Can't get Netduma to work

• Netduma Staff

I need a refund for a product that doesn't work as advertised. 

Can you come into chat please and I'll teamviwer and have a look. I'm pretty sure it does work and that it is a setting that is not correct somewhere.

• Netduma Staff

Shariq came into chat and I took a look at his settings. First of all he is located in South East Asia - from looking at the GeoFilter when he was searching, there weren't any hosts near him, but he said that using his Asus router he connects to Singapore and has a 30ms ping (Bops3 in game meter) -  on the Netduma he was connecting to hosts 100ms + (shown on Duma ping and in game ping). I couldn't connect to him to anything below 100ms on the Duma ;(

Maybe it was that it was 3am over there when I was looking at his settings so maybe there was a low player count - but Shariq said it has been like that since the afternoon when he received it.

Maybe someone else in South East Asia has settings/experiences they could share if there is anyone over there who has one :) Also, maybe if Fraser is free he can do a 1on1 with you :)

Shariq came into chat and I took a look at his settings. First of all he is located in South East Asia - from looking at the GeoFilter when he was searching, there weren't any hosts near him, but he said that using his Asus router he connects to Singapore and has a 30ms ping (Bops3 in game meter) -  on the Netduma he was connecting to hosts 100ms + (shown on Duma ping and in game ping). I couldn't connect to him to anythign below 100ms ;(

Maybe it was that it was 3am over there when I was looking at his settings so maybe low player count - but Shariq said it has been like that since the afternoon when he received it.

Maybe someone else in South East Asia has settings/experiences they could share if there is anyone over there who has one :) Also, maybe if Fraser is free he can do a 1on1 with you :)

still can't get a game with netduma geo filtering and its 2.45 pm in the afternoon here tried core team deathmatch.

maybe send fraser a pm as he might of been buisy

at the moment its only 8 am here i think they start work about 9 am

I have sent him since yesterday and he hasn't replied till now, the whole point of buying this router was for geo filtering and it doesn't work so I need a refund now, Yesterday Crossy had a look using team viewer and he couldn't make the geo filtering work either, I did all the settings right.

I have sent him since yesterday and he hasn't replied till now, the whole point of buying this router was for geo filtering and it doesn't work so I need a refund now, Yesterday Crossy had a look using team viewer and he couldn't make the geo filtering work either, I did all the settings right.

The GF does work your just in a low player base area,what did you expect from the duma to magically add players to your location.It doesn't work that way,if your in a really low player base area your best bet is searching during peak hours.

The GF does work your just in a low player base area,what did you expect from the duma to magically add players to your location.It doesn't work that way,if your in a really low player base area your best bet is searching during peak hours.

Are you serious im using geo filtering with a radius of 5000 km and still it can't find any players. I'm searching for games in peak hours and still can't find one but with my old router I can find at any time of the day.

Shariq, I would try putting both routers in tandem as an experiment . Modem to old router then old router to netduma. Put netduma in dmz of old router, netduma running with geo off. This way you can see where you are actually connecting too, like where in the world people are that you are connecting with. Perhaps its something in the settings of the duma that are blocking people or you are connecting to people far away. Either way this would get an answer to what may be going on.

Shariq, I would try putting both routers in tandem as an experiment . Modem to old router then old router to netduma. Put netduma in dmz of old router, netduma running with geo off. This way you can see where you are actually connecting too, like where in the world people are that you are connecting with. Perhaps its something in the settings of the duma that are blocking people or you are connecting to people far away. Either way this would get an answer to what may be going on.

That's how I'm running it now . Even if I put my location to US I still can't find games. Can someone tell me return and refund procedure please?

• Administrators

I believe I spoke to you on Facebook. I told you that you can block dedicated servers but that doesn't necessarily mean you will get P2P hosts when you were asking about the Geo.

Firstly make sure you have auto&bleeding edge cloud enabled as I added lots of dedicated servers. 

You can email [email protected] regarding it but they may say to have a 1 on 1 with me first. So I'd suggest PMing me so we can set that up as well

i dont know if it is significant or not but, factory reset your netduma not once but twice then make dam sure youre getting those ports forwarded ,setting UNPN and also tick the second unpn also, i had trouble getting them to show for some reason right away you may have to wait a few minutes.

secondly: restart your xbox, hold the start button till it clicks on xbox,or ps4 (i dont know how its done ) and flush the cache out of them at least once.

I believe I spoke to you on Facebook. I told you that you can block dedicated servers but that doesn't necessarily mean you will get P2P hosts when you were asking about the Geo.

Firstly make sure you have auto&bleeding edge cloud enabled as I added lots of dedicated servers. 

You can email [email protected] regarding it but they may say to have a 1 on 1 with me first. So I'd suggest PMing me so we can set that up as well

enabled auto & bleeding edge like i did before cloud still the same issue.

In still waiting for your reply. Sent you pm long back

Archived