if its manic fly around ohh i am behind you bull then i will cry myself to sleep on reveal day :( lol

Sorry for derailing the thread , i am emotional right now ;)

I fine playing on dedi is awful.. When I connect to a player host the game plays allot better. When you get a ping of 0 (Just kidding), around 25 ms, you should be kicking ass. Not the R1 fault, just the games the developers are doing on the dedi.

I think it works best for me when I have only 3 maybe 4 guys in a party. If I get a full 6 it really struggles and I have to turn the geo filter off lately. If I were a solo (no Han intended) player I'd probably be at a 2.0 kdr.

I think it works best for me when I have only 3 maybe 4 guys in a party. If I get a full 6 it really struggles and I have to turn the geo filter off lately. If I were a solo (no Han intended) player I'd probably be at a 2.0 kdr.

Luke at you! :lol:

What makes you think BO3 will be any different.

Black ops 2 played terrible for me but for a lot of players it was great. People playing Black Ops 2 with an R1 are saying the game plays very well. I havn't seen one bad report. It isn't that developers first game.

And to be honest it cannot be any worse than the randomness of connections on AW.

The R1 has made AW playable for the most part as without it I would have given up about two months ago like I did on Black ops 2.

Archived