Will netduma release new hardware?

lamara

Hello, i just recently joined and was wondering does netduma have any future plans on releasing a new router? I am literally two steps away from buying it, but I am afraid to spend the money on the old hardware just to see the new one come out shortly after. 

Shouldn't be too long before an official NetDuma rep can speak to this question, but I can offer the following.  The staff have all been really focused on software upgrades, based on a lot of customer feedback.  At no point have they even hinted at doing any sort of hardware re-sourcing.

That said, I will be looking forward to them weighing in on this also, because I like new stuff and frequently add it to my collection..  It's a medical condition called "Shiny Kit Syndrome". :D

i doubt it, the current hardware offers all the community asked for so far (except for maybe 5ghz wifi, and the next firmware will feature 900mbit support too)

aside from that the current hardware has proven to be working, releasing a new hardware would mean new risks in hardware failure as well as support for two router platforms which would push the currently small developer-team even further away from programming work

the R1 isnt very old yet, therefore id say its save to assume they will  ride the wave for a little bit longer to stock up in funds and software milestones to prepare the next big thing

overall it just would not make much sense to release a new hardware anytime soon

if anything i could imagine a redesign of the router-case to increase its attraction

i doubt it, the current hardware offers all the community asked for so far (except for maybe 5ghz wifi, and the next firmware will feature 900mbit support too)

aside from that the current hardware has proven to be working, releasing a new hardware would mean new risks in hardware failure as well as support for two router platforms which would push the currently small developer-team even further away from programming work

the R1 isnt very old yet, therefore id say its save to assume they will ride the wave for a little bit longer to stock up in funds and software milestones to prepare the next big thing

overall it just would not make much sense to release a new hardware anytime soon

if anything i could imagine a redesign of the router-case to increase its attraction

I love the current look of the router,I find it retro looking

I love the current look of the router,I find it retro looking

Let's add that to the list of features for this router :P

• Retro styling brings you back to simpler times when you didn't take multiplayer gaming as seriously

--

I wish they would make the casing black.  Is this router exterior generic and do they have black casing for it?

• Netduma Staff

Right, thanks guys. I am going to go ahead and get it. Fingers crossed gaming experience would improve :D

Thats awesome to hear, hopefully it will  :) Once you get it - if you need any help -  feel free to post your questions on the forum :)

• Administrators

Awesome to hear you're getting it lamara! Just to weigh in on the hardware question. Right now the hardware does everything we need it to do, its well tested, the wifi is strong, reliable and has great range. With our new update coming out in a few weeks that includes 900mbps+ speeds plus other great features/fixes, we're pushing the R1's hardware to its limits. I can't say that we won't release new hardware as we probably will at some point but I don't know when that would be. 

Archived