Tech Support New owners

From going through the many posts and threads etc. It seems to me atleast that the Netduma may be a little to tech oriented for some who have purchased it. I know you can find alot of info on the Wiki and the forums. But from the repeated posts I am seeing there has got to be something we as a group can come up with to make it easier on the not so tech savy people or just the new netduma owner in general. Do any of you have any ideas? Hates no need to respond. Thanks

Iain has been working on a new format for the GUI to make it more accessible for new users.

Yeah they got something in the works that should make things easier on support before the Christmas rush.

Oh ok thanks guys. Hate seeing these frustrated people!!!

That sounds awesome. In fact I was just about to post something myself on this in the support section... to ask if there's a previous post, or to attempt in said post... a 'hub' of various links to general networking concepts, set up guides etc...

Alternatively, as you know, the wiki is still blank when it comes to a few related topics... (Eg, the FAQ "I want to keep my existing router for non-gaming devices. How do I set up...." links to 'we are still working on this'.

Not at all complaining, just wondering myself if we could possibly work as a community to start assembling various how-to's in order to minimize post redundancy etc

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

That sounds awesome. In fact I was just about to post something myself on this in the support section... to ask if there's a previous post, or to attempt in said post... a 'hub' of various links to general networking concepts, set up guides etc...

Alternatively, as you know, the wiki is still blank when it comes to a few related topics... (Eg, the FAQ "I want to keep my existing router for non-gaming devices. How do I set up...." links to 'we are still working on this'.

Not at all complaining, just wondering myself if we could possibly work as a community to start assembling various how-to's in order to minimize post redundancy etc

Thats awesome of you to offer your help! It is my job to update the wiki but there is only so much time in the day unfortunately! Crossy does help out a lot as well which is very helpful and I massively appreciate it. 

If you did want to help out you are more than welcome to do so, though I would not expect it and would implore you not to take the time out of your day to do it unless you literally had nothing else to do and want to help. 

If you choose a wiki post that hasn't been filled in yet just PM the write up of it and I can look it over and add it.

What a fantastic community we have here!

It would be nice if there was a glossary built into the UI or built in as a mouse hover like a little pop-up explaining what the setting is/does.

It could just be me but I always like to know the "why" behind setting certain things certain ways for example an explanation of why you set preemptive or reactive etc which could help people play with their own settings for example they may be fine with losing some bandwidth if it improves their ping etc.

• Netduma Staff

It would be nice if there was a glossary built into the UI or built in as a mouse hover like a little pop-up explaining what the setting is/does.

It could just be me but I always like to know the "why" behind setting certain things certain ways for example an explanation of why you set preemptive or reactive etc which could help people play with their own settings for example they may be fine with losing some bandwidth if it improves their ping etc.

For some settings there is a little question mark next to the name which you can hover over and get a description :)

Archived