BO3 - Is this game busted?

I have read with great interest people's posts on settings, ping plotters, etc etc etc.

Before every game session, I go onto DSL speed test and get my BB and Quality to A+.

I usually then check the Internet Diagnostics and it's normally Good Good Good no packet loss,

Then I check the ping via 8.8.8.8' again usually around 17-20 ms

I start the game and it's usually ok ish but goes downhill rapidly as far as ping is concerned, so after doing ALL the above it's still a lottery as to how the game plays.

So is the game busted? :)

I believe that it is currently busted. It's not only a lottery between games/matches, it's also a fricken lottery during a match! It's like a switch flips and your guy moves slower and bullets do not register. It's almost like something in the net code senses that you're doing well and adjusts to slow you down, I SWEAR!!! It really sucks. I enjoyed this game immensely the first 2 weeks I had it and ever since, it's been a nightmare battle. I've bought new equipment, including this NetDuma and it still hasn't helped one bit. In fact, my gameplay is worse!!! Don't know and almost don't care anymore.

I believe this game chooses who will have the good connection and who will lag. They should just let you purchase connection advantage in the black market thing. I was playing in a full party the other night and every single match there was one of us saying I can't kill anyone no matter what I do. It changed person every match. Game is busted!

I believe that it is currently busted. It's not only a lottery between games/matches, it's also a fricken lottery during a match! It's like a switch flips and your guy moves slower and bullets do not register. It's almost like something in the net code senses that you're doing well and adjusts to slow you down, I SWEAR!!! It really sucks. I enjoyed this game immensely the first 2 weeks I had it and ever since, it's been a nightmare battle. I've bought new equipment, including this NetDuma and it still hasn't helped one bit. In fact, my gameplay is worse!!! Don't know and almost don't care anymore.

Lol yeah! I have had that experience so many times :) I start off like express train and then end up like a goods train hauling tons and tons of coal. ( daft analogy I know) :)

I'm sorry to hear the problems some people have with BO3. For me the game plays very good on the PS4. I have an average ping of 11ms to 8.8.8.8, my bandwidth is 200/20, set my geofilter to around 775km with its home location in the Northsea (trying to block southern Europe). I adjusted my congestion control sliders to get an A+ grade for bufferbloat.

I don't feel the game is punishing me for having a good connection, like some people are experiencing.

I assumed this was BO3 after reading, so I edited the title just for clarity.  ;)

Some of the #Canaries were talking about this over the weekend as well.  The game played pretty well for me on XB1 on Friday night.  The new Hyper lane helps as do some profiles to quickly change game settings to help you find a "better" game.  I think this new update will make a difference for most players that aren't using hardcore tactics like locking down the entire house and providing 100% of the traffic to the console.  It won't make you a God, but it will help.

Saturday they did that fucking patch for half off purchased Crypto Key bullshit and my fun went in the shitter from that point forward.  No matter what I tried, I'd get half a good game, or even a complete game with decent score and HD, only to get hit with the Timmy No Thumb Possession of my gaming spirit the next.

I finally gave up about 2:00 PM and just went back to playing BO2 on the XB360.  Yes, the new update will make a huge difference in that past model.  I think my average K/D for yesterday was around 3.5 in a player pool of about 65,000.....LOL

the guys i play with have all noticed that when we go in mob handed theres always one of us that gets shafted we also have problems finding matches and when we do at least one of us gets kicked for no reason.

wether this cause that when we play well and run round being sweaty scrubs we can all be capable of 20+ kills at least one guy has got 30+ kills in core tdm many times so wether the sbmm (if its there as iv heard they used it then binned it and went back to connection ...............shrugs......... im not sure on this) is looking at us lot and going no way you lot are getting a free run the game will be over in 4 mins lol.

we have also noticed that a few days before some thing like a dbl xp/cryptokey/weapon xp event comes in the game turns to crap and this seems to extend right through and a few days after.

also when theres a major patch the same happens we reckon from a major update (not the hot fixes) it takes at least 48 hrs to bed in and to spread out through the game so the game balances out again the hot fixes are maybe 12/24 hours.

these are just a few things we have noticed i would be interested to know if other players think the same or have noticed the same things.

