COD AW lag

Hi people. I'm new here and new to netduma ! Everything is set up correctly, Bo3 beta on ps4 went ok which is when I got it, now AW is a different story!! I still seem to be getting hit markers on core and insta killed. On HC I still have problems. This is not every game but more than 50%

I've set the ping assist now to 40, strict mode on and a radius of 350 miles from the UK. What am I doing wrong! Or is AW just that bad???

Hi Stiff 78' welcome to the forum.

I play mainly HCKC, and have my PA at 25 and GF at around 1000-1200kms. I find that AW is totally inconsistent for every decent game you get half a dozen poor ones and half a dozen atrocious ones !!

In my experience it also depends on what time you play. I nearly always find myself in French/German and Dutch lobbies if I play during the day usually Spanish hardly ever get players in the UK unless I really dial down the GF and the have to wait ages for a game because of the lobby KC.

So keep trying until you get your settings how you want them and remember AW is an awful game at times

I have been playing AW with Netduma for a few months.  It was playing well with my settings, but AW has gotten worse over the past month.  When BO3 was announced and beta shortly afterwards, more people started playing BO2 which was about 10M from charlieintel.   With decreased players in AW and BO3 beta out.  It only makes since that they started allocating AW servers for BO2 and BO3.  This very well could be part of the problem with AW.  

Do u guys still find 2/3 bar people in you're lobby and games? This happened on BO3 and AW.

Even with strict mode on which is ment to block and stop them getting in! Think my router is just lazy. !!!

I played Aw for the 1st week hated it and haven't touched it since until BO3 beta, it will be my 1st cod I haven't got to top prestige since MW so I'm trying to force myself to play it but really really hate it and can't enjoy it at all.

Pro innocence I sure you are correct about its zero ping but the whole point of this router is to filter out the rubbish connections! So at a PA of 50 this should be fine which it seems for others. I've set from 50 to 30 so I will give it a go! Thanks.

@stiff78 You will find the way the game plays is out of your control, I've sunk in 8 days worth of time on AW most of the time the connection has sucked, some games good but mostly 

random bullshit that we have come to expect from these developers nowadays. However when the ps4 bo3 beta was starting the first night, strangely AW played like it was on lan the whole

night it was the sweetest experience i had all year playing it. i thought woo hoo lets hope this is permanent connection like this.........but no they changed back whatever they did.

This whole time I've played AW daily i'm optimising  this that and the other when in reality it does nothing cause its all on them whatever they do on their end.

Makes sense! I mean if I block what I think is potential bad host anymore I will have no one left in the world to play with. I think this game just sucks! I need to just try and get on with it! Nothing will fix it. It's a shame I though this router was the answer to my prayers !

@stiff78 You will find the way the game plays is out of your control, I've sunk in 8 days worth of time on AW most of the time the connection has sucked, some games good but mostly

random bullshit that we have come to expect from these developers nowadays. However when the ps4 bo3 bets was starting the first night, strangely AW played like it was on lan the whole

night it was the sweetest experience i had all year playing it. i thought woo hoo lets hope this is permanent connection like this.........but no they changed back whatever they did.

This whole time I've played AW daily i'm optimising this that and the other when in reality it does nothing cause its all on them whatever they do on their end.

What I found with BO3 was the 1st 2/3 days it was great! Then they let everyone on to try it! Which each and every year it breaks the game! NOW my whole view of cod is it gets released, people play it and like it within weeks everyone is on it and it just can't handle it and it plays so crap. I've seen this year in year out. So Bo3 will be great for about 7-10days at most.

@ Stiff78 AW is a crap shoot from a game play stand point,sometimes you beast and sometimes your at the bottom of the leader boards.The duma will help greatly with connecting you to a dedi or P2P host in your GF but it can't control th people connect to that same dedi or P2P host.

I set my GF at 400 miles and PA to zero but I'm 85 miles away from a big bank of dedi's in Illinois.If your close to a bank of dedi's set the GF small and see how it goes if not you can always try moving your home location around until you find good gameplay.

Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum Stiff :)

Could you post the information from here. It could be that AW is just a bad game, lol, but hopefully something can be improved :)

Hi Crossy

How do I post the info u asked in here?

Ok I think ive done it

i forgot to say

i pay for 152D

generally get 11Up

post-3949-0-04114100-1441021237_thumb.jpg

post-3949-0-61543200-1441021242_thumb.jpg

post-3949-0-48343900-1441021247_thumb.jpg

post-3949-0-94522800-1441021251_thumb.jpg

1. I would definitely use the snap feature to set your Geo filter range. I would not recommend setting it manually. Make it a small as possible snap it a few times try to get into a lobby. If no lyuck snap one more time and rinse and repeat. Until you reach that sweet spot.

