Can't find a game with my wife

Ian88

So I'm in a party with my girl (ops2 ps3) I have us both enabled devices but with only my hosts showing.. And it just searches........ Then eventually we get put into a dead lobby.. So I tried disabling hers and just running off my device still the same... So she left and I searched alone to try get a game for her to jump into.. Straight away hosts left right and centre popping up and I got into a game... It's kinda annoying because we want to be on the same team and 50% of the time when she joins she gets put on the other side... Any suggestions?

I have the same issue but with my brother under the same roof connected to the same router in a party with only the two of us.  I find that it works a little better if the party leader has it enabled only (so my brother would have to disable his), but it still has a hard time matching us than if we were to search for a game solo, and often it would split us up to where one of us gets kicked out of the lobby before we reach it.  This could be compounded by the fact that we both have top 1% kd in TDM so it's harder to match both of us in.  I would like to hear what Netduma staff thinks.  I don't know if it's a bug with the router or if it's an issue with AW's matchmaking, but if I disable Netduma's geofiltering completely it will find like 20-something matches to join right off the bat and we won't have party breakup issues.  For this reason I usually keep the Netduma off but would like to use it.

Let me know if Netduma staff remotely diagnoses and finds the solution; I might have to hit them up if they do.

When you try to search for a game are there any padlocks or yellow triangles that show up in the Geofilter? Is the game AW and do you play any other multiplayer games where this occurs?

• Administrators

My thought would be to ensure 

Person who is party leader console is enabled on Geo, the other persons disabled. 

Both consoles prioritised.

Ensure auto&bleeding edge are ticked and applied, apply even if its done already

Use Chrome/Firefox 

then see how it behaves

I'll try this tonight.. Just to touch on the prioritise bit.. I've just left the sliders at 100% and distribution equal as my bandwidth is plenty.. Or should I still drag more bandwidth equally to each console? As for the other things I have already done it.. Lastly what is the significance in your "is there any padlocks within the geo" question? As I see them alot sometimes I'm quick enough to click on them and give a high rating though

It's definitely trial and error but I would give more prioritization to the two console than anything else like Fraser said. Maybe start at 20 for each console. Then see how it plays. And if no success try maybe 30,40 and so on. Hope this helps.

• Administrators

Does lag compensation counter your say.. Smooth 25ms? So I should always be at an advantage to some that's say 70ms? Because sometimes these slipper fkaz manage to get the jump on me lol

Lol well I'm not too sure If I believe all the theories people talk about but you should be at an advantage with 25ms as thats a great ping

Does lag compensation counter your say.. Smooth 25ms? So I should always be at an advantage to some that's say 70ms? Because sometimes these slipper fkaz manage to get the jump on me lol

Anomalies do happen, it's the internet after all, no one person built the whole thing.  It was more like a lot of hung-over, over-worked and under-appreciated knuckledraggers outside and some hung-over, over-worked, and under-appreciated brainiacs inside. :D

If you have a regular, smooth 25ms ping, you will be winning A LOT of gunfights.  Assuming you don't have a TV with a 4 second input lag and you aren't playing blindfolded with your feet.  :ph34r:

Assuming you don't have a TV with a 4 second input lag 

Haha... you would be lucky to find a tv with as low as 4ms input lag btw. Most are in the 30s and up.. i play on a monitor after wasting years and hundreds of pounds on tvs haha monitors ftw as far as cod is concerned

LOL - Me too.  I bought a BenQ and haven't looked back, but when I read the input specs on my Vizio TV (well into a very bad MP "career") I was floored...... Gaming monitors are for playing games and TV's are for watching other people do shit.... :)

Haha I'm on the same page my friend.. Tvs I still use for like story games uncharted ect.. What BenQ do u use? I've got the benQ rl2455hm.. It's fantastic 1ms responce time! I feel bad for the amount of money I've spent on tvs lol

It is a myth that Tv's can not compete with monitors my Sony has 6ms input lag better than most monitors (not to be confused with responce time which has no corrolation to input lag)

It is a myth that Tv's can not compete with monitors my Sony has 6ms input lag better than most monitors (not to be confused with responce time which has no corrolation to input lag)

maybe the newer tv's.   i had a top of the line (at the time) Sony Bravia which was about 10 years old and ran a test on the lag and it was a big difference between that and my benq.  I'm sure the newer tv's are a lot more efficient now though, especially with their game modes.

Yes the new Sonys are king of TV input lag in their TV range at the mo.

Monitors are to small for my aging eyes or I would probably have a monitor as well.

The game modes are ok I still recommend turning off all post processing off.

Game mode leaves some left on, every ms counts ;)

Archived