BO3 definitely has it set of issues.  The engine seems to provide higher priority on higher pings than previous COD games.  The servers cannot handle people going in and out of the games very well without causing all the players severe lag.  The match making definitely needs some work. I am not referring to SBMM.  I am referring to the fact that it put players (not in parties) from all over the world (or with very high pings) into games with most players having much lower pings.

What happens if you disable aim assist? 

I live in Oklahoma and I connect to the Kansas server (131 miles) and it feels like I'm fighting my controller. That's how I know I'm on the ass end of lag comp because I'm fighting the aim assist!

Interesting thought.  I assume this was in relation to feeling like you were fighting the controller to get on target because the Aim Assist couldn't choose one target for you?  Would make for an interesting series of tests, though I suspect it would be INCREDIBLY frustrating in a game as quick as this one.

The initial reaction would be, "I would get destroyed".  I tried disabling it for about a week in BO2 and I feel it helped my overall accuracy with centering, but I don't think I ever went positive...LOL  When I turned it back on I was a god for about one night's of games as I was taking all the effort to center everything before hitting that R2.

Interesting thought.  I assume this was in relation to feeling like you were fighting the controller to get on target because the Aim Assist couldn't choose one target for you?  Would make for an interesting series of tests, though I suspect it would be INCREDIBLY frustrating in a game as quick as this one.

The initial reaction would be, "I would get destroyed".  I tried disabling it for about a week in BO2 and I feel it helped my overall accuracy with centering, but I don't think I ever went positive...LOL  When I turned it back on I was a god for about one night's of games as I was taking all the effort to center everything before hitting that R2.

During the BO3 beta, I had a house full that was playing on my account so we did not have to level up different accounts and the stats were going to be reset after the beta; therefore, we would constantly adjust settings for different players   I play with look inversion enabled.   Starting late Saturday night and Sunday, we were all doing badly.  We were struggling to go positive when before we were running a k/d of 1.5 to 2 depending on who was playing.   Late Sunday, I was adjusting settings for myself and noticed that the aim assist was accidentally turned off.   Turned it back on and we were back to 2+ k/d in games after that.  

I find the game plays pretty well for the most part when I game solo, However, when I party up with friends from the UK (where I live) or from overseas the game goes to a complete lottery. Like flicking a switch.

During the BO3 beta, I had a house full that was playing on my account so we did not have to level up different accounts and the stats were going to be reset after the beta; therefore, we would constantly adjust settings for different players   I play with look inversion enabled.   Starting late Saturday night and Sunday, we were all doing badly.  We were struggling to go positive when before we were running a k/d of 1.5 to 2 depending on who was playing.   Late Sunday, I was adjusting settings for myself and noticed that the aim assist was accidentally turned off.   Turned it back on and we were back to 2+ k/d in games after that.  

I actually got the idea from a Fick Moley video back in BO2.  He was saying that he turned it off until he got good at Quickscoping with just his controller.  I think he was playing with a Scuf at the time like the rest of us.

I think I got 3 kills the first time I did it in a complete game and "It's just a test" became my mantra....LOL

Hey guys, new Net-Duma user here. I've had it for a week now. (Indiana/USA/Comcast)

I got it solely for xbox1 black-ops 3. My first night (last Wednesday) with the Net-Duma I was having a blast. Something has changed though and currently after this past weekend and now were on 43.15.51.5 the game is unplayable for me as well.  Still no tweet/word about what this latest hot-fix has done.... Anyway yeah, its broken for me right now. I'm enjoying the Net-Duma though and have it pretty much figured out. Nothing is helping though, and I'm not blaming the router, its the game/ xbox-live.

