this is getting intolerable now

this has been going on for about 3 weeks now im on blk ops3 i run across the maps i can see an enemy aaaaand i die if i can actually get a shot off hip fire or ads they just kill me even if my reticle is on center mass most of the time i dont even get a chance to fire let alone ads many times i have caught players running out of doorways and there not even looking at me i start to fire right at them (again center mass) they just turn around and kill me and this makes me say words like oh gosh and good shot there sir and so forth (sarcasm there) , if theres players on 3 bars i see them lagging about the map (it doesnt seem to make any difference wether there on my team or the other) if they are 2/3 barring i find it almost impossible to kill them if they are red barring i might aswell leave the lobby as it really affects me.

just tonight on several occasions i am using an lmg and i know the guy is coming round a corner im waiting for him i see him i fire again center mass (this is why it takes me ages to get the headshot challenges done) im firing first and right at him and i die and im sat here thinking i had you bang to rights you should be dead im firing first when i watch the kill cam he runs round the corner and kills me flat it doesnt show the 10/15 rounds i was already letting go at him , its like they have 0.5 secs advantage (sometimes it feels more) over me , its starting to get that bad now that even camping is 50/50 which in turn is slowly making the game more and more frustrating and unplayable for me.

this has been going on for about 3 weeks now im on blk ops3 i run across the maps i can see an enemy aaaaand i die if i can actually get a shot off hip fire or ads they just kill me even if my reticle is on center mass most of the time i dont even get a chance to fire let alone ads many times i have caught players running out of doorways and there not even looking at me i start to fire right at them (again center mass) they just turn around and kill me and this makes me say words like oh gosh and good shot there sir and so forth (sarcasm there) , if theres players on 3 bars i see them lagging about the map (it doesnt seem to make any difference wether there on my team or the other) if they are 2/3 barring i find it almost impossible to kill them if they are red barring i might aswell leave the lobby as it really affects me.

just tonight on several occasions i am using an lmg and i know the guy is coming round a corner im waiting for him i see him i fire again center mass (this is why it takes me ages to get the headshot challenges done) im firing first and right at him and i die and im sat here thinking i had you bang to rights you should be dead im firing first when i watch the kill cam he runs round the corner and kills me flat it doesnt show the 10/15 rounds i was already letting go at him , its like they have 0.5 secs advantage (sometimes it feels more) over me , its starting to get that bad now that even camping is 50/50 which in turn is slowly making the game more and more frustrating and unplayable for me.

Yeap bud I kind of have the same thing. I turned my geo off on one of my xboxes and it seems to be better I also hooked my other xbox to and old router and connected via wifi and it seems better. But Lagarch can change something at anymoment and mess all that up. Have you tried throttling your connection? Seems to work for some on here.

As face mentioned some people have results throttling connection on Th upload to between 300 and 500k

Other things to think of is I have seen evidence that ads cause you hear enemy coming can actually gave a negative effect.

I've have actually experienced it too,my ear clunking enemy foot steps, ads at doorway and fire just as they come through door only to get melted.

For the most part though the R1 works a treat for me. Just need to do a fair bit of testing to get that sweet spot.

Oh and remember the kill am is just for fun, not what actually happened ;)

1.my d/l is 20 and up is around 9

2.ping on router avg 11.7ms in game about 17ms i should be ripping everything that moves.

3.im ps4 not the toybox (ha ha couldnt resist that sorry).

4.this isnt just ads its 99% of the time facing an enemy i die.

5.i found a camper ran upto him WITH a shotgun aimed at his head fired and he shot me !.

6.the kill cams iv got are erm well they are actually what happened and there only fun when your not the one getting killed .

1.my d/l is 20 and up is around 9

2.ping on router avg 11.7ms in game about 17ms i should be ripping everything that moves.

3.im ps4 not the toybox (ha ha couldnt resist that sorry).

4.this isnt just ads its 99% of the time facing an enemy i die.

5.i found a camper ran upto him WITH a shotgun aimed at his head fired and he shot me !.

6.the kill cams iv got are erm well they are actually what happened and there only fun when your not the one getting killed .

Ok, kill cams are not what happened period,

That said have you checked your buffer bloat?

