Bo3 in game ping meter

liveandletdie34

I wouldn't put to much stock on the "in game developer provided ping graph".  Numerous Duma users have reported seeing numbers VASTLY different on the Duma's true diagnostics over the in game BS they publish to appease the masses.

All I gotta say is that I know how lag feels and looks like and when I'm playing I'm not looking at the duma but quickly check the ping in game.

It matches what I am feeling and seeing and when I glance at the duma it does not and shows far less ping than what I am seeing in game.

I would trust the in game ping at this point, they even show you the bars and ping rates that go with them.

Trust me, they match and are accurate. I have tested it out, there will be a delay in the duma stats for sure.

All I gotta say is that I know how lag feels and looks like and when I'm playing I'm not looking at the duma but quickly check the ping in game.

It matches what I am feeling and seeing and when I glance at the duma it does not and shows far less ping than what I am seeing in game.

I would trust the in game ping at this point, they even show you the bars and ping rates that go with them.

Trust me, they match and are accurate. I have tested it out, there will be a delay in the duma stats for sure.

LOL - What?!

The chances that the in game ping is delivering real and accurate data, for a game that is widely considered to be playing pretty bad on most scorecards, is more than a little bit extra to swallow.

That would be like saying the "published" stats on your favorite new supercar are accurate from the manufacturer and the tests done by Road and Track are not worth the paper they are printed upon.   :huh:

There is NO REASON for the magazine to lie and there is NO REASON for the manufacturer to tell the truth.

LOL - What?!

The chances that the in game ping is delivering real and accurate data, for a game that is widely considered to be playing pretty bad on most scorecards, is more than a little bit extra to swallow.

That would be like saying the "published" stats on your favorite new supercar are accurate from the manufacturer and the tests done by Road and Track are not worth the paper they are printed upon.   :huh:

There is NO REASON for the magazine to lie and there is NO REASON for the manufacturer to tell the truth.

I have personally tested the in game ping out and it works.

With adjustable controlled ping delay added I can see it works in sync with the in game meter.

Yea I can add ping to the game and adjust it to whatever. I tested the hyperlane with that today and still lagged. 

Before test I was in game pinging 30-46 and with the test it went to 150-200 which brought it to 3 bars in game.

Oh and this is not something within netduma but another source I use to test.

The in game ping in any game MW3,BO2,BO3 is completely inaccurate,ever notice when the whole lobby is a solid 4 bar all green and the game runs like shit,but if you check the graph it says 15 ms,so I should be blasting and having zero WTF moments but that doesn't happen.

And when you add artificial lag to your game, (borderline cheating) you can't have a true control group to test from as your changing the variables.

From my experiences, I have noticed at times of extreme lag that the Netduma pings are fairy consistent yet the in-game ping is maxed out at 400+ms.  It is my opinion that the BO3 ping numbers are affected by actual server performance, other players, etc.  For example, I could be getting fairly steady 80mS pings from Netduma yet the BO3 pings are 400+mS spikes, which happens to correspond to noticeable lag in-game performance.  

I believe that the Netduma is a true ping to the server host, but the BO3 ping number is more of a communication packet response time.  This packet response time is affected by players going in and out of the game, encounters with players with very high pings, server loading, etc.

Archived