So Black Ops 1 on Xbox One is backwards compatible but finding sessions with host filtering set to the CoD Ultimate Profile wont work. I have the recommended Netduma settings by Frazzer such as disabling iPv6, deep packet process, and other items recommended. Xbox One > Xbox Live was set and also disabled while testing the search in the Hyper Lane. No matter what I will never find a match even while I set the PA to 70. It works fine for Xbox One and PS4 but not too sure about backwards compatibility.

I don't use that profile but the X1 and PS4 run primarily off dedicated servers.  Ops1 is mostly p2p, at least that's all i've seen when trying.  You'll need to use the geo filter in your area most likely to find a room.  Depending on how populated your area is you may need to expand it as well to get a room.

Ah I see, considering BOPS 1 has 90,000 players it wont be an issue. Should I also set the search settings ingame to locale only or default? I'm assuming default since the Netduma will force the game to search in my selected geographics region. Thanks

Not sure on that.  I don't recall ever changing mine.  Assume either would work since as you said the geo will force host in your range.   Good luck in Ops.

I wont be playing it as there is something wonky about BC running on the One but I had no issues finding  games lwith my geo over the UK set to locale.

I could feel a input lag problem, i have just search "xbox one backward compatibility input lag" and found loads of others describing it too across different titles and time frames.

I played last night for a few games got a host 58 mile from me,Geo filter enabled PA at 30 radius just covering then uk,did feel slightly off with aiming and stuff but connection was great no trouble killing people,will be playing more this wknd

i'll say this, ps4 is annoying me with its lack of development.  i had an xbone an got rid of it early doors as it was a bit pap but the way they are pushing this stuff through is great even if the hardware is a bit pap.  its well annoying to see how the backwards compatibility march has left ps4 miles behind, they just seem to have no get up and go about themselves.    

i actually kept getting no xbox live when on the 360 emulator so turned the duma off and it connected just fine,but night before played with geo on and it also connected so not sure if there is a bug somewhere,connections... well there not great but playable,So just though id mention it maybe someone has some insight into the issue i had but its nothing to worry about..

Archived