DSL reports, can't get bufferbloat to A

As title, tried everything on the dsl site. Was originally c,c,d, now best I can get is b,a+,f.

Is this an ISP issue?? I have tested at different times, and roughly all same, adjusted slider etc on netduma GUI and can't manage it.

Only trying as bops3 been average, as is AW and battlefield (xb1). Everything's set right, as had 121 with Fraser.

Thanks in advance

Baz.

What is your ISP service? DSL or Cable? 

What is your ISP Modem Mfr and Model #?

Do you get good speeds and ping times with out the R1 being connected to the modem? 

How do you have your R1 settings configured? 

My R1 using not the most current FW. "If it works, don't fix it!"  :D 

I set my R1 up for best (A+) BufferBloat and Quality even though the Speed was degraded (D) on dslreports.com.

I turn VPN,I Pv6 and wireless off on the R1. 

Used the following links to help configure the R1:

http://forum.netduma.com/forum/48-optimal-settings-guide/

http://forum.netduma.com/forum/51-getting-max-speeds/

Set up reservations and set my congestion controls (REACTIVE) to 92% on Down and 100% on the UP. Since I'm the only one awake and gaming at night, I presume this is ok for my configuration. This may not be if others are awake and streaming or surfing the internet. 

I set GeoFilter to my home location then clicked two times only to have it auto adjust. Came up with 2300miles. I left it. 

I added my xbox to the filter however when I did this I saw very slow speeds when testing on the xbox, 5-10Mb on the down so I left the XB1 GeoFilter rule disable and speeds were back up to higher, 70Mb. 

I have a cable modem SB 6121 and 100/3 service. 

Speedtesting reported have half while using 92% level however I got A+ for BB and Quality. 

Xbox reported about 70Mb on it's test. NAT OPEN on both Networking and BO3.

I played BO3 last night for about two hours. Had a good time. Will see where things are again this evening. 

As title, tried everything on the dsl site. Was originally c,c,d, now best I can get is b,a+,f.

Is this an ISP issue?? I have tested at different times, and roughly all same, adjusted slider etc on netduma GUI and can't manage it.

Only trying as bops3 been average, as is AW and battlefield (xb1). Everything's set right, as had 121 with Fraser.

Thanks in advance

Baz.

I have found that I can use the same slider reading, but my scores do vary if I got from Pre-Emptive to Reactive.  Also we have found that REACTIVE seems to give better game plays for a game like BO3 on the PS4.  (Opinions are still mixed on this behind the scenes).

Reactive I lost 2 grades from quality, but buffer stayed at A, can't shift quality to better than f unless I slide download cap further right, then I lose the buffer to worse grade. I'm on sky router sr102, 37 up and 9 down.

Baz.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/9701-ping-plotter/

This is a thread on testing your exterior line.  You will need to download Ping Plotter and run a couple of tests, but this can help diagnose if you have a problem outside of your home network and needs ISP involvement.

I saw a wiki stating that you should be using Preemtive for ISP speeds lower than 100Mb and not Reactive. 

Where is your Up slider set for? I set mine for 100 on the up. 

You have a 9 Downlink and a 37 Uplink? Is that a typo? 9Up and 37Down? 

And you are testing with a wired PC right with DSL reports? 

Reactive I lost 2 grades from quality, but buffer stayed at A, can't shift quality to better than f unless I slide download cap further right, then I lose the buffer to worse grade. I'm on sky router sr102, 37 up and 9 down.

Baz.

I saw a wiki stating that you should be using Preemtive for ISP speeds lower than 100Mb and not Reactive. 

Those were early "best case" use examples.  A lot of testing has been done since then and we have found benefits to having folks check both options as we have no way of knowing the condition of their home, or exterior plant, wiring and signal strengths.   ;)

Where is your Up slider set for? I set mine for 100 on the up. 

You have a 9 Downlink and a 37 Uplink? Is that a typo? 9Up and 37Down? 

And you are testing with a wired PC right with DSL reports? 

Sorry yes,37 down, 9 up. bops3 is just aweful, cant play it, no lag, just terrible hitmarking, aw was fine for a few games, now shit again.

Wired pc straight to duma yes.

Maybe an issue with in game performances vs a router problem or configuration. 

I still saw some lag last night and some hit markers not right however most of the time, hit was spot on. 

Sorry yes,37 down, 9 up. bops3 is just aweful, cant play it, no lag, just terrible hitmarking, aw was fine for a few games, now shit again.

Wired pc straight to duma yes.

Maybe an issue with in game performances vs a router problem or configuration. 

I still saw some lag last night and some hit markers not right however most of the time, hit was spot on. 

Is it "Router" or "Ruuter"?  LOL!  

Is it "Router" or "Ruuter"?  LOL!  

Ask Bagsta about that pronunciation.  That Queen's English troll has a WHOLE Monologue worked out on it and will gladly share it with you.   :P  :D  :ph34r:

I had an issue with line quality grades i bought two new ethernet cables and now i get an A+ on bluffer and mixed A and + on line worth changing cables to see.

• 3 weeks later...

1st two was a,b, and vice versa, then d for speed, still not managed it, and adjusted cc about 100 times.

Ggrrrrr.

Baz.

I know it's a pain in the ass but it does help a ton.Just keep plugging away and you'll find the best settings for you and your network.

But as always run it on a quiet network and do it every 3-4 hours as it will change.I find mine never to be the same,close but not exact.

If 70% each way does not work then look at pingplotter to find what I am guessing a ping/jitter issue with your ISP.

The bloat is showing because of jitter, the duma can stop local jitter but not ISP jitter.

Archived