BO3 Lag Xbox One Help

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you feel like you are lagging check for ISP congestion firstly https://www.pingplotter.com/download.html

Type 8.8.8.8 in to target and press go leave it running in peak time when other users of your ISP would be on the most to check for contention/congestion.

Best to see what you can not fix before you try to fix what you can.

I do get an F for bufferbloat if I roll 100% up. Do you worry about the download bloat?

Wouldn't worry about getting the F at 100%. Not sure but I think the 100% is the same as bypassing cc/algorithmic magic. Maybe someone more learned than I will know.

closest server do this sometimes https://gyazo.com/c364615cd51bb77b0ebd580ffbe9122b

and I went 20-4 in this game

That happens to me too on occasion if someone is on the server from a far distance it might lag. The listen servers still rely on players connections. What happens if you put your location in the geo that's outside that listen server.

• Netduma Staff

I do get an F for bufferbloat if I roll 100% up. Do you worry about the download bloat?

If you've got it set to 100% then there is nothing stopping the congestion so that's probably why you got an F on that test.

If you feel like you are lagging check for ISP congestion firstly https://www.pingplotter.com/download.html

Type 8.8.8.8 in to target and press go leave it running in peak time when other users of your ISP would be on the most to check for contention/congestion.

Best to see what you can not fix before you try to fix what you can.

I run ping plot constantly because I can't trust my isp to be honest

If you've got it set to 100% then there is nothing stopping the congestion so that's probably why you got an F on that test.

Thank You! I was just stating that if I test at 100% I get an F. I never game at 100%

Wouldn't worry about getting the F at 100%. Not sure but I think the 100% is the same as bypassing cc/algorithmic magic. Maybe someone more learned than I will know.

That happens to me too on occasion if someone is on the server from a far distance it might lag. The listen servers still rely on players connections. What happens if you put your location in the geo that's outside that listen server.

That was the closest one that I have ever connected too. If I bump out I will always connect to "Kansas"

BTW I cranked everything down to what I had a while ago running preemp, deep packet on and down load at 70mb up at 7.27 sliders at 70 and 10% for up. It worked alot better but was one night. I am still going to try your suggestions just have to wait till Monday. The next few days is all about the kids. The actual ones not the man childs. LOL

Ok I get an A for bufferbloat at less than 500 kbs but it still hit the red twice during upload, do that mean I need to throttle more?

There are 100 different ways people say they have figured out how to beat "lag comp" but I don't know it there is actually one.You've tried about everyone I've see going by reading your posts.And they all work for a night of gaming and the the next day it doesn't.They variables network wise change every 5 minutes,so there is no way to keep up with it.IMO your changing things way to often,give it some time,like a week of gaming at the same hours so you can get a baseline and have something to go against.Then if you have to make changes.

You might want to try just getting your connection to an A+ BB,A+ quality and leave it there for awhile.But if you check on dsl reports in the morning for BB and quality then in the evening the same settings will yield a different results.So how are you ever gonna keep up with the shit,change settings after every match.

Just pick some settings and play the game for awhile.

There are 100 different ways people say they have figured out how to beat "lag comp" but I don't know it there is actually one.You've tried about everyone I've see going by reading your posts.And they all work for a night of gaming and the the next day it doesn't.They variables network wise change every 5 minutes,so there is no way to keep up with it.IMO your changing things way to often,give it some time,like a week of gaming at the same hours so you can get a baseline and have something to go against.Then if you have to make changes.

You might want to try just getting your connection to an A+ BB,A+ quality and leave it there for awhile.But if you check on dsl reports in the morning for BB and quality then in the evening the same settings will yield a different results.So how are you ever gonna keep up with the shit,change settings after every match.

Just pick some settings and play the game for awhile.

I was meaning for this to Dion. I have had it at A's for a while but he was saying to get it to where it does not even touch red during testing, so I was asking if I should do something else. I think just sticking with the same thing over and over is just not going to work. If my car is eating tons of gas and I could fix it wouldn't I? Maybe the people who don't know the constant behind a few secounds should go to someone's house who has this problem and see how they like it. Just trying to find a solution, if it angers you then please ignor me and the rest of us with issues because hating on us for trying to find a solution is dumb. I apologize in advance if I read that wrong just feel the haters on here!

I was meaning for this to Dion. I have had it at A's for a while but he was saying to get it to where it does not even touch red during testing, so I was asking if I should do something else. I think just sticking with the same thing over and over is just not going to work. If my car is eating tons of gas and I could fix it wouldn't I? Maybe the people who don't know the constant behind a few secounds should go to someone's house who has this problem and see how they like it. Just trying to find a solution, if it angers you then please ignor me and the rest of us with issues because hating on us for trying to find a solution is dumb. I apologize in advance if I read that wrong just feel the haters on here!

