Netduma upgrade (v 1.03.6j - Original Firmware)

• Administrators

where do i find the IP for tomorrow?

available now if needed?

getting a little disappointed this is taking so long :(

Please see PM :)

yes i do have the correct file 

Post in the request 1 on 1 section please after reading the pinned thread.

I need support to upgrade to newest version

We couldn't access your router, please ensure the R1 is in the DMZ of your ISP hub and remote support is ticked in settings > miscellaneous.

I have firmware 1.03.3

I have remote access ticked and I'm ready to upgrade

You're good to go. Please do not reboot the router before upgrading.

What's wrong with the "new Update"?

Not quite sure what you mean. This is the thread to make sure you can upgrade to .6 safely.

Hello Netduma,

is there a way for you to check if my netduma works ok after the upgrade? I have made a mistake upgrading to 1.03.6 from 1.03.5 (did not pay to much attention i guess...). I can see the router has now different firmware but most of the functions either don't work or fail to complete (e.g. when router offers to do auto update of the network bandwidth it only comes back with one word "warning"). In addition I ALWAYS get higher download and upload speed when i test my PS4 connection bypassing netduma and directly to my BT hub. 25-30 down through netduma, 50 down bypass. 

Would you suggest downgrading back to 1.03.5?

One additional question i have is since i received my netduma whenever i plug power cable pin to the router there are few sparks come out of the power connection in netduma (bad grounding?) is it normal?

Thank you very much, hope you can help me with this great product to fully enjoy it

Not sure why you guys couldn't access my router, I'm on ADSL and only have my NetDuma hooked up to a modem router in pure bridging mode so there shouldn't be any firewall issues. Can I give you my IP address to make sure you have it right?

Also, this would be a lot easier if you guys just posted a guide so we can do whatever you are doing ourselves.

I don't understand your last reply.  (Post in the request 1 on 1 section please after reading the pinned thread.) I'v followed the instructions exactly on the 1st page.  i'v upgraded other routers firmware and then had to revert back to the previous firmware because of issues, and that process can be a bit tricky so I don't think I'm failing to do this correctly. your instructions are specific and easy to follow on page 1.  not sure what I could be doing wrong

Hi i have a netduma router currently running on 1.03.3 and i would like to upgrade to your latest firmware which is 1.03.6 and i noticed that it said if u have a  firmware lower then .5 do not upgrade yet but first speak to a netduma rep so they can change the settings in order to upgrade safely without damaging the router. so can anyone help me please???

• Administrators

I'm currently running 1.03.3. Would you be able to update to the most recent? I've enabled remote access. Cheers, Will.

You're good to go. Please do not reboot before upgrading.

Hi im on on an older version than 1.03.5 and i would like to upgrade im on 1.03.4 and i would like to upgrade to the newest firmware and i have DMZ with netduma and i have remote ticked.

Hello Netduma,

is there a way for you to check if my netduma works ok after the upgrade? I have made a mistake upgrading to 1.03.6 from 1.03.5 (did not pay to much attention i guess...). I can see the router has now different firmware but most of the functions either don't work or fail to complete (e.g. when router offers to do auto update of the network bandwidth it only comes back with one word "warning"). In addition I ALWAYS get higher download and upload speed when i test my PS4 connection bypassing netduma and directly to my BT hub. 25-30 down through netduma, 50 down bypass. 

Would you suggest downgrading back to 1.03.5?

One additional question i have is since i received my netduma whenever i plug power cable pin to the router there are few sparks come out of the power connection in netduma (bad grounding?) is it normal?

Thank you very much, hope you can help me with this great product to fully enjoy it

That warning is fine, nothing to worry about.

Console speed tests can be quite inaccurate so I wouldn't worry too much. You don't need much for gaming anyway. 

No need to downgrade. I believe that can happen if you touch one of the sides rather than putting it in straight. I've done it before on my own router and hasn't caused any adverse affects.

I'm at 1.03.4 and would like to upgrade. Box is ticked.

Not sure why you guys couldn't access my router, I'm on ADSL and only have my NetDuma hooked up to a modem router in pure bridging mode so there shouldn't be any firewall issues. Can I give you my IP address to make sure you have it right?

Also, this would be a lot easier if you guys just posted a guide so we can do whatever you are doing ourselves.

I don't understand your last reply.  (Post in the request 1 on 1 section please after reading the pinned thread.) I'v followed the instructions exactly on the 1st page.  i'v upgraded other routers firmware and then had to revert back to the previous firmware because of issues, and that process can be a bit tricky so I don't think I'm failing to do this correctly. your instructions are specific and easy to follow on page 1.  not sure what I could be doing wrong

I meant read the pinned thread in the request section so you could post a 1 on 1 request correctly :)

Hi I'm on version than 1.03.4 and the Netduma is in the DMZ and Remote support is ticked!.

We could not access your router. Please ensure those options have both been done. If they have remove the R1 from the DMZ and port forward 1024-60,000 TCP to the R1.

hi i am wanting to update but am on version 1.03.3

We could not access your router. Please ensure the R1 is in the DMZ of your ISP hub and that remote support is ticked in miscellaneous settings.

Hi i have a netduma router currently running on 1.03.3 and i would like to upgrade to your latest firmware which is 1.03.6 and i noticed that it said if u have a  firmware lower then .5 do not upgrade yet but first speak to a netduma rep so they can change the settings in order to upgrade safely without damaging the router. so can anyone help me please???

Currently on version 1.03.3 but not having any major issues, do i need to upgrade to the newest version?  Contacting you first before upgrading, and i believe i am ready to upgrade once you give me the all clear??  THANKS!

Hi, I posted earlier for a 1.03.4 upgrade, and you said I was good to go, but don't reboot. Since then, my house lost power, rebooting all my devices. Can you work your magic again?