Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ww2 new servers

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

RedBull2k

RedBull2k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Local time: 03:01 AM
  • LocationSouth Wales

just noticed that ww2 are now also using this company 'iomart Cloud Services Limited' as dedicated servers

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,862 posts

just noticed that ww2 are now also using this company 'iomart Cloud Services Limited' as dedicated servers

Thanks for letting us know RedBull! Might check them out. Out of interest, where did you find this out? :)

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

RedBull2k

RedBull2k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

well i seen them the other night, i made a small program, it extracts a list of ips my ps4 is in communication with and then applying some logic to strip out the server ip.

progprogprog

progprogprog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I have notice this as well as I use lede and it tells you the ip address over the server.
So I did a trace route to it

Dan

Dan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
On CoD WW2 PS4 am seeing lots of P2P games right on top of UK server bank. Pings remain at 6ms so wonder if Sony has added more servers to improve game play

RedBull2k

RedBull2k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

it could be because duma os has not been updated with the ips for the new server's

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,862 posts

it could be because duma os has not been updated with the ips for the new server's

This won't be the case - just for future reference, both DumaOS and the original firmware use the same cloud database. DumaOS is always on the bleeding edge cloud version I believe, so they should both be exactly the same :)

Here's hoping some new servers have opened up!

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Dan

Dan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Grabbed a couple of screenshots BTW I'm on the R1.

#netduma - can you check whether the screenshots are p2P or dedis?

Attached Files

kizvandutch

kizvandutch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Local time: 07:01 PM
I have been on 9ms servers Seattle and I live in Surrey bc and the servers are just terrible. Very smooth connection but inconsistent hit detection 🤣

Dan

Dan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
These are coming up as P2P in the UK but ping as at 6ms right on top of the UK server bank. Possible cloud needs a tweak. Maybe?

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,862 posts

Grabbed a couple of screenshots BTW I'm on the R1.

That first ID (beginning "ac52") is a peer. The second ID is a dedicated server owned by Iomart Hosting Limited. Hope this helps :)

Technical support:

Dan

Dan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Both showing as P2P. Will you update the cloud for the second one. Is there an easy way to spot when a dedi appears as a peer?

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,862 posts

Both showing as P2P. Will you update the cloud for the second one. Is there an easy way to spot when a dedi appears as a peer?

On the R1 you can click a host - if the Temp Ban option is available then it's a dedicated server.

On DumaOS though they have separate icons :)

Technical support:

Dan

Dan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
The point I am raising is that dedis are appearing as Peers on the R1. I believe because Sony has added more servers

RedBull2k

RedBull2k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

I mentioned that "iomart" are new servers and i also said they needed to be added to the dedicated server list. jack said that it wasnt the case, and now we are back here and dan is saying they need to be added as they are showign as peers.

Do you know what we are on about now jack?

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,862 posts

I mentioned that "iomart" are new servers and i also said they needed to be added to the dedicated server list. jack said that it wasnt the case, and now we are back here and dan is saying they need to be added as they are showign as peers.

Do you know what we are on about now jack?

Doh, Yeh I think I missed the point - it's not often that new dedicated servers show up as peers instead! No worries guys - lets dedicate this thread to collecting the new server ID's if you're up for it. If you come across any new servers that are showing as peers let us know their ID's and we'll double check them before adding them to the list for the next cloud update.

Thanks for letting us know!

Technical support:

Dan

Dan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
If we leave as a peer doesn't that mean we can perm ban!

Once flagged as a dedi only temp ban applies

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,143 posts

If we leave as a peer doesn't that mean we can perm ban!

Once flagged as a dedi only temp ban applies

In theory but that's not a good reason for not ensuring that icons appear how they should. Besides DumaOS is almost out for the R1!

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users