Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tip for good hit detection

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Alanero89fl

Alanero89fl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Local time: 06:12 PM
Guys I suffered for a while trying to set up the netduma farely well. Now I seem to have found a SOLUTION. It might work for you it might not. I set my ps4 to get most of the internet speed in the house. Now the capping lower it down to 70 or 60 upload and download speeds. What changed from here was that I ticked off share excess and now since ive ticked that off for both upload and download Ive been getting the most AWSOME GAMES! Its either like LAN play or I have more of the advantage in a gun fight. You dont even have to use the geo filter. I use it on or off. Geo filter on seems to even better it but I turn it off so it could be a fair game ;) hope this helps.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,266 posts
  • Local time: 11:12 PM

Glad to hear you've found a configuration that works best for you. In general it could cause issues for other devices which is why I wouldn't personally recommend it but that's what the duma is about, finding the best settings for your connection :)

I've also updated your title and moved the topic to better suit the content.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official Support Times: 10am - 6pm GMT

World Clock

N3CR0

N3CR0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

I'll give this a try later :)

Alanero89fl

Alanero89fl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Thank you Fraser. The title sounds much better.

N3CR0

N3CR0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Can't say I'm noticing any difference but at least it works for you ;)

Alanero89fl

Alanero89fl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Its weird man. If I have share excess ticked its not great. But with it off its completely spot on. Well. I wonder..

Areuz

Areuz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMN, USA

Guys I suffered for a while trying to set up the netduma farely well. Now I seem to have found a SOLUTION. It might work for you it might not. I set my ps4 to get most of the internet speed in the house. Now the capping lower it down to 70 or 60 upload and download speeds. What changed from here was that I ticked off share excess and now since ive ticked that off for both upload and download Ive been getting the most AWSOME GAMES! Its either like LAN play or I have more of the advantage in a gun fight. You dont even have to use the geo filter. I use it on or off. Geo filter on seems to even better it but I turn it off so it could be a fair game ;) hope this helps.

I tried this and saw a major improvement. Thanks for the tip

Normal (100%/100%)

16086815.png

Duma 60%/60% reactive

16086398.png

A7Legit

A7Legit

#DatHitDetection

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Local time: 09:12 AM
  • LocationAustralia

I've been enjoying insane hit detection with the R1 since I got it in December 2014, glad you're having a great experience with it now. :)

frank1144

frank1144

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Local time: 03:12 PM
  • LocationUS - CA

Just leave the lobby with struggling with, if the other teams have crappy connections why stay in the lobby some lobbies can't be touch.

17064580.png21963376.png

thewilloxdiaz

thewilloxdiaz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Didnt help me at all. I just gave up already with this router.

• NR7 likes this

Neil_Hines

Neil_Hines

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 04:12 AM

Thanks for the guide it about us friend. It's really helpful I will try it and hope it will really helpful for me also.  :)

frank1144

frank1144

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Local time: 03:12 PM
  • LocationUS - CA

Didnt help me at all. I just gave up already with this router.

BO3 is not a very consistent game you get good lobbies and bad one too mostly bad one very laggy servers. If you are still playing BO3 you'll come back to this router, without this router game play it's even worse, I have a feeling that lag comp give everyone a chance to not suck at this game, if not why would you get a survey?
asking if you had fun with the game you just play. But who knows for sure what's going on with this game anyways, your guess it's a good as mine. Just wondering what makes this game very inconsistent.

17064580.png21963376.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users