how is cod aw playing for you with the netduma

scoobypreza

A lot less wtf moments and less lag, for me my problem is it exposes all my faults that I can no longer blame on lag, getting better though

Still get some real laggy moments but nowhere near as many as before the R1

My experience on aw with the r1 has changed the game for me I was ready to sell because of the laggy games although I love cod I happened upon a post on the cod forums while looking for a solution for my lag and someone mentioned the router bought one and never looked back

I usually ping around 40-60ms to host, most of the time here lately it's been great. Hit detection is spot on, even went on a rampage last night with the IMR which I feel is best for judging hit detection.

Without the R1, AW is a mess. The matchmaking system is so wacky that it's about a 1 in 10 chance that I'd connect to a lobby that has a decent connection. So I would probably quit 9/10 lobbies because the lag would be so bad. With the R1, AW is playable, most of the lobbies I connect to are decent but there's always some players in each lobby that I lag to and can't seem to hit them, and vice versa, it seems like some players just always lose gun battles to me. And it doesn't have anything to do with skill either, just pure lag. I'll have no trouble killing the best players on the other team but will lose gunfights to one of the worst players on the other team all the time. I'm not complaining about it, just my observation. I'm past the point of complaining about it, I just take it as part of the game and if I don't like it then I can play something else. Better for the sanity that way.

So I hop on, play a few games. If I die, then meh..., respawn and keep going. I can at least hold my own with the R1's help, otherwise I'd have quit playing AW a long time ago.

With Netduma I can only find 2 to 5 games, but most of the time they feel great and hover from 30ms to 50ms.  Otherwise I would match 20+ games and get thrown into one immediately where my ping would be around 60ms - 80ms with 100ms spikes.  So it takes longer to find matches for me with Netduma, and sometimes due to my own pings being higher at certain times of the day, but it's worth the wait.  If I absolutely want to play during those times I have to turn off my Netduma to get into a match.  When I play with my brother, it keeps kicking us out of lobbies and has an incredibly hard time finding matches for some reason even though we're both going through Netduma on separate PS4's and he has his host filtering disabled and we're set with static IPs.  We both live in east Texas and ping 30ms to Dallas servers, and without Netduma we're able to join matches almost immediately.  But that's not really relevant to this topic here.

I used to think that I was an awful player and my reactions to gunfights were slower than molasses going uphill in January..... R1 showed me otherwise and i'm thankful.

Good to hear Cranium, I am guessing you are the same Cranium from the AW forums? A lot friendlier here isnt it? :)

That's me! The b.s. over there is painful. I actually have to avoid half the posts anymore. I hope this place stays real.

Archived