Bufferbloat

spoofy

I am having trouble with fine tuning the r3 to fix bufferbloat. I was previously using an OpenWRT router and getting A+ scores. Now I have gone with the netduma r3 and getting B rating. Is there anything i can do to fix the score? with my other router i feel snappy and with this r3 it seems floaty.

any tips on fixing bufferbloat?

@DARKNESSthe bypass seems to reset after a reboot and when i reboot sometimes smartboost isn't there and i have to refresh to get it back and then the bypass setting resets.. 

upgraded to 4.0.23.   didn't help the fact that it is still not throttling my speeds.

11 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@spoofyYou mean it not loading up shows a blank on the bottom blinking correct? If so try disabling SMARTBOOST and re enabling it that may help last resort is hard resetting.

no  after a reboot smartboost doesn't show and it only blinks when smartboost is disabled. but did a hard reset twice already no sign of throttling. also tried disabling smartboost and reenabling it.. nothing 

@spoofyI’m having the same issue as well. The only thing that kind of helped me is changing my primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4 on the R3 and disabling upstream DNS. Also change DNS on the PC/console you’re running the bufferbloat test on. Unfortunately this will not solve the throttling issue. Hope this helps some until we get a proper update.

Hey @spoofy,

Make sure you have IPV6 disabled as well.. Check and make sure that you have that fully disabled on LAN and WAN..

My R3 is throttling using Waveform.. Ping Optimizer is currently not working..

If you follow the screenshots of what @Fuzy posted that should get you in the right direction..

Manually adjust the sliders until you achieve the best results..

If you are further having issues post back for further assistance..  @Netduma Fraser and the staff are away for the holidays but Fraser checks in every so often..

Thanks!

Zippy.

• Administrators

Congestion Control should definitely be throttling if you have lowered the percentages, set it to Always and have disabled Speed Test Bypass. What browser/device are you using to make changes?

As above if it's still not helping disable IPv6 for WAN/LAN and try again please

14 hours ago, spoofy said:

Thanks everyone. Got back to A+ scores and disabling IPv6 seemed to have fixed my issues. 

Am using Google Chrome and my nasa pc :)

I second that, disabling IPv6 fixes the issue.

BUT 

there is a BUT. Disabling IPv6, disconnects the devices connected to wifi.

15 minutes ago, Eefo said:

I second that, disabling IPv6 fixes the issue.

BUT 

there is a BUT. Disabling IPv6 on WAN, disconnects the devices connected to wifi. So i enabled it back for WAN and tested bufferbloat again, and it gave me A+.

It don’t really disable them it just takes a few minutes to start working again for some reason, when I disabled them I have it like 5 mins then rebooted my router and wifi started working again

Just now, x12Tyler said:

It don’t really disable them it just takes a few minutes to start working again for some reason, when I disabled them I have it like 5 mins then rebooted my router and wifi started working again

did you disable both WAN and LAN?
I guess rebooting router will do the trick.

1 minute ago, Eefo said:

did you disable both WAN and LAN?
I guess rebooting router will do the trick.

Yeah I disabled both but it did make the wifi stop working both times I’ve did it but after a few minutes I just rebooted the router and the wifi started working again

1 minute ago, x12Tyler said:

Yeah I disabled both but it did make the wifi stop working both times I’ve did it but after a few minutes I just rebooted the router and the wifi started working again

Thank you for the information, Will follow same steps and will update here.