NETDUMA R1 "No Internet Access"

I've had my NETDUMA for probably 2 months now. When I originally received it I had no problems. The internet never went out. Recently I haven't been able to use my R1 at all. My internet is up, that isn't the issue. I've been forced to play and use my ISP Modem/Router to even access the internet. When I try to connect to my R1, it will either say I do not have internet access or that I do. But even when it shows that I do have internet access, I can't navigate to websites or even play on my Xbox which is hardwired. I am always able to access the dashboard, and I've contacted support on twitter to try to help me out. I've made sure that my Static setting under WAN is disabled. There is no WAN IP listed under Device Manager. I have done 2 or 3 factory resets, which still didn't work. This entire thing really has been a huge hassle. I'm just not sure what to do.

• Netduma Staff

Welcome to the forum DisMayCOD :)

Can you try the following steps:

1. Turn off ISP router and Netduma.
  2. Wait 10 seconds.
  3. Turn on ISP router.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Turn on Netduma.
  6. Wait 30 seconds.
  7. Try to access the internet. If you can't look at device manager and see if there is a WAN IP :)

2. Wait 10 seconds.
  3. Turn on ISP router.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Turn on Netduma.
  6. Wait 30 seconds.
  7. Try to access the internet. If you can't look at device manager and see if there is a WAN IP :)

Tried this twice and still nothing. Same issue. NETDUMA connection said I had limited access. I could go to the control panel. There was no WAN IP like normal. Still no connection.

2. Wait 10 seconds.
  3. Turn on ISP router.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Turn on Netduma.
  6. Wait 30 seconds.

Wait, I did it one more time and a WAN IP just popped up. I'm confused. Is that good or bad?

• Netduma Staff

I am. I've already ran through all the basic issues. That's the only reason why I posted here. I mean I'm a computer engineering major with some fairly solid networking knowledge and I can't figure this out for the life of me.

What are the results when you run a internet diagnostic on the Netduma? Do any packets get through?

• 5 months later...

Archived