VZW Fios Users Set-up Info - Internet Only Subscribers

have your cable plugged into the ONT ethernet port and port 1 on your Netduma, have the power cable removed from the duma, ask them to renew your IP lease, after they give you a new lease, plug your duma in.  You should be all set.  That is exactly how I did it myself.  What you're asking them to do is give you a new IP address so your ONT can sync up with the duma instead of looking for your quantum router.  Your current IP address is set up for your VZW router.  That's why I asked you to pull the power on the ONT. Sometimes you'll get a new IP address if your ONT isn't powered on.  It can take an hour maybe more though sometimes.

Once you get a new IP you'll be good.  Let me know how you make out.  Make sure you follow all the instructions that came with your netduma for the rest of the set up.

Good luck 

Vrz tech support are idiots. Don't even waist your time calling unless it's to switch from coax to Ethernet. I just got my netduma this pass monday. I connected my r1 to my fios g1100 router and tried to put it in pass through / bridge mode and frontier wanted to charge me for premium technically support which is insane. Then go find out this g1100 modem router combo does not have a pass through feature. Vrz says to put the 3rd party router in DMZ but unfortunately with the g110 quatum gateway even in DMZ there is still restriction from the firewall. I used the netduma device manger page to allow me to connect to www.myfiosgateway.com then I logged in went to my connection / broadband and hit the release button there. As soon as the light on the g1100 turned red I unplugged the Ethernet cable and plugged it straight to the r1 taking the g1100 completely out of the equation. Waited a couple min then rebooted the netduma and stated pub stomping even harder in BO3.

I need to just fine tune the r1 now. Also need to figure out if 2 XBOXones can play cod at the same time and both have a open nat. With the fios g1100 I put one xb1 in DMZ and the other port forwarded but which ever xb1 turned on first got the open nat type the 2nd xb1 would get put in moderate but both xb1's under all settings / network settings / nat type: open on both. (Only in cod one will say moderate)

I also seen another user put their fios router after the netduma, I would like to do that 2, have my game consoles connected to the netduma then every other device to the fios g1100.

So finally had the chance to set up my g1100 modem/router behind the r1, I have all my wifi devices connected to the fios router and only my 2 xboxes connected to the r1. Now I just need to tweak the r1 for optimal connection

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone i have fios internet dont have have a modem i have quantum router i pay for 150 over 150 i get very ckose to them speeds when i do speed test when connected to fios via ethernet cable bc it has dual band 5ghz and net duma only uses 2.4ghz so my speeds are not close to 150/150. So on the r1 what am i supposed to enter in bandwidth settings what i pay for or what im getting. Aslo have tv n phone with fios would it be ok to use ethernet cable from my wall straight to duma and just keep quantum router connected via coax for tv/phone

Vrz tech support are idiots. Don't even waist your time calling unless it's to switch from coax to Ethernet. I just got my netduma this pass monday. I connected my r1 to my fios g1100 router and tried to put it in pass through / bridge mode and frontier wanted to charge me for premium technically support which is insane. Then go find out this g1100 modem router combo does not have a pass through feature. Vrz says to put the 3rd party router in DMZ but unfortunately with the g110 quatum gateway even in DMZ there is still restriction from the firewall. I used the netduma device manger page to allow me to connect to www.myfiosgateway.com then I logged in went to my connection / broadband and hit the release button there. As soon as the light on the g1100 turned red I unplugged the Ethernet cable and plugged it straight to the r1 taking the g1100 completely out of the equation. Waited a couple min then rebooted the netduma and stated pub stomping even harder in BO3.

I need to just fine tune the r1 now. Also need to figure out if 2 XBOXones can play cod at the same time and both have a open nat. With the fios g1100 I put one xb1 in DMZ and the other port forwarded but which ever xb1 turned on first got the open nat type the 2nd xb1 would get put in moderate but both xb1's under all settings / network settings / nat type: open on both. (Only in cod one will say moderate)

I also seen another user put their fios router after the netduma, I would like to do that 2, have my game consoles connected to the netduma then every other device to the fios g1100.

