AW downloading update file

bagsta69

Just started dling update file of 5.485GB and said gonna take 11 hours, followed a suggestion to change mtu settings and it jumped to 32 hours. Set mtu back to auto and its now saying 23 minutes left.

Network monitor jumped from 2.1 mbit to 31 mbit

22 minutes left

wtf is that all about ??? lol

Mtu is the packet size usualy 1432 1492 or 1500

Strange how that would affect it in such a big way.

I think sometimes timers are way out like when you start a 10gb transfer on windows from a pen drive it will say 4 hours then actually do it in 10mins.

This is one of the reasons I hope we won't go 100% digital. Some of the download times I've seen on PS4 are ridiculous.

Bags, I dunno about the MTU stuff, but few things you could try.

Pausing and resuming the D/L until you see a significant reduction in estimated time to finish.

Restarting the PS4

Or, setting the PS4 to D/L in standby mode.

1st and 3rd seem to be your best chance of success.

Say a little prayer to the BIG DOG upstairs for me, because I gotta try this on a 2.5Mbps connection tmrw night.

This is one of the reasons I hope we won't go 100% digital. Some of the download times I've seen on PS4 are ridiculous.

Bags, I dunno about the MTU stuff, but few things you could try.

Pausing and resuming the D/L until you see a significant reduction in estimated time to finish.

Restarting the PS4

Or, setting the PS4 to D/L in standby mode.

1st and 3rd seem to be your best chance of success.

Say a little prayer to the BIG DOG upstairs for me, because I gotta try this on a 2.5Mbps connection tmrw night.

Shit dude, id set that going over night man, im back to 6 minutes now so if this keeps going it will have taken around 2 hours or more on a 28 dl rate. But cheers fir the tips bud.

No worries man :). I reckon BO3 beta will be here just when my D/L's finishing, so that's something to look forward to lol

HAHAHAHA pmsl, I gotta lose 2 days of the beta going to a Godamn wedding.

I could post the update to you, might be quicker. lol

Only 17 hours left to go for me and it's the one night my wife and kids are at a friends overnight. I could have played for 3 hours straight! I am cursed.

That's strange how it took so long. The actual game gave me the shaft on release along the same lines. I went digital this time (I won't do it again if I can help it and I already have my juggernog reserved). It took 23 hours to finish. I was pissed.

Also strange how my buddy in Connecticut downloaded it in about 12 minutes. He does have about 100 DL rate but still compared to my 28 DL I should have got it a bit quicker than nearly 3 hours.

Archived