How the hell do you read my post and get I'm hating on you or anyone for that matter.I was simply offering some advice and that was to run certain settings for a certain amount of time and if no improvement move on to different settings.Not change the settings after every 3 games,I'm not saying that's what you do it's just an example.

And I got news for you I am one of the people who has less than stellar gameplay due to me being behind,as JD can testify to this as we play together.But I also understand the what to expect and what not to expect for a on line first person shooter game.

And if I/we ignored you then I wouldn't be doing my job with trying to help people on the forum everyone is here trying to make their gaming experience better and have some fun while doing it.And like I said before"I"m one of those people" so don't be so quick to judge as were in the same boat.

• Netduma Staff

I have no idea what this 'few seconds behind thing is'. So for the benefit of the people like me, upload the next game you play then people like me who haven't a clue what people mean when they say 'few second behind' can learn. Also post what the average ping was in that game. Don't take this as me hating or doubting you, I genuinely haven't experienced it and would like to see.

I have no idea what this 'few seconds behind thing is'. So for the benefit of the people like me, upload the next game you play then people like me who haven't a clue what people mean when they say 'few second behind' can learn. Also post what the average ping was in that game. Don't take this as me hating or doubting you, I genuinely haven't experienced it and would like to see.

I don't bud and appreciate the help. I said before at the end that I apologize if I were reading into it wrong. When someone type's something even joking it dosen't always come across in typed word that way.  

https://youtu.be/ND2Wogl_jeYyea I know my aim isn't perfect and I expect to have a certain bit of behind a second, that is why I preaim everywhere. This was with a 26. something ping. I can make more but when you are behind more than just a bit even the aim assist fights you as its dragging you where the person is not, or maybe they are and what you see isn't what's going on. I don't know and I don't understand how this could have changed so drastically. This was the best cod I had ever played as far as connections go, and it changed well before Christmas.

• Netduma Staff

https://youtu.be/ND2Wogl_jeYyea I know my aim isn't perfect and I expect to have a certain bit of behind a second, that is why I preaim everywhere. This was with a 26. something ping. I can make more but when you are behind more than just a bit even the aim assist fights you as its dragging you where the person is not, or maybe they are and what you see isn't what's going on. I don't know and I don't understand how this could have changed so drastically. This was the best cod I had ever played as far as connections go, and it changed well before Christmas.

If you can, upload a full game. Did you mean to quote Fuzzy in your previous post? :)

yea I know my aim isn't perfect and I expect to have a certain bit of behind a second, that is why I preaim everywhere. This was with a 26. something ping. I can make more but when you are behind more than just a bit even the aim assist fights you as its dragging you where the person is not, or maybe they are and what you see isn't what's going on. I don't know and I don't understand how this could have changed so drastically. This was the best cod I had ever played as far as connections go, and it changed well before Christmas.

I've experienced that kind of stuff before and get it quite a lot with my isp Sky broadband,last week I was getting a lot of this,this may sound stupid but I was playing wired with a cat 6 cable,I decided to change out my cable and actually downgraded to a brand new cat5e that sky sent me many moons ago it was still packageg up,my game hit detection was perfect last night,always worth checking you're cables and for any congestion with isp

I've experienced that kind of stuff before and get it quite a lot with my isp Sky broadband,last week I was getting a lot of this,this may sound stupid but I was playing wired with a cat 6 cable,I decided to change out my cable and actually downgraded to a brand new cat5e that sky sent me many moons ago it was still packageg up,my game hit detection was perfect last night,always worth checking you're cables and for any congestion with isp

Thanks for the idea BEN though when I wire a port in my house I ran 3 or 4 cables and put that many jacks in the wall. I know I have issues but I wire stuff for a living, well I did for 25 years. But it can't hurt to try another cable It dosen't take much to make a new one. My ISP hates me I call them the second I have a drop in speeds, well I call the lead tech. For the money we pay it should work. Actually I have a tester for Ethernet cables I will test too.

We have all seen people upload gameplays on the forum and seen how unbelievable the hit detection is but unfortunately it's not the same for us all,as soon as I come across problems which happens a lot to me the first person I blame is my isp,run pingplotter at peak time and see if anything stands out,we get that obsessed with trying to find the perfect hit detection and im sure there will be people who are regularly reseting/rebooting modem and routers which I've found out from own experience it is not healthy for you're line,I'm not saying you are constantly rebooting/resetting but maybe leave things how they are and you're line might settle down, I'm only suggesting that because the clip you put on looks exactly the same as mine did just a few weeks ago

Archived