My PS4 BO3 Europe Net DUMA Setup/Settings

lukasz

Hello there DUMA ARMY.

Now that I have played BO3 for some time I want to share my exact setup whit you guys. So lest get started. THOSE SETTINGS ARE ONLY WHEN I AM GAMING.

1. R1 router its the main router in my setup. Only thing in the front of it is my ISP router set to MODE MODE which means its just a modem.

2.Geo filter Page. 

I have described all of the settings of my Geo Filter on the Picture Below.

1449255838-U331.jpg

I will skip the Congestion control setup and I will talk about it in the end of this thread as that have change a lot.

3. Next stop is VPN section see the image below and the description

1449256244-U331.jpg

4 Settings. I will describe only the relevant to gaming aspect of my settings. I have not port forwarding rules set up on my Net DUMA router and not rules on My Modem(dont know if that even possible). That takes us to the next step

5. UPnP please see below

1449256929-U331.jpg

6. Our Next stop is the LAN settings please see below. I have missed to talk about one thing on the picture. Right form the start I was recommended by Net DUMA crew that I should keep the IPv6 disable and only have it on If I would need it. Thats why It is off

1449257317-U331.jpg

7. DHCP Lease I have not static IP set up for any of my devices simply because I dont need to have it.

8. WAN. Now I have describe on previous sections why I chose what i chose In WAN so I will Just post a picture of those settings. Please see bellow.

1449257798-U331.jpg

9. Miscellaneous settings. Please see bellow.

1449258566-U331.jpg

10. Now lest look at the congestion control settings this time around I will first post a picture without any description and than I will talk you guys through it. lest first see the picture. 

1449258962-U331.jpg

Now its time for the story. 

The number I have on both the UP and Down are there for a reason. Some time ago I have come a cross a topic on here where people were talking about Buffer bloat. I am running a 100 mb connection so there fore I should be using reactive and so I did until that point.

It was recommended to use this tool for estimating you buffer bloat( http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest). That tool also gave you a line quality results. So I started to test it and could not get even close to have A+ or at lest A on both the BB and LQ. That is when I have change to preemptive and I enable the Deep Packet processing. Which after some time gave me the results I wanted. 

How ever I have never trusted those kind of test and I have done research on BB even more form what I understood of my research I needed to lower my base speed. So I went to set bandwidth section on DUMA router and I have cut the down load speed to 50 and I keep the Up on 6. I have found some advance tools that I could not get My head around. Then I have come a cross I way to test it even further. That is very simple way actually.

I have the http://www.dslreports.com/speedtesttest open and at this same time I have the cmd box open and using the cmd I was pinging like 300 times 8.8.8.8 and running the dslreports speed test at this same time. 

When the test started to down load I could see on the cmd box that the pings are increasing while the test is down loading so i still had a buffer bloat on my download. I have twicked that by moving the sliders till the point where my spikes on the cmd while downloading very very small. In my case that is the 64% that you could see on the picture(which in the speed test gave me around 30 mb). I have done the same thing whit the upload and my sweet spot is 50% on the sliders(which gave me speed of around 2.8 mb).

After doing that I have tested it on the different times of the day or of the week and I have found that those setting gave me A+ on both of the BB and LQ as well as very small ping spikes on cmd while I was doing those speedtest.

One thing I have notice also is that the in game ping graph on netDUMA after those changes its a lot more smoother and I mean a lot.

I have test it on AW and I am running it on BO3 I think I have like moth and half on this settings and I dont think its a placebo it really does make a difference to me.

Now I am going to MC Donald's and then take  shower and get on whit the BO3

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what an awesome , detailed description of how you use your duma. Im going to try the cmd , ping test tomorrow as The bufferbloat helped me alot at the start of BO3 but had some trouble lately. Though I think my trouble is others I'm being put inlobbies with. Thank you so much!

I love this post btw lukasz. With pics and writing its so easy to follow.

Just one question? In the VPN section it says fast setup and setup! Setup is untucked but fast setup is always ticked! I unticked it and apply but when I go back on the page it is ticked again! Should fast setup in VPN be ticked or unticked please? Many thanks

As far as I know nothing apply to VPN settings if its turn off. So in my scenario its is of so It doest matter what the others say but I am just following the logic thing here

To be honest whit you my friend I have always had it like this and always had my NAT open. Don't really know. I go whit the rule if its working don't change it. I am sure someone will come in and share what this function is for.

