Something is not right when I play COD and I can't figure out what

mike10522

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they have sent a engineer out and its been a jitter issue that is bang out of order.

Do a test after 7pm tonight and if It has even worse jitter then you have ammo to throw at them and also you can ask why they sent an engineer for a ISP congestion issue.

Mike did you say you have comcast? I have comcast and got my issue sorted, nowhere near what I saw on that ping plotter but still the same. Im not that far from you either. Let me know. Because if you do have comcast the only way to get it sorted out is email brian roberts ceo of comcast and every senior tech will be calling you. But it did take a long while to get it all fixed

did you really?  haha yes i have comcat xfinity  and you no longer have the ping issues im having?

Hell yes I did several times. I believe it is [email protected] could be net. I never had issues anywhere near that abomination but I had lag. I never saw packet loss like you either. I always sent a nice pleasant email to Mr. Roberts stating my issues with my proof and said I was not looking for a discount or whatever I just would like it to work. Now when the lead tech's come to your home they will blame anykind of equipment you have that is not comcasts so I would suggest running all these tests from just their equipment to prove it is in there equipment, lines etc. They tried to say it was my netgear router but I flipped out, yes me haha, and showed them the pile of routers I have. 

Now I'm not going to lie this took me almost 2 years to get where I am now and their lines are so sensitive that if your neighbor has a messed up line it will affect you and you will be calling again. Now I live within an hour of you and I don't think I ever go through any of the comcast hops you do. I am running a cisco 3800 modem I think downstairs right now and it is probably the 11th modem I have had in two years. maybe more. You really have to keep pushing

https://gyazo.com/c96de0aebef58a9c6384967482dc2735this is with anyone in the household running whatever but thought it would give you a comparison.

if i want to make it so i play every game connect to say that server in texas and not p2p, is there a way netduma can do that

Yes,move your home location to texas and make sure the state is covered by your GF

Put ping assist to zero

And have strict mode ticked

And you should be on that dedi

secretface and I must have posted at the same time... :D

it worked but my ping graph was 90 jumping to 250 on gun fights

i appreciate everyone's help i really do but i give up,  it's so demeaning that i know i'm great at something, but I can't be great at it anymore because of where i live, 

This one me, every single match i would go 40-3,  made it to top 15000 players, but now i'm lucky to get to 1.3.

FVZIcR0.jpg

No I have 100s of screens, and I'm mast prestige now, if till two weeks ago I was still going 40-4 vs teams, event went 50-7 on a glitched lobby we were missing,

That and the test above show some serious issues with my connection so at least I know what the issue is if you read page two

Let me start this off with, I've been playing cod since modern warfare, in black ops 3 I had a 330 score per min in hardcore with a 2.50 was top 14,000. My point is I know when something isn't right I just can't figure out what, I'm instantly losing gun fights, I go back and watch in theater and 1-2 bullets I fired on my screen never left the gun. I hold a 35-80 ping depending time of day so on, mostly 50. But I can't figure out what's going on so here i am hope someone can help.

Sorry for the late response Mike10522 but I've been out of state on vacation.

Secretface almost had my name right...haha.

Anyway take a look at my post 

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/10793-working-theory-for-east-coast-usa-players-in-bo3/,

I'm sure it is exactly what is happening to you since we are in the same state with the same ISP. 

I didn't see what modem you are using but if it's the SB6183 or CM500, you may be having an issue with the EEE bug. 

Those modems do not work for me with Comcast. I had to switch to the SB6141. I haven't had any more problems after switching to it. 

If you are getting high pings especially after downloading a file through the Netduma then your are definitely having an issue with the EEE bug.

I also want to make sure that you have the Netduma as the first router behind your modem. Since the 1.03.6 update, I have put the Netduma first and it has been awesome. Moving it first solved some issues that I was having. 

As far as BO3, try moving your geo over Iowa with an 800mi radius, Strict Mode = On, PA = 0.

1456522669-U1511.png

This works for me because it stops me from connecting to the East Coast servers who are allowing Europeans and Central Americans to play on East Coast servers. 

The major problem with this game is Matchmaking. There is no reason for other countries being on the same servers as us. 

One other issue I have with this game is the fact that I can not play any team based game mode. Not sure what the deal is but I can dominate in FFA but as soon as I try and play TDM, Domination, or Kill Confirmed, I can't even go positive. 

My friends had Verizon Fios and their pings were way higher than mine. Their best ping was a 35ms. I have a 12ms ping with comcast. 

My best suggestion would be to have the ISP company come to your new house and have them demonstrate the connection before you sign up.

It's not hard for them to connect to the drop and provide proof for their connection. 

Chose the one with the lowest ping as long as they have the speeds you want. The netduma can help with high pings but it can't increase your internet

speeds. 

Goodluck

FQs19

Archived