What I found horrifying is my tracert in black-ops 3. To connect to the Kansas server almost exclusively, when there is one in Chicago so close to me, that I've never got connected to no matter what I do.... and to watch my trace go to the east coast, then back past me to the west to Kansas, then onto Seattle, then back to either the east coast or the KS again.... That can't be good for my ping, which appears to be ok... but surely it is hurting me.   IDK, its confusing what is going on. Do I blame my ISP the infrastructure, Microsoft/xboxlive... or all of thee above...   baffling.

Every time we get an update, and even a simple hot-fix it seems to change my online experience. First week the game was perfect, and it's been hit and miss since then though. Right now its a miss... waiting on the next lil update and try again. HC or Core don't matter either. Usually if core is broke I can go HC and do really well... Can't even break even there now.

Anyway, I will stay tuned and pay attention. Awesome router and community from what I've seen so far.

I've also been paying attention to the Trace feature. It traces all over the place! From my experience so far, I absolutely DO NOT want to connect to the server in Kansas. I'm in Minnesota, and one would think that would be better than Jersey or Seattle. Well, not for me!! The best absolute awesome experience I had so far, was when I was connected to someone out east (possibly Jersey, New York) and he was connected to the server in Seattle. It was absolutely awesome, and I have absolutely no clue why. Ever since, I've been trying to replicate that experience with no such luck. The game, connections involved, and net code is an absolute mystery. 

As far as I am aware, "at the moment" ignore the trace thing. it ain't that accurate and it's gonna play with ya heed.

I have found the congestion control settings are the most use.

I start at 70-70 then adjust from there for a couple of games and then just ignore it for the rest of the session.

Some nights, contrary to my absolute belief and abuse suffered, throttling your upload does make a difference and I will hold my hand up and admit it. Other nights I am bang on the money and it makes fuck all difference.

Seriously, online gaming has so many variables if you try tweeking your game settings after every game you are gonna be a fruitcake (of which I have seen on ere a few times) in no time at all.

Set shit up and play 5 -10 games. If its shit on every one then make an adjustment.

Changing your settings every games is simply going to piss you off as can be seen by the amount of people throwing dummies on a regular basis.

Just my view you understand which I am sure is not the same as many. :) Have a nice day.

Well I just had an hour of some descent games as I was connected on the east coast that I am guessing around the DC area. I just backed out and see we have another update, now were on 43.15.52.5. Gonna call it a night and try tomorrow on this latest version.... Shit's getting old.....  Multiple hot-fixes per week. Seems they only care about people farming crypto-keys more than anything else...

...and oh yeah, it looks like they have removed the ability to G-Slide...  Just as I got an elite controller last week and have been getting good at them. Typical... life story....

Just my opinion but the game was busted before it ever came out,old engine fucked up coding and no plans for any changes in the future.

IMO they know how to make the game run smooth but they choose not to do it.The majority of people have sub par connections and play wireless and those people IMO are who the game favors.

It's like someone flicks a switch at half time (of DOM) if you had a good first half your gonna get asses the second half and if you had a shitty first half your gonna have a good second half.And this is what I've noticed not just over a few nights of gaming,more like a few months of gaming.It happens to often to be considered a coincidence or a fluke.

I do have ISP jitter issues but there are a lot here who don't who have the same issues.But as of late really been not having a good time playing BO3.Thinking about going back to PS3 and playing some older titles as they play a whole lot better which doesn't make any sense as my jitter issue doesn't seem to be an issue on older titles...figure that one out... :D

It's even worse if I disable aim assist, since I'm a second behind I shoot where they are and it doesn't register. I've tried shooting in front and behind the opponent and it just doesn't work for me. I can shoot someone who appears on my screen standing still and shoot them in the chest 8 times and it doesn't register, my gameplay is always jittery as well, not as smooth as it should be.

What servers do you normally connect?  Do you play with a party?  Do you have people leaving/entering the game?  Most of my games are playable but not great. Players leaving and entering the game cause huge lag issues.  Also, I notice that if more lower ping (3 bar or less) players are in the lobby, then the game will play much worse.  I play domination exclusively.  Often the first will play well and the 2nd half will play not as well (or vice versa).   

Archived