The New R3 is so good, I worry about what your competitors will do now!

Mrbchambers

I think it is that good. PIng optimiser 2.0 has given me back playability, even when our American friends jump on our servers, i'm still able to have a competitive game. The new geofilter is brilliant too, its made multiplayer gaming something I want to do again.

I don't want to appear to be blowing smoke where is shouldn't be blown, but this is the best gaming router on the market bar none, and I should know I own a few.

Just to add a bit of balance, I did have some teething problems in the beginning, though this was down to operator error, and shouldn't be a reflection of the R3. 

I think you have done a brilliant job, and all the team should be very proud.

Thank you and seasons greetings to you all, enjoy the time off, you deserve it.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, mohands said:

There is no competitors to Duma os. I have tried them all. They are providing very good hardware, but in terms of the software, the Duma os is the dominant. They are miles behind Duma os

Boom!!! now thats what im talking about! :D  Well said mohands!  I agree DumaOS is the dominate force.. There is no other out there like Netduma! ;) 

Netduma is the superior OS. Thats why I love these guys so much!  They bring what most call a dream to life!

Zippy.

On 12/29/2023 at 4:29 AM, mohands said:

There is no competitors to Duma os. I have tried them all. They are providing very good hardware, but in terms of the software, the Duma os is the dominant. They are miles behind Duma os

I think I was generalising, though I do believe, there are other gaming routers out there, and there was/is (I don't want to get political) a coalition between Netduma and Nighthawk, and only these guys know where that is going. Also I don't believe the Netduma team think there are no competitors out there?

I do stand by what I said in the context it was given, also I think this is very important; if there are other gamers out there that are still using other "gaming routers", that's a shame for them, and we should pass on our experience (I have told all my mates, family, general passersby, and anyone else who will listen), that the R3 is a must have for gamers. Then these guys will be able to further develop the R series and who knows where we will be in the coming years. Bring on the R27!

Happy New year, and I hope it is really good for you all.

P.s. I know the R27 is a missile!

I tested the ROG gaming routers from Asus and from Tplink. Both are producing gaming routers with software that is supposed to be serving gaming. In fact, their software has nothing to show except some fancy graphics. They are providing a robust hardware specs, but this is not the game change. The router specs don't need to be more powerful; the software is more important than the hardware. Actually, I bought the R3 for the steady ping option. This option for me is a game change.

1 hour ago, mohands said:

I tested the ROG gaming routers from Asus and from Tplink. Both are producing gaming routers with software that is supposed to be serving gaming. In fact, their software has nothing to show except some fancy graphics. They are providing a robust hardware specs, but this is not the game change. The router specs don't need to be more powerful; the software is more important than the hardware. Actually, I bought the R3 for the steady ping option. This option for me is a game change.

I couldn't agree more. I have bought so many routers from so many manufacturers (Asus and TPLink included), only ever tested them as an end user, no benchmarking or anything like that. Just using them and thinking that they may be better than what I was using before, though this was probably the placebo effect more than anything, and after a short time it wore off.

Around the middle of last year, online gaming for me was at an all time low, and I really did believe that I was going to stop playing multiplayer PVP games, possibly even PVE games too, there seemed to be just agitation, and frustration. Always lowest K/D, ADS killed etc. I am retired and gaming is a big part of what I do in the incredible amount of free time I have, my friends and family told me you are getting on, slowing down is a part of that, you can't expect to beat the younger more agile gamers out there, you'll just have to accept it, you old so and so!

Though it all changed for me when I got access to QOS 2.0 on the R2, and then the R3 came out, and revolutionised gaming for me, I really aren't exaggerating, its like I have a new skill set. Getting higher K/D and ADS kills than my much younger friends/family is not only pleasing for me, but its annoying them, and they think I am cheating, though we know better!

I am sure steady ping is a massive part of what has aided the benefits I now reap, although I do not have enough current knowledge to comment technically, as I do have a background in telecommunications, and networking, I stopped being involved in IT networking and infrastructure in 2000, and it feels like a whole new science has grown up around it. I would still like to be involved, even if it is to say "This R3 is the Dogs doodahs.", which it is!