BO3 - Is this game busted?

What ISP MFr and model modem do you have?

What ISP speeds do you have UP and Down that you pay for? 

I presume when gaming that you are LAN cable wired to the R1? 

What is your speed set for on the R1?

What is your congestion control set for on the R1? 

Any one else accessing the internet while your gaming? Or are you the only one online? 

It's even worse if I disable aim assist, since I'm a second behind I shoot where they are and it doesn't register. I've tried shooting in front and behind the opponent and it just doesn't work for me. I can shoot someone who appears on my screen standing still and shoot them in the chest 8 times and it doesn't register, my gameplay is always jittery as well, not as smooth as it should be.

The trace route IS accurate because if you use Ping Plotter and Wireshark, where the trace route goes is where the nodes pop up on either program. The ping may be inaccurate, but the actual locations and how things are routed is fairly close.

The way MM works is you log on, search for a lobby, and your search is routed to the main MM servers (Seattle, Kansas, NYC, LA, etc.) depending on where you are. If you have a good connection, it will put you on one of those servers. The only way to stop this is to make sure the server(s) you DON'T want to play on are outside your GF.

Just my opinion but the game was busted before it ever came out,old engine fucked up coding and no plans for any changes in the future.

IMO they know how to make the game run smooth but they choose not to do it.The majority of people have sub par connections and play wireless and those people IMO are you the game favors.

It's like someone flicks a switch at half time (of DOM) if you had a good first half your gonna get asses the second half and if you had a shitty first half your gonna have a good second half.And this is what I've noticed not just over a few nights of gaming,more like a few months of gaming.It happens to often to be considered a coincidence or a fluke.

I do have ISP jitter issues but there are a lot here who don't who have the same issues.But as of late really been not having a good time playing BO3.Thinking about going back to PS3 and playing some older titles as they play a whole lot better which doesn't make any sense as my jitter issue doesn't seem to be an issue on older titles...figure that one out... :D

Fuzzy, your absolutly right. I have over 13 days played and usually always play Dom. There is definitely a 'second half swing' where the momentum changes after half time.

Been saying this a while now, play Dom all time. I play and hold back a lot in 2nd half of Dom, its ridiculous.

Baz

Here's my gripe...You have to try for obj (B) in DOM. I see way too many running the complete opposite direction every time at spawn (dumb players). The games I'm in seems to be all pretty much lopsided every game I do win way more than losing but when the loss comes its a big one.

Just my opinion but the game was busted before it ever came out,old engine fucked up coding and no plans for any changes in the future.

IMO they know how to make the game run smooth but they choose not to do it.The majority of people have sub par connections and play wireless and those people IMO are you the game favors.

It's like someone flicks a switch at half time (of DOM) if you had a good first half your gonna get asses the second half and if you had a shitty first half your gonna have a good second half.And this is what I've noticed not just over a few nights of gaming,more like a few months of gaming.It happens to often to be considered a coincidence or a fluke.

I do have ISP jitter issues but there are a lot here who don't who have the same issues.But as of late really been not having a good time playing BO3.Thinking about going back to PS3 and playing some older titles as they play a whole lot better which doesn't make any sense as my jitter issue doesn't seem to be an issue on older titles...figure that one out... :D

This absolutely true.

I play only FFA and if i'm destroying the lobby, the game turns up the Lag Comp when I get 15 kills (halfway point), then I die in every gun battle til someone gets up to 10 kills, then the Lag Comp is turned back down. 

I see it in every FFA match I'm dominating. 

Once I got my router all configured and utilized geo filter and ping assist I have a good game like 95/100 times but what it boils down to for a lot of people is if you're in range of a good dedicated server. (less than 600 miles) then you should have quality games hosted by that server consistently.

This absolutely true.

I play only FFA and if i'm destroying the lobby, the game turns up the Lag Comp when I get 15 kills (halfway point), then I die in every gun battle til someone gets up to 10 kills, then the Lag Comp is turned back down. 

I see it in every FFA match I'm dominating. 

I can't prove it but I've noticed the same thing. Ive sworn up and down before the game has adjusted my connection when I start out too good. It's just like part way through the game oh sweet now my gun isn't working.

But on the flip side I've had just as many games where I've destroyed the entire time with 1 bursts all game long.

What ISP MFr and model modem do you have?

What ISP speeds do you have UP and Down that you pay for? 

I presume when gaming that you are LAN cable wired to the R1? 

What is your speed set for on the R1?

What is your congestion control set for on the R1? 

Any one else accessing the internet while your gaming? Or are you the only one online? 

Cox Cable

100 down 10 up

Wired to R1

speed is set for 100 down 10 up

Congestion Control is set to 70 both sliders

Yes, about five devices at any given time

When I do the buffer bloat test on DSL reports , no matter where I have the sliders the download bloat meter goes all the way in the red about three times, but the upload is always good.

Hey Sindo,long time no see...honestly I don't know if there's more than a few people that are getting smooth consistent gameplay on BO3 right now and I don't think it matters what console your on.

But again this is just my experience and opinion.

