Any news on lag compe experiment?

bagsta69

Hi yall, I have been having a mare the last couple of days on black ops 3 and was wondering if there had been any conclusions/results on the Lag Compensation experiment that you guys did?

@bagsta theres been dbl weapon xp on for the past weekend and the weekend before that dbl xp the game always plays like a bag of bolts when this is on , there will be i think 2 weekends of normal gaming then dbl xp and the w/end after dbl wep xp then 2 weeks rest , its all to do with trying to get players on the game etc , you know the score.

iv had many many many bad lobbies recently some i have left esp when im 1-10 after a few mins (spawn die spawn die spawn die etc) sometimes i stay in the lobby and the switch flicks and i end up beasting with 20 + kills , yes thats a beasting for me there all gun kills if i get 2 care packages a game im awesome lol.

tonight iv been in a few lobbies the game starts and i charge (map depending) i get 3/4/5 quick kills in the first minute of the game then black screen the trey loading emblem and im on a different map sometimes with the same players and the game restarts sometimes i end up joining a game in progress ffs.

i look forwards to the results of the lag comp test as to my mind if they (treyarch/infinityward/sledgehammer) under acti's control can programme it in then it can be programmed out or around , but would this be considerd as useing an external device to cheat like a modded controller ?.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted in another thread that the Dev was going to do it but he's quite busy now so I will look into it myself asap.

Awesome I've been doing some test myself with a nifty little program I made, can simulate ping jitter, spkies, packet loss, duplication of packets and re-ordering of packets, I've been testing in private matches and the results are a little weird to say the least.

In my opinion lag and lag comp is something different in cod. Im sure that lag comp has something to do with low bandwidth. Its gone that far that i can predict a enemies bandwidth and its often correct

There is 100 percent an issue with a fast connection when it comes to gaming , if i limit throttle my upload speed to around 8 percent my game plays alot snappier and smoother whereas if i leave it full speed the gameplay is slow and sluggish. 

Awesome I've been doing some test myself with a nifty little program I made, can simulate ping jitter, spkies, packet loss, duplication of packets and re-ordering of packets, I've been testing in private matches and the results are a little weird to say the least.

I have the PC version of BO3 in addition to the console versions, and I have noticed even in Private Matches with bots... The ping numbers are way too high for a local connection e.g. it will be anywhere from 25-30ms at the end of the match for me as a "client". In most other games that have bots and local play, the ping is practically zero (5-10ms) and it has been this way since the days of Quake III, and Unreal Tournament.

There is 100 percent an issue with a fast connection when it comes to gaming , if i limit throttle my upload speed to around 8 percent my game plays alot snappier and smoother whereas if i leave it full speed the gameplay is slow and sluggish. 

You are most likely suffering from Buffer Bloat if you have a fast connection, especially cable vs. DSL that is ideal for online gaming.

The other part of the equation is (most likely) the Activision servers are both asynchronous (receive data faster than they send it out) and also set at a low tick rate (30Hz vs. 60Hz) due to them being legacy servers for older titles... Some that were still 30fps even in MP.

So, if we were to eliminate all of the issues on our end, that still leaves the main problem being the supposedly outdated servers and settings they may be running on and there is absolutely nothing we can do about that, unfortunately.

With the program I made I added a high jitter to my connection and this is not a placebo I am the biggest joke in the world on COD atm, I can post videos if needed but I think that's what should be definitely looked into.

With the program I made I added a high jitter to my connection and this is not a placebo I am the biggest joke in the world on COD atm, I can post videos if needed but I think that's what should be definitely looked into.

thats crazy, is it easy to add artificial jitter to connection? i want to try it out

thats crazy, is it easy to add artificial jitter to connection? i want to try it out

The way I'm doing it is using my 2 Ethernet ports and using my PC as a middle man, then giving artificial jitter to my Ethernet port what goes to my PS4 so I can still stream through my PC without connection Issues I'll upload some videos later on when I wake up and I literally teleport through bullets and all my bullets although delayed land all at the same time so they instant die.

The way I'm doing it is using my 2 Ethernet ports and using my PC as a middle man, then giving artificial jitter to my Ethernet port what goes to my PS4 so I can still stream through my PC without connection Issues I'll upload some videos later on when I wake up and I literally teleport through bullets and all my bullets although delayed land all at the same time so they instant die.

Better hide your username in it as that's considered network tampering and is bannable, iirc.

blakeyb1 can you post your videos please? Also what program did you use for artificial jitter?

I'll upload some today.

Better hide your username in it as that's considered network tampering and is bannable, iirc.

So is buying routers to lower packet sizes or control congestion for lower ping, but good old bald head vonde doesn't care about anything but money hence the ruining of a great game. :D

Archived