Development Plan

Guest Netduma_Iain

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we have a way to throttle individual ip address?  So if I have 50/10 and i want one ip to have 5/1 I can set CC to 10%, but what is I want that ip address to have 25/8?  Great product.  Still trying to get it tuned, but i like what i see and the potental

Guest Netduma Fraser

Can we have a way to throttle individual ip address?  So if I have 50/10 and i want one ip to have 5/1 I can set CC to 10%, but what is I want that ip address to have 25/8?  Great product.  Still trying to get it tuned, but i like what i see and the potental

Not exactly no. You can use the device prioritisation for devices but its only for the upload currently. Thanks, glad to hear youre enjoying it :D You can see our wiki here and that may help you fine tune a bit more :) http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I went to Brussels it was amazing, if you're ever in Europe I would highly recommend it!!

The anti-jitter feature is only theoretical. But I've noticed many people saying similar things that the jitter seems to hurt them in a gunfight. This would suggest that you get a burst of traffic at once and it causes slight increase in latency.

The idea in theory, it may be complete garbage but essentially is you purposefully add a tiny amount of delay 5-10ms max. When you get a large burst the aritificial delay is removed(it would obivously be opt-in) so the extra delay you get would be cancelled out. I hope that makes sense, and like I said could just be a load of rubbish but an idea had based on your feedback.

that would be a huge feature

if you are host you could damphen your own jitter that way, all clients would face a very very constant ping then unlike what youd have otherwise with slight spikes from the jitter

some games are really ping-sensitive, jumping pings from the host can cause very very bad games

those games really need constant pings that you can adjust to during the game (amount of ping doesnt matter that much, it just needs to be smooth and stable)

Sound whoring & a modded controller is not the same as a netduma. ;)

A Scuf isn't a modded controller.  NiftyModz, and others like them, that offer one-button drop shot, one-button QS and automatic reload (w/ animation cancel) is a modded controller.

A Scuf isn't a modded controller.  NiftyModz, and others like them, that offer one-button drop shot, one-button QS and automatic reload (w/ animation cancel) is a modded controller.

A scuf is a modded controller. It's not stock & has things added to it. That's modded no matter how you look at it.

A scuf is a modded controller. It's not stock & has things added to it. That's modded no matter how you look at it.

A Scuf controller features activation buttons on the bottom of the controller, that are no different from the buttons on the top, and they offer trigger stops to take up the loose creep of the stock OEM triggers.

That's not modded, that's an evolutionary improvement based on use.  If MSFT had built the thing that way, it would be accepted by all as it doesn't mess with the game mechanics. The buttons add no super powers.  You don't jump any higher or knife with any more accuracy.  The triggers travel a shorter distance, but don't add damage or round count to the bullets being fired.  

A pair of Jordans isn't going to make you jump any higher than an old pair of Chuck Taylor canvas Cons, but from a health and well being perspective the Jordans are built with new tech.  That doesn't make them a modded component to the game.

Reload animation cancel (reloads in half the time AND on the run), one button QS (as if that mechanic isn't OP enough), aim-bots (for cowards, bottom line) and shit that mess with game mechanics is modding.  

If the rationale that a Scuf is a modded controller were to be true, then every single piece of equipment ever used by a competitive person or team in the last 50 years are all modded additions.

A Scuf controller features activation buttons on the bottom of the controller, that are no different from the buttons on the top, and they offer trigger stops to take up the loose creep of the stock OEM triggers.

That's not modded, that's an evolutionary improvement based on use.  If MSFT had built the thing that way, it would be accepted by all as it doesn't mess with the game mechanics. The buttons add no super powers.  You don't jump any higher or knife with any more accuracy.  The triggers travel a shorter distance, but don't add damage or round count to the bullets being fired.  

A pair of Jordans isn't going to make you jump any higher than an old pair of Chuck Taylor canvas Cons, but from a health and well being perspective the Jordans are built with new tech.  That doesn't make them a modded component to the game.

Reload animation cancel (reloads in half the time AND on the run), one button QS (as if that mechanic isn't OP enough), aim-bots (for cowards, bottom line) and shit that mess with game mechanics is modding.  

If the rationale that a Scuf is a modded controller were to be true, then every single piece of equipment ever used by a competitive person or team in the last 50 years are all modded additions.

Is it a stock controller? No it's not. It was modified. 

Scuf/cinch is a modded controller.  I own a Cinch controller.  Just because it doesn't have anti-recoil, auto-sprint/dropshot, quick reload, etc. doesn't mean that the controller wasn't modified.  It was modded to make the buttons more accessible, but it's considered a legitimate modificiation by MLG.

Scuf/cinch is a modded controller.  I own a Cinch controller.  Just because it doesn't have anti-recoil, auto-sprint/dropshot, quick reload, etc. doesn't mean that the controller wasn't modified.  It was modded to make the buttons more accessible, but it's considered a legitimate modificiation by MLG.

This guy gets it.

I think the bottom line is that it has been changed ,modded if you like but without any cheating features which some may deam what a mod usualy is.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/modification

I would say it has been modified.

But who gives a **** either way haha.

This hit the nail on the head.  Scufs are modded but are not cheating.   Kontrol Freaks are a modification to OEM but are not cheating, just an improvement over the stock product.  Modded does not equal cheating in all cases.

while its nice to see that you guys found a consensus on your modded controllers i think we go way too off-topic here

lets get back to the actual discussion ;)

Iain i thought a bit more on your ping damphening and i think its way less niche than you might think

for esports it would be a big thing, for the casual gamer ofc too

overall it could be another unique selling-point feature for the R1 depending on how well it will work out

I build my own controllers, they have an X and O buttons on the bottom so I can dance like a queen whilst performing exo-movements and boost slamming pub noobs. I fail to see cheating aspect, just a smoother gaming experience like the Netduma.

overall it could be another unique selling-point feature for the R1 depending on how well it will work out

Pretty much this, being able to control the 'artificial delay' would be a huge plus 

Pretty much this, being able to control the 'artificial delay' would be a huge plus 

and something we will not do as it would alter game mechanics in a way that would be defined as cheating 

sorry guys 

also please stay on topic in threads 

and something we will not do as it would alter game mechanics in a way that would be defined as cheating 

sorry guys 

also please stay on topic in threads 

how would smoothing out your own ping be regarded as cheating? :/

say my base ping is 30 with a jitter of +/-3

with the ping damphening feature i could set my ping to constant 33, how is that cheating?

how would smoothing out your own ping be regarded as cheating? :/

say my base ping is 30 with a jitter of +/-3

with the ping damphening feature i could set my ping to constant 33, how is that cheating?

The moment you add any sort of artificial delay onto your connection you are by definition cheating in game and breaking the coc of the first party platforms.

It opens us into an area where the publishers and first party platforms would be well within their rights to ban the router. 

Archived