Vance, you have the sliders set for your needs however if your trying to get High grades for BB and Quality on dslreports,com you have to raise the sliders more and test with dslreports to find optimal testing grades there. Since I'm the only one gaming at night, I guess the congestion controls can be raised for me. Mine are at 99% for both UP and Down. I get A+ for BB and Quality and C for Speed which I don't know the reasoning since I'm getting near my 100 down and 3 up when the test runs. Doesn't seem to matter as after my evening speed testing last nite before dinner and coming back to play BO3 on XB1, gaming was good as we seem to get good lobbies and had a good time. Only one lobby seem to dominate and we didn't do well. After find a new lobby, gaming continued to be good and as everyone was doing well. I managed to disable my Geo-Filter and after trying to figure out how to add my friends to the allow green box, and get that all figured out, then re-enabling GF, Gaming seemed solid and fair as I did die on occasion think that I should have lived however figured it was weapon vs weapon and just my reaction time was against me. Overall the entire 2+ hours was enjoyable.

So if you have users online while gaming then you'll need to adjust for your congestion needs vs trying to get A+ grades on dsl reports. If you can play around with the sliders and get the grades as high as possible with out causing impact problems for your additional non gaming clients, then I believe that will be a good place to start. If your the only one gaming with no body else, then go for the A+ grades.

Cox Cable

100 down 10 up

Wired to R1

speed is set for 100 down 10 up

Congestion Control is set to 70 both sliders

Yes, about five devices at any given time

When I do the buffer bloat test on DSL reports , no matter where I have the sliders the download bloat meter goes all the way in the red about three times, but the upload is always good.

For some reason I believe if we had a choice of all the players in the lobby having a true 4 bar or just similar pings. Keep the ping deviation to the upmost minimum I believe it would be much smoother. They give us those damn 4 bars which tell us basically nothing. Ask yourself why don't they let us see the ping of other players. The R1 is giving a wonderful connection to the host but that is only one out of 11 players ( not including myself). It's those other pings that are screwing us and our connection. Just saying.......

I will kind of repeat myself, as it's still happening. I live in Indiana and I have never connected to the Chicago server. I can see it when I first fire up the game, but then it fades and I've never gotten into it. I'm pinging the Kansas server at around 50ms so when I use ping assist I get that one consistently. My trace always runs to Jersey, then Kansas, then Seattle.. No matter what I'm doing usually.  I can use different mac-addresses and get a different IP from Comcast and by that get different Geo locations. That doesn't seem to do anything or matter at all....   I use both ip4 and ipv6, doesn't matter on those either. I've got a good grasp on the Net-Duma router, done and tried all the tricks.  I even got a VPN last night to try out, and it sucks pretty bad.... So just gonna use it for this month to tinker around, not for me though. Thought maybe I'd get lucky and get some funky lag-comp swinging my way... nope. 

I guess my main concern is why these chicago server(s)? do not exist for me....   Anybody else able to get into them, seen them lately...?  All game modes etc... Nothing....

Are you on the PS network?  I haven't specifically checked the Illinois area on XB1, but I was able to connect to the NE and SW dedi banks in Illinois non stop when I was playing on the PS4 and gaming with Fuzzy Clam.

If you have ping assist higher than ZERO ('0'), then you risk not staying inside your Geo filtered range.  I always run my PA at zero and rarely have difficulty finding games and can't remember the last time I connected outside of my Geo Filter when it wasn't my own error.

Yes that bank of dedi's in Illinois is still up and running.

Just put your home location over the entire state of Illinois and sit and wait for a game,it should take all of 30 seconds if that.

Again this is on PS4,the first numbers of the dedi's a 4f6c,bank of at least 12

xbox 1-  I've tried everything and I can't get into Chicago no matter what. I can see it pop up when I first fire up the game and the servers pop-up... but then it fades and trying to camp on top of it doesn't bring it back or let alone ever got me in there...   This is frustrating and gonna drive me nuts. 

It's only for PlayStation. I believe initially all the servers for Xbox and PlayStation show up. Another example PlayStation has on in LA but Xbox does not. Also PlayStation has one in Atlanta but Xbox does not. You can try but no server in Chicago will show up for Xbox unless it is a p2p and these days only dedis are showing up.

I'd agree with Buck, it's probably a P2P host that you are seeing pop up and if the match making is putting them in a game on a dedi, you will never land them as a host.

One thing you might be able to do is open up the entire US and get your camera phone ready on video.  Boot up the game in matchmaking and take a video of anything that pops up (obviously have Dormant Hosts OFF for this).  From there you can cross reference the thread here and see if anyone from the #DumaArmy has played it and what their report was based on the experience.

Well that will put my mind at ease at least. I know when I first see it and click on it, it won't let me name/rate it so I assumed it was an Thunderheadhost server..  

Yeah, that'd be too logical to put a dedi in Chicago for bops3/xbox  :huh:

Thanks for the info. Gonna go suffer in the KS servers I guess... 

See if you can get something in the 50-60ms range and see how that treats you.  A lot of folks on here are reporting better games in that threshold with a lot of speculation as to why...

Archived