3arc never really did make a good CoD

procreate

just played some BO1 tonight and the lag man... oh the horror... i remember when it was in its prime hit detection was atrocious. now that im [even[ older its plain lag and piss poor network engine. plus the game is super simple and really slow, but the lag... its always been there for 3arc, i doubt BO3 will be any better.

Before Black Ops 1 there was no lag in call of duty. This is five years of laggy and inconsistent gaming, and you're going to tell me that it's not done on purpose? If I can have a smooth game play experience in rocket league which has way more overloaded servers then there is no reason why a billion dollar franchise can't hire developers who can fix a networking problem in the game. So, they don't want to fix it. When have you ever heard a lag related question brought up in any of these game interviews with the devs? Never. They ignore that it is even a problem. Because for them, it's what let's that 12 year old playing cod for the first time go 30-2 and get addicted to it $$$$$$$. Meanwhile the pro who's been playing since COD2 can't shoot said 12 year old if he was standing still.

The lag generally comes from the lag compensation required to balance the connection when you are playing against people with very bad connections so it doesnt completely make it unplayable, yet it just doesnt really work. BO2 was a fun game, had good maps and good guns but the snipers were overpowered and the hit detection, oh wow...

I really hope for BO3 they get it right, with the next gen power and potential they should hopefully crack it but some youtubers have been saying the beta hit detection has been a bit off

The lag generally comes from the lag compensation required to balance the connection when you are playing against people with very bad connections so it doesnt completely make it unplayable, yet it just doesnt really work. BO2 was a fun game, had good maps and good guns but the snipers were overpowered and the hit detection, oh wow...

I really hope for BO3 they get it right, with the next gen power and potential they should hopefully crack it but some youtubers have been saying the beta hit detection has been a bit off

I'm looking forward to the game and gonna have fun with it, but admit it was a little let down when during gamescom even one of the announcers said "Hit markers for dayyyyyys". 

There are way to many variables to try and figure out "why" the game has latency,or if the devs can't or don't know how to fix or adjust it.All we know is there is latency and plenty of it but not in every game,sometimes your the steamroller and sometimes your the pavement.Which leads me back to my previous statement about there being way to many variables to explain why it is the way it is,but I like everyone else would love to know the secret... :angry:

just played some BO1 tonight and the lag man... oh the horror... i remember when it was in its prime hit detection was atrocious. now that im [even[ older its plain lag and piss poor network engine. plus the game is super simple and really slow, but the lag... its always been there for 3arc, i doubt BO3 will be any better.

I can confirm this, partially. Lately, I've been playing some rounds of BO1 on XBOX360 and sometimes it felt like my crosshair is pulling me off the target.

Was pretty annoying, but I think that doesn't mean it will be the same for BO3. Maybe TreyArch has something positively changed, because this is a nextgen title.

We will see it in November 2015.  :)

EDIT: I've seen an improvement in gameplay, when I've throttled my upload speed using the congestion control of my Netduma in addition to the geofilter.
I've set my upload to 5%. Maybe this can help others too. Just give it a try.

Its funny. I was wrecking in ghosts and mw3 and put in bo1, hitmarkers for days!

Ghosts was decent for the built in engine lag, but when you had a bad connection it really showed in that game. I usually had pretty solid connections, but the friends in my party would record clips of them unloading into people and it didn't count.

Different places with different internet connections from your neighbours in your Geo-filter region can add up to the already bad experience.
Being the only one on Fibre vs neighbours still on cable, dial up and more can easily get you lag compensated.
2ms vs 87ms, 102ms, 54ms, 115ms, 91ms, 136ms
will easily get you lag compensated.

But honestly, I still remember going from MW2 to BO1 and what a HUGE transition it was with me getting hit and miss hitmarkers. And then going to MW3 where even 1 person with a high ping can ruin the game for all of us with it's even higher Lag Compensation values. But I did have better hitmarkers with MW3 than I did with BO1 and that caused me to have great scores and K/D on MW3 with my Fibre connection and also because of it's Ping Based search algorithm vs BO1's region based algorithm.