I just recently got r1 as well and i have fios quantum router as well with 150/150 speeds. Do u have cable/tv as well? If so how did u eliminate the fios router all together with out screwing up tv n phone services

I made this thread for people who were internet subscribers only.  I can't comment officially about what Fios services you'd loose if you were bypass your quantum router, but it is possible. I think you loose caller ID, the channel guide, and a few other specific VZW services. The ONT is what you'd need to connect the Ethernet cable from your R1 to. It's probably in your basement. The VZW techs installed it the day they came to set your service up. I have read a lot of players on here are doing just fine with their VZW router in front of their R1's, you just need to make sure everything from your house goes through the R1.  You'll have to turn off your VZW router's 2.4 and 5 ghz wifi and use the R1's to get the most out of your R1.

As far as your other question. It's recommended you enter the speed you're getting.  Do a couple of speed tests and take the average and enter that into your bandwidth settings on your R1.  I usually just enter the speeds I pay for, which is 50/50.  In most of my speed tests, I am around 58 up and 60 dn, but keeping it at 50/50 on the R1 hasn't caused any bad buffering problems on the other network devices being used while gaming. 

You can dmz your R1, but in order to get the most from your R1 you need to have everything in your network go through the R1 before it gets to your vzw router. Congestion control will not be as effective if you have network devices bypassing the R1

so best thing to do is Bridge mode my vz router then only then ill be able to use my R1 to the fullist''''' i noticed when i tried to VPN It gave me an error i couldnt do it told me theres another device and yes the vz router poped up 

• Administrators

Hey everyone i have fios internet dont have have a modem i have quantum router i pay for 150 over 150 i get very ckose to them speeds when i do speed test when connected to fios via ethernet cable bc it has dual band 5ghz and net duma only uses 2.4ghz so my speeds are not close to 150/150. So on the r1 what am i supposed to enter in bandwidth settings what i pay for or what im getting. Aslo have tv n phone with fios would it be ok to use ethernet cable from my wall straight to duma and just keep quantum router connected via coax for tv/phone

I believe you started your own thread with this question and I answered it there :)

HEY GUYS WHATS UP DO I REALLY NEED TO PUT MY VERIZON ROUTER IN BRIDGE MODE TO GET MY FULL USAGE OF MY NETDUNA R1 OR I CAN JUST DMZ NETDUMAS IP AND KEEP IT AT 2 ROUTERS WORKING AT ONCE????????

You can put it in the DMZ that is fine. Just ensure you connect ALL devices to the R1 to make the most of the features. Would recommend disabling the wifi on the Verizon to prevent devices automatically connecting to it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently got r1 as well and i have fios quantum router as well with 150/150 speeds. Do u have cable/tv as well? If so how did u eliminate the fios router all together with out screwing up tv n phone services

Sorry I took so long to reply back. No I only use fios for Internet and phone. I use directv for tv. I'm pretty sure you can. My phone was never connected to the quantum router and I'm sure your tv is not either.

Dmz on the quantum is crap. It still needs another software upgrade Frontier said. Even though it's in dmz it's still behind the quantums firewall. I did it that way first and noticed a better connection to bo3, but after putting the r1 first then quantum and connecting everything to the quantum besides xbox there is a huge difference

Dmz on the quantum is crap. It still needs another software upgrade Frontier said. Even though it's in dmz it's still behind the quantums firewall. I did it that way first and noticed a better connection to bo3, but after putting the r1 first then quantum and connecting everything to the quantum besides xbox there is a huge difference

Huge difference being in a gd way? Im not tech savy so what i have is 150/150 speeds so verizon had to come out n hook up diif cables for that speed so i have ethernet and i think its a coax cable the one that ur twist on comming out of the wall so what ur saying is to hook up ethernet that comes out of wall to duma then fios to duma port 1 to port 1

why 

If i ditch the coax cable i lose features on on tv end of fios...

if i can remember correctly, you have coax going from wall to g1100 router, but your tv boxes and phone dont connect to the g1100, have frontier come out and run rj45 from the ota to the wall where your modem sits