MW3 Topic | How is the new game treating yall, and ETC.

ownal0t

If MWIII is at all playable for anyone what's your setup like? It is the worst connection i have ever experienced in a call of duty. People that used to go 0.3kd in MWII are shitting on me it's that bad. What's your secret?

I didn't bother to get it. It was obviously ganna be a half assed game since it took place in middle of a merger.

Games still under contract to Sony, (1st access to  beta) , this game is here to milk the player base.

I'll be looking at the next cod game though since MS will have it fully under their control.

Cod sucks anyways look at the hoops you have to jump through to get it to work right.

Plus it artificially manipulates you, ha. That's not a game for the player it's a game for the dev on how to work the players wallet.

Hard pass. 

For those that did get it.... 

Enjoy

It's a part 2 of MW2.

-all my game setting remained from the previous game

-all unlocked weapon and skins still there

- playing on the same servers

-being matched from the beginning with high skilled players from MW2

-lag comp feels exactly the same

-old maps from the last 12 years

Same as on MW2 can't play in lobbies below 30ms. Have to force 60-80ms games to make it playable.

5 hours ago, SableEU said:

Pretty decent for me.

throttled internet to 5mbps download and 0.5 upload and force a server with 30-40 ping. Hit detection is crisp.

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but what does throttling your speed do? Also, is it possible to do this for just MW3 in the DumaOS settings, or do you have to throttle the whole network?

1 hour ago, killianbell said:

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but what does throttling your speed do? Also, is it possible to do this for just MW3 in the DumaOS settings, or do you have to throttle the whole network?

No you change the speeds of the device, and untick share excess.

16 hours ago, SableEU said:

Pretty decent for me.

throttled internet to 5mbps download and 0.5 upload and force a server with 30-40 ping. Hit detection is crisp.

Have you prioritised ports? device? gaming/voice? normal? / apply to wan?

I haven't had a single good game and I'm around level 40. KD went from 3 > 1

It is the worst cod I have ever played connection wise. Classic feel like half a second behind the enemy, it's really noticeable with the higher ttk

On 11/12/2023 at 6:47 AM, SableEU said:

Pretty decent for me.

Could you please explain how you “force a server” within a ping range? I know you can set your Ping Assist value to be under a certain threshold. But what method do you use to pick, and only use servers that are within a desired range?
Because I actually experience better gameplay with higher ping levels. For example when I’m in a under 20 ping game my hit detection is bad. But when I play on higher ping games like the 30-40 range you stated I have much better results. 
So I’d really like to know how I could essentially select a range for my Ping Assist to only find games that are 30-40?

17 hours ago, Jumppy_15 said:

Could you please explain how you “force a server” within a ping range? I know you can set your Ping Assist value to be under a certain threshold. But what method do you use to pick, and only use servers that are within a desired range?
Because I actually experience better gameplay with higher ping levels. For example when I’m in a under 20 ping game my hit detection is bad. But when I play on higher ping games like the 30-40 range you stated I have much better results. 
So I’d really like to know how I could essentially select a range for my Ping Assist to only find games that are 30-40?

Just test all the servers individually like I did and geo fence them servers that give the desired ping.

1 hour ago, SableEU said:

Just test all the servers individually like I did and geo fence them servers that give the desired ping.

Did you use the Ping Heatmap for that, or you tested one by one after connecting to them during a game?