The Netduma starts to glitch when behind another router and slows down.

So I put my netduma behind another router because i get better hit detection with another router handling  the wan settings. however everything is still connected to the netduma. My Asus serves as a way of simply handling the wan IP. i have nothing connected to my asus. this has always worked fine till i updated and as of recently i have been getting insane ping readings game play doesnt change and if i do a speed test my numbers are good but my netduma still says my ping is around 900 - 1000. then my Netduma slows all the way down and begans to run exponentially slow. I have reset both routers and done the whole DMZ. I am a gaming wiz so i know a lot about my technology. however I think there is a problem with Netduma right now. if i reset the netduma its fine however it will start to get fake ping readings as it goes on. I say fake because ping test shows my ping is the exact same as before the duma started acting up, speeds also fine. if i connect the netduma by itself its fine however i am a second behind others. which is why i opted for this setup. The netduma even shows every opponent in my lobby as having a 900ms ping on peer ping. Know its not the connection or the other router as i have run a whole bunch of tests.

Just looking for some help. Thanks.

Theres a pic of my fake reading attached 

post-4391-0-41420300-1455399773_thumb.png

thanks for the response but yes the netduma runs fine when connected directly to the modem, this only happens when it  is behind another router. my speedtests, pingtests, etc are fine. bluffferbloat is even fine. the duma just reports 900-1000 ms ping while i still have 4 bars in every lobby lol

make sure you disable nat acceleration and upnp on the asus. also are you updated to the latest firmware on the asus router?  If not then update to the latest firmware and make sure that you do a factory reset on the asus after the update. I always do a factory reset on my duma and my asus rt-ac87r after  upgrading firmware.  My duma is also in the dmz of my asus as this yeilds the best results for me

I recently connected my Netduma to my ASUS router to offload PPPoE duties. Initially I connected the Asus to the Netduma via one of the 4 LAN ports and not the WAN port. This worked but I had crazy pings. I then reconnected the Asus via the WAN port on the Netduma and I've has some of the best COD games ever since. Well all apart from Monday night when the COD servers seemed to be struggling. All my friends were affected by the same issue so not pointing a finger at the Netduma. My son is a top 500 player who never drops below a 2.0 k/d and even he was struggling that night with a run of sub 2.0 k/d/s. 

• Administrators

I am responding to tell you all I believe i have a fix. Tell the users experiencing a faulty ping graph to just do a factory reset. After my  factory reset the duma has been fine

Thanks Fraser 

Great to hear that, thanks for posting back with a fix. I'll close the thread now as this is resolved.

I recently connected my Netduma to my ASUS router to offload PPPoE duties. Initially I connected the Asus to the Netduma via one of the 4 LAN ports and not the WAN port. This worked but I had crazy pings. I then reconnected the Asus via the WAN port on the Netduma and I've has some of the best COD games ever since. Well all apart from Monday night when the COD servers seemed to be struggling. All my friends were affected by the same issue so not pointing a finger at the Netduma. My son is a top 500 player who never drops below a 2.0 k/d and even he was struggling that night with a run of sub 2.0 k/d/s. 

Glad you're happily gaming! Good to see it's not a direct problem with us too :)

Archived