Getting worse im afraid

RADDY1993

I have been playing last night and today and games are just real bad, i have had an op on my ankle so will be stuck in a wheelchair for over 2 months and was looking forward to some gaming to pass the time. From what i have seen since last night is not good i must say games are like i hav'nt even got my Duma wired up, last week was not bad but now its just like it was before i got the Duma, is anyone else having this same problem and is there ant way to improve it.

Raddy you are not alone, i feel your pain.

I had a really bad time last night.

I tried a game without any thing set on laptop, switched it off and had my best game of the night.

Before i switched it off i felt 1 step behind in every game. Needed a full clip of ammo to kill but felt like i was dying off 1 bullet.

Could have been purely coinsidance though.

Im gonna do some more testing over the weekend.

Same here guys, it's a shame.

It's to do with the dedis, when I grab a P2P game everything is DUMA style but the dedis are killing me.  The thing is I'm getting great pings to the dedi but this doesn't translate to good games in fact it translates to awful lag ridden games.  I'm guessing I'm being punished with lag comp for having such a good connection to the dedi.

I've tried changing my home location to grab a different dedi but it's all the same really, heard good things about the Netherlands one but no difference for me.

Just when I was on my way to getting my KDR to 2, stuck at 1.65 now and struggling...meh

What's worked for me was to set your home location in the ocean with a 111km size so it basically ignores your location. And then set ping assist to your desired number. I find it changing every day, so start at about 35 and go to 55/60 until you get a game. The sweet spot was about 40/45... This way ping assist finds low ping hosts, and good dedis to put you on. I've learned that the location of the dedis is not accurate at all with our R1 so ping assist is needed.

What's worked for me was to set your home location in the ocean with a 111km size so it basically ignores your location. And then set ping assist to your desired number. I find it changing every day, so start at about 35 and go to 55/60 until you get a game. The sweet spot was about 40/45... This way ping assist finds low ping hosts, and good dedis to put you on. I've learned that the location of the dedis is not accurate at all with our R1 so ping assist is needed.

Is strict mode enabled?

I have the same issue Raddy, some games are great and others are awful just like without the Duma  every time I get a dedi, I was lucky enough to play on a p2p connection the other day and just stayed in that lobby and the games were great.

I fear that it is on AW Activision end of things, Yesterday was actually brilliant for me but the day before during the day I couldnt hit the side of a barn and make a mark. Same day but in the evening and I was going positive every game.

Makes no sense and is very frustrating.

cod aw has been laggy last 2 month! I always play with 50 ping now... That Netherland dediservers is always host...even for UK players... I can see before the game begins and choose host.

But in my case is odd because i live in Sweden and i just have to deal with it... I rather do some other stuff than play laggy cod and never get the OP AK.12 R.I.P and BAL steel shit....

sux big time... i bet Duma crew will do some force host :D i wish!

Hmm have you gusy tray to play FFA form me this game mode rubs a lot more consistent then all the others i can lagg on them bot playing FFA ist about 70% of games are good

Guys its not any better in the states, the only way its going to change is if people voice their issues with Devs and Activision, or just stop giving them our money. If you're buying DLC and supply drops but not forcing them to fix connection then you're not doing anything to help.

Everybody cried for dedicated servers in the past and now look ;)

Indeed. Who'd have thought Activision would scrimp on the servers? lol

I wonder if some servers are running a low update / tick rate depending on company hosting them for Activision?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Guys,

We're pretty liberal here on the forum. But please don't bash the devs or ask people not buy other peoples products. You can recommend products but please don't trash other ones. I hope you understand why we moderate that. 

Cheers!

Ok so have been messing around with different settings and wot not for a few hours, and after a while i am getting some great games so if anyones interested try out my GF setup and see if you have any luck.

b176ca1a6e.jpg

Ok so have been messing around with different settings and wot not for a few hours, and after a while i am getting some great games so if anyones interested try out my GF setup and see if you have any luck.

I guess that you also connect to Netherlands dedi servers sometimes right? If so... What ping do you get and how do you experience the hit detection on the opponents? Does it match with the host ping or does it seem like they lag and get advantage over you? 

I'm just curious mate :)

I guess that you also connect to Netherlands dedi servers sometimes right? If so... What ping do you get and how do you experience the hit detection on the opponents? Does it match with the host ping or does it seem like they lag and get advantage over you? 

I'm just curious mate :)

That Netherlands dedi is not bad, the ping is about 40ms but it plays very well and hit detection is great.

I think it's just player count man. When i made the transition to PS4 from PS3, Ghosts connections went from being great to being really hit or miss.  I imagine the same can be said with AW and the dwindling player count as more people become discouraged.  I try to play prime time hours and that Florida/Georgia Dedi is where it's at for me.  The one solely in Florida I ping 25 ms but the games are horrid must be an influx of island players (no offense).  I strictly play the TDM gamemode, with no official count and by going with previous game mode counts its got to be the most popular. I also hooked back up the old PS3 to rock some of the older cods and the netduma absolutely makes black ops 2 run like a dream. Bob and weave man switch consoles, switch games just keep moving.  You gotta find another "fun" game to give a go or you will lose your mind. Here's a suggestion if you're a Dragonball Z fan or even if you're not, Dragonball Z Xenoverse is pretty addicting.  Check out some twitch streams to see if its for you.  Lastly, shout out to the Netduma Crew! Excellent product and awesome customer relations. I wish you guys continued success. 

It's the game at the moment.It's been a week or so since i've got a P2P game all dedi's,but again that's what everyone was screaming for.It's kinda hard to complain about something that you ask for and then when you get it,you still complain.I also thought dedi's would make a more stable connection for everyone,all i can say on that is... swing and a miss.

I move my home location to Bama (from Michigan) and it plays better that the dedi's i have 80 miles from my house.Between the connections and all the movements going on in AW IMO it just can't keep up.

But ghosts and BO2 runs pretty decent and as i've said before i hate BO2.But the duma makes it enjoyable

Archived