How I can't thank Netduma enough for actually making a true gaming router vs all those 'supposed' gaming routers by Asus and all when all they were, are just QOS routers.

Different places with different internet connections from your neighbours in your Geo-filter region can add up to the already bad experience.

Being the only one on Fibre vs neighbours still on cable, dial up and more can easily get you lag compensated.

2ms vs 87ms, 102ms, 54ms, 115ms, 91ms, 136ms

will easily get you lag compensated.

But honestly, I still remember going from MW2 to BO1 and what a HUGE transition it was with me getting hit and miss hitmarkers. And then going to MW3 where even 1 person with a high ping can ruin the game for all of us with it's even higher Lag Compensation values. But I did have better hitmarkers with MW3 than I did with BO1 and that caused me to have great scores and K/D on MW3 with my Fibre connection and also because of it's Ping Based search algorithm vs BO1's region based algorithm.

How I can't thank Netduma enough for actually making a true gaming router vs all those 'supposed' gaming routers by Asus and all when all they were, are just QOS routers.

MW3 was the game you faired better loading down your connection. its the ultimate game to stream on. or DL torrents, or watch YT/netflix/hulu while playing.

MW2 was great on connection, it was the BS in that game that just sucked.

BO1 i remember in its prime, and there was a 500k+ player pool at any given time was horrible at best with its hitboxes. i never really was sure where the player actually was.

it was sort of fun to play for a moment being so old and simple... but it grew tiring quickly as the lag set in.

holy long commentary batman! i got through 9min of it but he seems pretty dead on so far.

edit: just made it through. wow, covered so much stuff. the end is epic. would be interesting to hear a bdftw+ovenbakedmuffin podcast.

One of the main (technical) reasons for the increased lag after MW2 is because Activision fired the lead netcode programmer at IW who worked on ALL the games. So, this is why the BO series of games play like crap. This includes AW since it is part of the BO branch of the modified Q3 engine.

BDobins did another video about the state of CoD, and the main thing a lot of people ignore is the game itself needs to evolve, or it won't survive for much longer.

CoD is too simplistic for a lot of gamers... Especially, older gamers who are looking for a real challenge. This flaw was exposed exponentially in AW because all there is to do in AW is kill. If you aren't killing, you aren't having fun... Versus other games like Halo 3, where even if you go negative, you still have a blast. This is CoD's biggest obstacle, but Activision refuses to admit it... Yet the series keeps falling in sales each year.

Games like BF4, Halo and others offer more "complex" (relatively speaking) game play. This is what keeps people coming back for more: Mastering new and fun things to do in the core game. Not just grinding for pointless Prestiges, or camo unlocks. SHG tried to get around this with RNG Supply Drops and variants, but it's not enough to fool a lot of sophisticated gamers at this point in time.

CoD is point and shoot. Literally. There is no bullet drop, the maps are not complex e.g. they don't offer a lot of interactivity to enhance the game play like Halo maps do that are real-time puzzles that can effect the tide of battle depending on who solves the puzzle first.

The simplicity is one reason CoD appeals to mostly 10-year olds... Which is not  an exaggeration, or insult. My cousin is 10, and he loves AW because of how EASY it is to get kills with the EM1, and other OP weapons like the OHM. He's never played a game that  requires more than "point and shoot", but... Most of us and older gamers (teens, 20somethings) have and they want a challenge to keep them coming back. This is also why the most common complaint I hear about AW across the internet is... "AW is boring"... Because it is. And this is because the game play has not evolved past the scorestreaks and perks. Those were innovative eight years ago, but not anymore since most games have similar elements in them now along with more complex game play, too.

holy long commentary batman! i got through 9min of it but he seems pretty dead on so far.

edit: just made it through. wow, covered so much stuff. the end is epic. would be interesting to hear a bdftw+ovenbakedmuffin podcast.

Agreed and I am only a third of the way there so far.

Archived