Something is not right when I play COD and I can't figure out what

mike10522

Let me start this off with, I've been playing cod since modern warfare, in black ops 3 I had a 330 score per min in hardcore with a 2.50 was top 14,000.

My point is I know when something isn't right I just can't figure out what, I'm instantly losing gun fights, I go back and watch in theater and 1-2 bullets I fired on my screen never left the gun.

I hold a 35-80 ping depending time of day so on, mostly 50. But I can't figure out what's going on so here i am hope someone can help.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know black ops 3 ran on servers? I'm in PA.

Also this is on the ps4

Also according to the black ops 3 ping chart not the netduma, every time I run into someone my ping jumps, sometimes jumps to 100, sometimes over 400

Let me start this off with, I've been playing cod since modern warfare, in black ops 3 I had a 330 score per min in hardcore with a 2.50 was top 14,000. My point is I know when something isn't right I just can't figure out what, I'm instantly losing gun fights, I go back and watch in theater and 1-2 bullets I fired on my screen never left the gun. I hold a 35-80 ping depending time of day so on, mostly 50. But I can't figure out what's going on so here i am hope someone can help.

Same, been trying to figure it out for about a month now, its got worse, i can't be the only one with this much bad luck surely.

I didn't know black ops 3 ran on servers? I'm in PA. Also this is on the ps4 Also according to the black ops 3 ping chart not the netduma, every time I run into someone my ping jumps, sometimes jumps to 100, sometimes over 400

BO3 is running primarily on dedicated servers, but P2P games are still available.

Why are you checking the in game ping when you have the ability to check the Duma without clicking the menu button and taking you away from the game?

I don't personally put any stock in the readings from the BO3 provided in game ping.  There is absolutely no reason that graph has to even be accurate as there is literally ZERO downside to them providing it.  

Here is one thing to check while gaming.   Have the geo filter map zoomed all the out, so you can see the whole world.  Check the location of the other players. While I am in San Diego, I often play with friends as party leader in the northeastern US.   I noticed that the games often have players from Asia, Europe, central and south America, etc.   When we have these players, I notice the that BO3 in-game ping goes crazy and I have a difficult time killing them.

It jumps, I'd say a good strong average is around 50

Your base ping does not not wanting to be jumping at all and 50ms is getting to be a high ping for gaming to start with.

Run a Netduma network diagnostics at peak times do a few different tests and either post or let us know the stat's It sounds like you have ISP congestion at peak time leading to higher pings then.

Here is one thing to check while gaming.   Have the geo filter map zoomed all the out, so you can see the whole world.  Check the location of the other players. While I am in San Diego, I often play with friends as party leader in the northeastern US.   I noticed that the games often have players from Asia, Europe, central and south America, etc.   When we have these players, I notice the that BO3 in-game ping goes crazy and I have a difficult time killing them.

I was doing some testing in the Eu last night on the XB1 and I was the one limping into some P2P lobbies.  I can attest to the fact that it "felt" like my ping was leading to an easier time getting away from certain death, but I didn't get any magic bullets, nor was I melting.  It was pretty "even" in the ratio of bullets needed to kill them versus bullets sponged by me.

I ran the diagnostic 5 times,  everything was rated good with no packet lost everytime, i ran a speedtest.net test 5 times,  average 35 mbps even though i pay comcast for 80,  every time i call, they bring someone out, this someone test my modem and tells me "i reach the 80mbps speed with my comcast device nothing I can do"

and my ping through speed test was 35

I ran the test a 6th time and my ping was rated "ok"  everything else is the same.

what's next

i just ran the test a 7th time,  ping was good,  my jitter and spikers were Exceptional

ran the test an 8th time, ping was ok, jitter was ok, spikers were terrible,  so i'm getting some odd results 

i just ran the test a 7th time,  ping was good,  my jitter and spikers were Exceptional

ran the test an 8th time, ping was ok, jitter was ok, spikers were terrible,  so i'm getting some odd results 

As i thought you have jitter and spikes this will make gaming a pain.

Run https://www.pingplotter.com/download.html ping plotter pro free for 30 days then it reverts to free.

Type 8.8.8.8 into the target and press go, do not use the internet while you plot.

I will need a few different samples including tests at peak time so 7pm onwards.

Please post the plots so i can look over them.

Archived