I have spoken to Crossy about it. And it just as I was thinking that option is just a add on just for a scenario when you DUMA router is behind another router and ist not in DMZ. 

If you DUMA is in you other router DMZ than UPnP enable does all the work. If your DUMA is connected to the modem UPnP enable does all  the work. Only if your DUMA have a different router behind it you would need bot the UPnP enable as well as the UPnP forwarding.

If that make sense. 

My speeds are 170down/22up.

Your speeds are similar to mine. I have 180 down and 12 up. I believe I am curently going with bandwith set at 70 down and 9mb up. Sliders are at 70 but sometimes I roll at 80. Thanks to this post I have deep packet clicked or ticked,or that shit is enabled whatever it is. I also go with pre instead of rec for algo. I started with Raddy's settings and got an A+ for bufferbloat then I kept adjusting till I got an A for all 3 which got me where I am now. I also have ping assist off. And my geo (I am in the USA on the east coast) is east coast to ZKansas to include that server bank which I don't think is an actual server because I can white or black (green red) list almost everything I [play on from there. Hell I get 6ms ping on some games that would be 1000 miles (not sure of kilometers us americans don't know that shit)away. I think they are just mislocated or Lagdovision runs Peer to peer through some server in Kansas. Anyway if you have any questions let me know. Also I can spell when I want too. LOL

Secretface-

I guess I could give those setting a shot. It won't hurt to try. However I have tried to lower my bandwidths before but it didn't seem to make to a difference on the bufferbloat score. I usually have Good games anyways. But if it can be better than why not, right?

Your speeds are similar to mine. I have 180 down and 12 up. I believe I am curently going with bandwith set at 70 down and 9mb up. Sliders are at 70 but sometimes I roll at 80. Thanks to this post I have deep packet clicked or ticked,or that shit is enabled whatever it is. I also go with pre instead of rec for algo. I started with Raddy's settings and got an A+ for bufferbloat then I kept adjusting till I got an A for all 3 which got me where I am now. I also have ping assist off. And my geo (I am in the USA on the east coast) is east coast to ZKansas to include that server bank which I don't think is an actual server because I can white or black (green red) list almost everything I [play on from there. Hell I get 6ms ping on some games that would be 1000 miles (not sure of kilometers us americans don't know that shit)away. I think they are just mislocated or Lagdovision runs Peer to peer through some server in Kansas. Anyway if you have any questions let me know. Also I can spell when I want too. LOL

So did it made any difference to you gaming expirence?

Yebs applying those settings

To be honest my man I am not sure, yesterday I had a pretty good gaming day until the little bastards got out of school and wreked the internet with their 300ms wifi pings. I then saw your post. (this one) and the only thing I changed was adding that deep packet shit. Most of the stuff you have on here I already have set up very similar. Last night after adding deep packet stuff I had a great gaming night, so good I stopped gaming earlier than usual for a fear came over me that I may ruin it somehow by playing sleepy and quit while I'm ahead. Now I have lagged so long in my call of duty career that I play a bit campy most the time. https://youtu.be/2cR5P6NPQ-gfrom last night. Do I think the duma has helped my gaming no! do I think the duma plus kind ass people such as yourself and others on here sharing there settings and such to help one another out. A Fuck yea. You def. need the two.Thank you and Thank every person on here that lends a hand. I haven't tried the cmd thingy yet. I forgot today is a weekend. 3 year olds don't give you that kind of free time.

Yea I ramble

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/9311-my-bo3-settings-that-work-xbox-one/I had made this post some time ago perhaps this helps someone

Secretface-

I guess I could give those setting a shot. It won't hurt to try. However I have tried to lower my bandwidths before but it didn't seem to make to a difference on the bufferbloat score. I usually have Good games anyways. But if it can be better than why not, right?

I would try putting it at dial up then dude and work your way up. Maybe something is not enabled or something. if you put in like 1 up 1 down you should see some difference just as a test mind you. to see if something somehow is not enabled.

Archived