2. Just a heads up. The router is only responsible for your connection with the host. Anyone with poor connections can join your lobby thereby decreasing your experience.

The only way around it is to select the players with poor connections and block them. But I still think they can join your game if they are not host.

so all my info seems to be as it should.

all the boxes are ticked to have good games yet im not. 

at least 50% are rubbish.

shall i just give up trying with AW?

Unfortunately AW uses P2P connections and very low 'server refresh' (tick rate). As far as I know there is only 1 bank of dedicated servers in the vicinity of the UK and it is on the south coast somewhere.

Even with the R1 doing it's best it is pretty much always going to be hit and miss. P2P connections are dubious at best and because the developers have put in lag compensation to try and make things more accurate in terms of packets, you get too many moments where what you see on screen is not what is happening on the server because of lag. For example when walking round a corner and meeting an enemy, you get your gun up and start shooting then just die. On the replay you see the enemy was shooting you before you even had your gun up and you die before you even fire a round. It was a fair kill in terms of the packet data, but for the player on the receiving end of an instadeath it sucks.

That is lag causing your screen to be several MS behind what is actually going on and when the lag comp system resolves the packet data you get instadeath. It is annoying and one of the reasons P2P connections cause so much trouble because they are inherently laggy. The gaming experience on CoD would be far far better if they used proper dedicated boxes for all lobbies.

Having played the BLOPS3 Beta on PS4 it appears to use the same netcode (not that I am surprised). The game is still the same core title that it was years ago and as such has the same inherent problems.

Until they make a CoD with a completely new game engine and netcode, and make sure there are enough dedicated servers for everyone you are going to find it hard to get any consistency, even using an R1. Instadeath and poor hit reg are par for the course I am afraid. Just try and take solace from the fact that everyone else is in the same boat. Pretty shoddy on behalf of the devs/pubs though, considering how many multiple millions of dollars they make from the franchise year after year. But then I guess the shareholders want their piece of the pie.

It seems somewhat dishonest, but some players have said they get better performance by throttling their own connections so the lag comp system finds in their favour. I have never tried this, but apparently it is a 'thing' amongst some CoD players (so I have read).

• Administrators

If you haven't already go to settings > miscellaneous and enable auto and bleeding edge cloud and click apply. This will get you the latest cloud update and should see more games available hopefully. I would say that you could mess around with the settings, moving your location, strict off, PA off etc, its all about finding the right settings for you :)

Believe me I've played with all you have mentioned! Strict On/off PA big/small GEO big/small

nothing seems to do much!

I honestly can't tell if it's helping or not!

I still get hit-markers

I still get shot round corners

I still empty clips into people (core)

I have good game and bad games!

All of this was present before the DUMA

I can have the same experience with it there or not.

So really the question is was it a waste of money? As I can have the same results without it?

I want it to work! I want to believe it stops lag but I'm not really seeing massive benefits !

I've had really laggy games where it skips and jumps. Strict mode on small ping and people with 2/3 bar connections in my game? So what's the Duma doing if it's allowing all this to still happen!

I JUST DONT GET IT!

• Administrators

Are you keeping in mind anti-cheat when you're doing this, if not changing those settings and going in immediately will most likely put you in the same game. What are the pings to the games you are getting on average? You can't block other peoples bad connections, if they are closer to you the host will generally be a lot smoother as theres less distance to travel. 

Are you keeping in mind anti-cheat when you're doing this, if not changing those settings and going in immediately will most likely put you in the same game. What are the pings to the games you are getting on average? You can't block other peoples bad connections, if they are closer to you the host will generally be a lot smoother as theres less distance to travel. 

Indeed, generally that is true, but it does not help if the hosts closer to you are artificially throttling their own connections to try and gain an advantage with the lag comp mechanics.

Personally I am not convinced there are any real benefits of doing this, or at least I wasn't until I played the BLOPS3 Beta. For some reason I was constantly being put in lobbies on the east coast of the USA (I'm based in UK) and I would be having better games on those lobbies over lobbies I connected to on mainland Europe. I was pinging well over 100MS to the east coast, probably in the region of 120-150MS yet the game felt less laggy than it did in Euro lobbies. I know right, go figure? For whatever reason the lag comp system was working in my favour in US lobbies to the extent I had some of my best games there.

Fraser In game ping is always good! any settings that are changed are done then the game would typically be played for a few hours. Any further changes would be tested over many games/hours

Im on night at the mo, played late last night with an increased PA from 30 to 50 and it played really good!

Haven't found the magic setting for me yet!!! I will keep trying.

Archived