I have 6 mob upload and if I set my cc at that anywhere near 70% to 100% it's unplayable.

Google buffer bloat test and change your cc till you get A or A+ and ignore the speed results

Play it off peak times, just had a 3 hour session on it, and it was great, only got beat by the better player, no bad hitmarking at all. I was and have been having same trouble

since beginning of game, shame i have to play it off peak...but saves me money on an elite controller :).

Baz.

There is nothing you can do... Even with a Netduma.

You can try and adjust this, or that, eliminate BB... Which is a good thing for any game... But in the end, the netcode is designed to give high ping and poor connection players a better gaming experience. It's ass backwards, and this is why you get so many haters saying "CoD is for kids" because it really is now with the whole E-Sports dream constantly promoted and how it rewards people playing on 56Kbps-like connections (due to Wi-Fi) with two yellow bars who end up the top fragger in the lobby at the end of the match.

There is no real "skill" in public matches and it is down to who has the WORSE connection which once again, is the exact opposite of how most MP games function.

so why are other players on 3 bars or less causing me problems and how are french/italian/swedish players able to join like now iv got a full french clan in my lobby and they got humped btw i got 9-6 sniping on fringe

What is your ISP service? DSL or Cable? 

What is your ISP Modem Mfr and Model #?

Do you get good speeds and ping times with out the R1 being connected to the modem? 

How do you have your R1 settings configured? 

My R1 using not the most current FW. "If it works, don't fix it!"   :D 

I set my R1 up for best (A+) BufferBloat and Quality even though the Speed was degraded (D) on dslreports.com.

I turn VPN,I Pv6 and wireless off on the R1. 

Used the following links to help configure the R1:

http://forum.netduma...settings-guide/

http://forum.netduma...ing-max-speeds/

Set up reservations and set my congestion controls (REACTIVE) to 92% on Down and 100% on the UP. Since I'm the only one awake and gaming at night, I presume this is ok for my configuration. This may not be if others are awake and streaming or surfing the internet. 

I set GeoFilter to my home location then clicked two times only to have it auto adjust. Came up with 2300miles. I left it. 

I added my xbox to the host filter enabled initially however when I did this I saw very slow speeds when testing on the xbox, 5-10Mb on the down so I left the XB1 GeoFilter rule disable and speeds were back up to higher, 70Mb. 

I have a cable modem SB 6121 and 100/3 service. Users with ISP speeds lower than 100 should use Preemptive from what I saw in the Wiki.

Speedtesting reported have half while using 92% level however I got A+ for BB and Quality. 

Xbox reported about 70Mb on it's test. NAT OPEN on both Networking and BO3.

I played BO3 for about two hours. Had a good time.

Everyones optimal settings will be different,no two alike.And will more than likely change about every 2-4 hours so it's a crap shoot at best with settings.

IMO the best starting point is 70/70 and adjust from there.

And I would run a buffer bloat test at dslreports.com/speedtest and get your BB and quality to at least an A but A+ for both would be better.And don't worry about the speed as it's irrelevant.Then enter those numbers into your bandwidth on your CC page and apply.

It does seem to help people have more consistent games,at least for a little while.

Give it a try at,this point it can't hurt but the code for BO3 is broken and is inconsistent at best.

Well yes and no Z...

I was saying the place to start was 70/70 on CC as a starting point for gaming as I thought that's what the OP was talking about how he was losing gunfights and all the 3 bars in the lobby.Didn't think he was talking about his speeds,though he was looking to try and make his gaming better.

And when I do a BB test I take the numbers I get an A+ with and enter that as my new bandwidth in CC.

It's been a long ass week and I may have not understood what he was looking for.

