Netduma upgrade (v 1.03.6j - Original Firmware)

DEAR @NETDUMA , Netduma fraser stated in the first post if our router version is older than 1.03.5 then we are to respond here. my router version says it version 1.03.3 and I figured its time for the upgrade. All my settings are according to what your post has stated for me to do so whenever I can start the upgrade would be great to know ASAP. Hope to hear back from you soon, have been a NETDUMA user for awhile now and have not had any issues except my Xbox One occasionally sets me on a strict or moderate NAT type and I don't know what else to do other than just hard restart everything, which does Open the NAT type temporarily. My household does actively use the wireless internet which might be a part of why my NAT type on the Xbox One, specifically BO3, will become strict. also I have recently been receiving a warning message that my NETDUMA is connected to a modem and that I need to change my ISP's modem settings to DZN or something along those lines, which I am not sure what that means. Love the product and hope we can work the issues out soon. Much Love and Support!!! :D

• Netduma Staff

I'm still currently on the same version. I feel like I'm missing something. You say I'm good to go, but I just want to be sure so I don't crash the router

Fraser said in his post you can upgrade. So if you're sure your router hasn't rebooted since then, then you should be find to upgrade.

• Administrators

Fraser, we already had that conversation.....

yes it was in DMZ

not anymore

ports are still open tcp 1024-60000

and you said i should pm you my ip address but the message is not read...

im realy frustrated?

now erverything from the start? really??

contact me with PM

im really pissed !!!!!!!!!

We tried the most recent IP we have but that did not work. Can you please post in the request 1 on 1 section so we can try and get you upgraded.

Requesting an upgrade from 1.03.3.

Also if you could release a guide to let power users do their upgrades alone (with the same restriction about failed upgrades) it would be smashing, it sounds like you're wiping the flash or updating something like the bootloader to support the new version and that's something anyone with some computing knowledge can do. It would save you a lot of time and frustration if such users could try their hand at upgrading.

I know I would, even if the risk is to have to send back the router and pay postage fees. It wouldn't be my first router upgrade.

We could not access your router. Please ensure the R1 is in the DMZ of your ISP hub and that remote support is definitely ticked in misc settings. 

Once this is done it will no longer be needed for us to check routers, everyone will be able to upgrade normally after .6.

i have remote access ticked and i want the newest version

We could not access your router. Please ensure the R1 is in the DMZ of your ISP hub and that remote support is definitely ticked in misc settings.

I have version lower than 1.03.5 and would like to upgrade.

You're good to go. Please do not reboot before upgrading.

I have added port forwarding from my modem to the duma on 1024 to 60000 TCP as instructed. 

We could not access your router. Please post in the request 1 on 1 section so we can try and get you upgraded.

thanks guys im goog, u netduma guys are great

Not sure if you upgraded or not but you're good to go. Please do not reboot before upgrading.

i want to upgrade to the newest version 

I am on R1 debug version 1.03.5m running on rb-951g-2hnd, I want to upgrade. Is this possible? Thnx in advance!

Please read the thread carefully, you can already upgrade. 

I would like to upgrade, currently on R1 debug version 1.03.4 running on rb-951g-2hnd .

Thank you.

i need to update to .6 from .4 please admins or someone help me please?

I'm still currently on the same version. I feel like I'm missing something. You say I'm good to go, but I just want to be sure so I don't crash the router

If I said you're good to go then go ahead and upgrade. If it has rebooted since then please don't and comment back here.

Will this update ever be available through normal means?

Im getting sick of Make a change wait a week make a change wait a week.  Destiny connection is the shittiest its ever been, with or with out the DUMA plugged in.  Currently not feeling the love 

In order to ensure you don't brick your router we need to check it. After .6 people can upgrade normally.

ri in isp dmz and remote ready

We could not access your router. Please take the R1 out of the DMZ of your ISP hub and port forward 1024-60,000 TCP to the R1 and ensure that remote support is definitely ticked in misc settings.

Im on version 1.03.3 help!

i'm running .4 looking to upgrade to .6 my allow support settings are ticket and i want to upgrade

I am on a older version then 1.03.5. Could someone help?

