the biggest cod channel, by the numbers of subs, has a Duma

lukasz

I know many of you guys dont like him but... Ali A is using Netduma router. On his lates setup vid scroll to about 2 3 min in and see what is sitting on that pool tabel.

https://youtu.be/SJMBtybEnRQ

Now i hope i dont break any laa here but at this same time its pubilc on his main channel.

I don't mind Ali-A. He can be a little bit 'chuffed' in some videos, but his videos are rarely sub-par. I do think a lot of people have sour grapes over his success and therefore give him a hard time just for the sake of it. He wouldn't be popular if he was doing it wrong! Not that I openly watch his videos, I just don't understand why people give him a hard time.

Saying that, it's odd how he's not mentioned he has the R1. It isn't plugged in in the video so maybe he hasn't yet installed it and experienced it's awesomeness?

Either that or he's not affiliated with Netduma in terms of sponsorship - so he can't talk about the product?

I know Drift0r uses one and openly talks about it but he is sponsored by Netduma.

I just like the fact that the R1 is gaining popularity in the online gaming scene, Ali-A plug or not.

People don't like him (and tmart) because they are tools of Activision. There is no honesty in what they say. And they are just rather annoying.

Then again I find the biggest youtuber on the planet annoying as all hell. Must be a formula there, be annoying and spastic, attract kiddies.

I know Drift0r uses one and openly talks about it but he is sponsored by Netduma.

I just like the fact that the R1 is gaining popularity in the online gaming scene, Ali-A plug or not.

Drif0r previously couldn't talk about the Duma as well so it's more than likely the same thing.

Good stuff tho!

I'm sure a lot more you tubers are using them than we know.Everyone seems to be slow to mention that their set up includes the duma,which still pisses me off... :angry:

I just feel people are shady when it comes to that stuff.When scuf's first came out you heard very little talk from the big YT guys about having them,but they were all using them.To me it's the same thing,if netduma puts out a great product (which they do) and people use it to enhance their gameplay (which they do) they should be up front about it and mention the product that helps them have the games they have.To me this would help out netduma as a company and allow they to sell even more unit's and become a household name when it comes to gaming.As we all want to see Iain,Luke and the boys be huge in the industry and things like that would help...IMO

• Administrators

Cheers Fuzzy, love the support we have here. Have to pinch myself sometimes. In early Dec I would have been so grateful to sell over 10 units, and now we have a whole army of support is truly the most amazing thing :D

I wanted to ask this here to Ian, or other Netduma staff:

If I start streaming BO3, or other games on Twitch in the Fall... Can I openly and legally talk about the Netduma router?

I am not officially affiliated with them, obviously, but I would like to know the company's stance on individual gamers like me promoting is since Drift0r is the only one who is up front about it. I would like to (be allowed) to mention it because as others said, it's a AAA product that is growing, but could explode if it had the right exposure.

I also  have a female friend who I know would be a hit with gamers and be the perfect spokesperson for the R1 a.k.a. get viewers because of her gameplay and her good looks ;)

If you make your living making videos about gameplay, you'd be an outright idiot to do it without a product that optimizes the lobbies you are playing.  That is a highly linear, easy to explain, business expense right there.

My problem with any of the "big youtube gameplay commentators" is once they get an invite to a pre-anything, they become mouthpieces.  You find a video of any one of them saying "Ghosts was a great step forward", or "AW is a great game" and you know immediately you have a sell out on your hands.

On the other side, you have the people just waiting in line to get a big mouthful of the corporate cock (like Biblical Reaper or two dozen others) that they can't be trusted.

Bottom line, if someone NEVER has anything bad to say about something, you should be suspicious.  Sex is still one of the most popular items to chase on the planet, and yet EVERYONE has a story about someone who did them wrong while chasing it, got it and it wasn't worth the trouble, or won't give them some in the first place.  Just sayin.....

People don't like him (and tmart) because they are tools of Activision. There is no honesty in what they say. And they are just rather annoying.

Then again I find the biggest youtuber on the planet annoying as all hell. Must be a formula there, be annoying and spastic, attract kiddies.

^This.

It's not jealousy... Well, for people our age,  I assume. It's the fact Ali-A, and TMartn are blatant shills who never say anything bad about anything they are promoting (for obvious reasons). 

^This.

It's not jealousy... Well, for people our age,  I assume. It's the fact Ali-A, and TMartn are blatant shills who never say anything bad about anything they are promoting (for obvious reasons). 

So true,never heard either one of them say a bad word about any COD game.Every new release is the best game ever and they're always so excited to get it.Which is why lots of people can't stomach either one of them...including me.If something's ass,say it's ass

So true,never heard either one of them say a bad word about any COD game.Every new release is the best game ever and they're always so excited to get it.Which is why lots of people can't stomach either one of them...including me.If something's ass,say it's ass

I watched a Drift0r live stream the other day and he openly said that CoD Ghosts seriously made him think about stopping making CoD content videos because the response from the public was so bad. I love his honesty, especially for a successful Youtuber.

Drift0r is not that honest, though.

He said that two years after Ghosts had been dead and buried. He never once said it was a bad game before, or during the release cycle.

He's fully on board with the BO3 hype train because his and his wife's lively hood depends on CoD.

The difference between a successful gaming entertainer (Twitch, YT) is one who does NOT specialize in any particular title. They may play one game more than others, but the ability to adapt and play multiple games (and genres) on different systems is the key to success as a digital entertainer whose primary source is games, IMHO.

Drift0r is not that honest, though.

He said that two years after Ghosts had been dead and buried. He never once said it was a bad game before, or during the release cycle.

He's fully on board with the BO3 hype train because his and his wife's lively hood depends on CoD.

The difference between a successful gaming entertainer (Twitch, YT) is one who does NOT specialize in any particular title. They may play one game more than others, but the ability to adapt and play multiple games (and genres) on different systems is the key to success as a digital entertainer whose primary source is games, IMHO.

I'll be honest, I completely missed Ghosts (mainly because my friends were so disappointed by it) so I was unaware of the 'non Ghosts hate' from Drift0r at the time.

I still think he needs to be given credit where credit is due though. 

He's never, 'super excited' and nothing is ever, 'crazy mad sick bro' - which some of the other popular YT's always seem to be. His original opinion on Advanced Supply Drops separated him from those IMO.

• Administrators

I wanted to ask this here to Ian, or other Netduma staff:

If I start streaming BO3, or other games on Twitch in the Fall... Can I openly and legally talk about the Netduma router?

I am not officially affiliated with them, obviously, but I would like to know the company's stance on individual gamers like me promoting is since Drift0r is the only one who is up front about it. I would like to (be allowed) to mention it because as others said, it's a AAA product that is growing, but could explode if it had the right exposure.

I also  have a female friend who I know would be a hit with gamers and be the perfect spokesperson for the R1 a.k.a. get viewers because of her gameplay and her good looks ;)

Hey J, of course you can talk about it! The only thing that would be kind of frustrating would be if someone was to give a negative review because they haven't set up the router correctly and didn't ask for any support

Well to be honest, I don't think Drifty would get excited of he won the lottery, inherited a small island nation and was getting blown by Jennifer Lawrence

Toss in an 8ball into that equation and I bet he'd be all Marion Barry.

Archived