Netduma upgrade (v 1.03.6j - Original Firmware)

• Administrators

I posted earlier and you responded I was good but I did not update yet and I think power has been cycled on my router.  Do you need to prepare my router for upgrade again.  Thanks, Jeff

We just checked again and it failed. Can you make sure R1 in DMZ, remote support enabled. Would be best to check it again yes.

Hi

I had my 1-1 with Fraser.  You said when I woke up it would be good to go..... But I am scared to perform the upgrade with out a nod of approval first.  Just incase something didnt happen over night as there has been no notification any thing changed and the router version is still the same.

Please advise. 

• Administrators

Hi I would like to upgrade but have v 1.03.4

We could not access your router. Please ensure the R1 is in the DMZ of your ISP hub and remote access is ticked in settings > miscellaneous. 

Hi

I had my 1-1 with Fraser.  You said when I woke up it would be good to go..... But I am scared to perform the upgrade with out a nod of approval first.  Just incase something didnt happen over night as there has been no notification any thing changed and the router version is still the same.

Please advise. 

Yes you're good to go. I posted in the 1 on 1 thread that you're good to go ahead and upgrade. Download the file and manually upgrade following instructions in the first post.

I am currently on 1.03.2 on rb-951g-2hnd and would like to upgrade to .6 please!

We could not access your router. Please ensure the R1 is in the DMZ of your ISP hub and remote access is ticked in settings > miscellaneous.

sorry Fraser the update failed again.  we have been getting an ice storm the last couple days, the power has almost went out a couple times could that be causing this?

Maybe but we checked and you should be fine to upgrade. Unplug the router for 5 minutes and then plug in and try upgrading :)

same message  :unsure:  i am wired connection from my computer(where the file is saved to my desktop) to r1.  do I need to have the 1.03.6 file on a thumb drive and use the usb connection on the router or something.  i assume not since its not in your directions but am a bit confused as to what is going wrong.  not sure what I could be doing wrong going to update click adv, both things are checked then choose correct file and upgrade fails.

sorry for the inconvenience im causing you.

Yes you're good to go. I posted in the 1 on 1 thread that you're good to go ahead and upgrade. Download the file and manually upgrade following instructions in the first post.

Maybe but we checked and you should be fine to upgrade. Unplug the router for 5 minutes and then plug in and try upgrading :)

Ok..I think i fixed it. Thanks for your help!

My version is 1.03.3 and i have the support options ticked. I believe thats all i haveto do on my end if im not mistaken. Also been haveing issues with my NAT Type in Black ops 3; i occasionally haveto hard restart my ISP's modem, the NETDUMA and my xbox one, hopeing this issue is bc i have not upgraded yet. Thanks for the awesome product and for the support! #DUMAarmy

We just checked again and it failed. Can you make sure R1 in DMZ, remote support enabled. Would be best to check it again yes.

Yes, DMZ and remote enabled.  The last message was posted from my work computer on a different network.  

Also been only connecting to dedicated servers the last week with tons of lag even with small geo fiter range.  Not fun!

Thanks for the support.

I'm running a version older then 1.03.5

My current version is 1.03.3

I have remote tech  support ticked on.

Thanks!

P.S.: Maybe a stupid question, but how will you contact me? I'm guessing PM here or mail? Just so I know what to look out for ;)

We could not access your router. Disable any UPnP/forwarding on your hub other please take the R1 out of the DMZ in your hub and port forward 1024-60,000 TCP to the R1 and ensure remote support is ticked.

I have made these changes

• Administrators

same message  :unsure:  i am wired connection from my computer(where the file is saved to my desktop) to r1.  do I need to have the 1.03.6 file on a thumb drive and use the usb connection on the router or something.  i assume not since its not in your directions but am a bit confused as to what is going wrong.  not sure what I could be doing wrong going to update click adv, both things are checked then choose correct file and upgrade fails.

sorry for the inconvenience im causing you.

No you don't use a USB. Can you ensure the upgrade file you're using is R1-v-1-03-6g.sig and not anything else please.

I'm running R1 debug version 1.03.4 running on rb-951g-2hnd . what do i need to do to upgrade

We could not access your router. Please ensure the R1 is in the DMZ of your ISP hub and that remote support is definitely ticked in misc settings.

My version is 1.03.3 and i have the support options ticked. I believe thats all i haveto do on my end if im not mistaken. Also been haveing issues with my NAT Type in Black ops 3; i occasionally haveto hard restart my ISP's modem, the NETDUMA and my xbox one, hopeing this issue is bc i have not upgraded yet. Thanks for the awesome product and for the support! #DUMAarmy

We could not access your router. Please ensure the R1 is in the DMZ of your ISP hub (follow http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_open_my_nat)and that remote support is definitely ticked in misc settings. Can you PM your IP as well please.

Yes, DMZ and remote enabled.  The last message was posted from my work computer on a different network.  

Also been only connecting to dedicated servers the last week with tons of lag even with small geo fiter range.  Not fun!

Thanks for the support.

You're good to go. Please do not reboot before upgrading.

I'm running a version older then 1.03.5

My current version is 1.03.3

I have remote tech  support ticked on.

Thanks!

P.S.: Maybe a stupid question, but how will you contact me? I'm guessing PM here or mail? Just so I know what to look out for ;)

I have made these changes

Mr. Fraser, can you pls try again. I have been waiting since nearly a month now. Your easrly reply will be highly appreciated.

We could not access your router. I think your IP keeps changing. Can you PM me tomorrow at 3pm GMT with your current IP and we can try again before it changes. 

sorry Fraser, been away for a long weekend.

I have checked my settings and the Netduma is in my netgear DMZ and remote assist is ticked?

We could not access your router. Your IP may be changing frequently. Can you PM me tomorrow at 3pm GMT with your current IP and we can try again before it changes.

i want to upgrade router but i have 1.03.4 help please