Im still on the old version 1.03.3 and want to upgreade. I allowed remote access

On version 1.03.3 and want to upgrade. Allowed remote access. Thanks much.

I should be good to go for the update. some how my router was un plugged. im on 1.0.3.3.

I have support ticked.

I am running .4 looking to upgrade to .6 my allow support settings are ticked and I want to upgrade.  Thanks!

Have support setting ticked and want to upgrade

DEAR @NETDUMA , Netduma fraser stated in the first post if our router version is older than 1.03.5 then we are to respond here. my router version says it version 1.03.3 and I figured its time for the upgrade. All my settings are according to what your post has stated for me to do so whenever I can start the upgrade would be great to know ASAP. Hope to hear back from you soon, have been a NETDUMA user for awhile now and have not had any issues except my Xbox One occasionally sets me on a strict or moderate NAT type and I don't know what else to do other than just hard restart everything, which does Open the NAT type temporarily. My household does actively use the wireless internet which might be a part of why my NAT type on the Xbox One, specifically BO3, will become strict. also I have recently been receiving a warning message that my NETDUMA is connected to a modem and that I need to change my ISP's modem settings to DZN or something along those lines, which I am not sure what that means. Love the product and hope we can work the issues out soon. Much Love and Support!!! :D

NAT - http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_open_my_natthis will explain DMZ also.

I assume you're referring to the box on the device manager, that is not a warning message. Don't need to worry about it. 

Here's to hoping this week will be upgrade week :D

Could you please advise on how to do this?

Please see http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_open_my_natwhich mentions at the top about DMZ.

Okay this is starting to be really maddening. I know the router is in the DMZ because the web interface is accessible from the outside world and I wiped the NAT tables in my ISP's router. To be absolutely, certainly, perfectly sure I turned off remote access, rebooted, turned it on and rebooted again. It is enabled, unless the web interface is a liar (silly web interface).

I don't know how you find my IP, but I've been posting with several different IPs (from work, using my phone's 4G, from work's WiFi) and even then my home IP is dynamic so perhaps you got the wrong one. I have a DNS that may work better, may I PM you with it?

• Administrators

Okay this is starting to be really maddening. I know the router is in the DMZ because the web interface is accessible from the outside world and I wiped the NAT tables in my ISP's router. To be absolutely, certainly, perfectly sure I turned off remote access, rebooted, turned it on and rebooted again. It is enabled, unless the web interface is a liar (silly web interface).

I don't know how you find my IP, but I've been posting with several different IPs (from work, using my phone's 4G, from work's WiFi) and even then my home IP is dynamic so perhaps you got the wrong one. I have a DNS that may work better, may I PM you with it?

We've managed to access it! You're good to go. Please do not reboot before upgrading.

I would like the upgrade. Running: R1 debug version 1.03.3 running on rb-951g-2hnd .

removed from isp dmz and port forwarded 1024-60000 to duma   try try again  :)

oh kak, I've rebooted since the ok to upgrade post. I didn't see it. do I have to apply again?  :unsure:

Check again just in case. You're good to go. Please do not reboot before upgrading.

I posted earlier and you responded I was good but I did not update yet and I think power has been cycled on my router.  Do you need to prepare my router for upgrade again.  Thanks, Jeff

jfolmer, on 20 Feb 2016 - 04:01 AM, said:

I have remote support ticked and I want to upgrade   :). I am showing I am running 1.03.4.

• Administrators

Upgrade failed: Failed to upgraUpgrade failed: Failed to upgrade, pleast contact Netduma. with exitcode undefined  de, pleast contact Netduma. with exitcode undefined

Please try again, you should be able to upgrade. We've checked again.

I have made changes isp router settings. hopefully you are able to access now.

We could not access your router. Disable any UPnP/forwarding on your hub other please take the R1 out of the DMZ in your hub and port forward 1024-60,000 TCP to the R1 and ensure remote support is ticked.

i to am on r1 debug version 1.03.3 running on rb-951-2hnd can i update?