But yes always 100 % on sliders for speedtest... :D

my CC is at 70/70 my connection is fttc and my set up was done by iain the lead developer as my desktop wouldnt see the r1 so we had to go digging about in xp to reset a load of tech stuffs in there and as im fttc my isp is plusnet but uses a bt fibre router so the r1 is plugged into that or i have no internet at all theres normally only me online so theres little or no congestion problems so that isnt an issue for me my ingame ping is posted above and my buffer bloat is there aswell.

my geo is set to off the coast of northern ireland and reduced to block europe and the rest of the world so there should be even less lag from far flung players and hamster internet but still german/french/spanish/sedish players get into my lobbies (thought the whole point of the filter was to block these ?).

if there is someone on 3 bars i can see the difference in the game if there red barring i might aswell leave the lobby i can see someone run round a corner and before i can even move im shot dead many times they havnt even been looking at me and im killed by them before i can move even camping i can see them and im dead before i can pull the trigger , last week i had my shotty barrel right on someones head (thinking watch this on your kill cam you tiresome little camper or words to that effect) and pulled the trigger not even a hit marker and he shot me (i have done this since and got kills so its not the game mechanics nor can it all be my reaction time) and im sat there totally confused about what went on.

i got the r1 when the god awful advanced warfare came out and yes there was an improvement i wouldnt say it was a holy crap moment more like a erm ok is that it underwhelmed moment wether i can remove the r1 and just connect back to my plusnet router to see what the difference is i dont know but that is seeming like the way to go then ill have some idea as to how the game plays (as on the whole i think blops3 plays fairly well and if the r1 actually does anything with my set up as iv had the r1 for comming upto a year now and would i say to fellow gamers that its worth the investment atm that would be a no and as i have a target of a pb on combine 33-9 and a lesser score of 20-4 on the same map both with the same load out , yes i know these were exceptional games and some kills on the 33-9 were got with the wraith (6 i think) and at least 3 with the hc-xd if i can just use my isp router and start getting more games like that then ill be asking more questions ........

In any online game it's hit or miss bro.You could unplug the duma and have 3 good games in a row and then have 15 shitty games after that.

The duma can control what host you connect to but can't control who else connects to that host/server,and that's why your getting stuck with 3 bars in your lobby.

BO3 is not the best playing game with the net codes being messed up and them sending hot fixes every day and not letting people know what they are doing in the hot fixes kinda leaves the game in an unfinished state.

Your gonna get different gameplay as there are so many variables that go into it,the one constant is the duma giving you the best possible hosts for your location with the GF.

• Administrators

my CC is at 70/70 my connection is fttc and my set up was done by iain the lead developer as my desktop wouldnt see the r1 so we had to go digging about in xp to reset a load of tech stuffs in there and as im fttc my isp is plusnet but uses a bt fibre router so the r1 is plugged into that or i have no internet at all theres normally only me online so theres little or no congestion problems so that isnt an issue for me my ingame ping is posted above and my buffer bloat is there aswell.

my geo is set to off the coast of northern ireland and reduced to block europe and the rest of the world so there should be even less lag from far flung players and hamster internet but still german/french/spanish/sedish players get into my lobbies (thought the whole point of the filter was to block these ?).

if there is someone on 3 bars i can see the difference in the game if there red barring i might aswell leave the lobby i can see someone run round a corner and before i can even move im shot dead many times they havnt even been looking at me and im killed by them before i can move even camping i can see them and im dead before i can pull the trigger , last week i had my shotty barrel right on someones head (thinking watch this on your kill cam you tiresome little camper or words to that effect) and pulled the trigger not even a hit marker and he shot me (i have done this since and got kills so its not the game mechanics nor can it all be my reaction time) and im sat there totally confused about what went on.

i got the r1 when the god awful advanced warfare came out and yes there was an improvement i wouldnt say it was a holy crap moment more like a erm ok is that it underwhelmed moment wether i can remove the r1 and just connect back to my plusnet router to see what the difference is i dont know but that is seeming like the way to go then ill have some idea as to how the game plays (as on the whole i think blops3 plays fairly well and if the r1 actually does anything with my set up as iv had the r1 for comming upto a year now and would i say to fellow gamers that its worth the investment atm that would be a no and as i have a target of a pb on combine 33-9 and a lesser score of 20-4 on the same map both with the same load out , yes i know these were exceptional games and some kills on the 33-9 were got with the wraith (6 i think) and at least 3 with the hc-xd if i can just use my isp router and start getting more games like that then ill be asking more questions ........

If the host is within your radius the router is doing it's job. We can't prevent other players connecting to the dedicated server in your radius. 

Using your regular router you would be subject to local congestion causing you a lot more lag.

You can post screenshots from here but it looks like you're getting a good ping already so the duma is achieving its purpose. 

Archived