Start Downloading Windows 10 today (29/7/2015)

RADDY1993

Thanks for the update! :)

But I'd rather not force it though in case this is actually the 'Beta' version where you'll be on that Beta for the rest of your life until they choose to terminate the beta any time they want. :/

But I'd rather not force it though in case this is actually the 'Beta' version where you'll be on that Beta for the rest of your life until they choose to terminate the beta any time they want. :/

I will let you know as im at 90% :)

Bro. I just ran a windows update without doing anything in that video and just press Check Update and there it was. Hahaha

Bro. I just ran a windows update without doing anything in that video and just press Check Update and there it was. Hahaha

I tried that before also but was not there, i read that UK may not get today but im not sure. I amd halfway through the preparing for in installation stage at the mo :).

341d3425e8.png

I don't know whether to update now and hope it doesn't screw anything up.  Or, just wait a while for any major bugs to be found and squashed.

First world problems eh.

Guys that way gave me an error but have found new way  :), i have edited this thread to the new way which seems much better.

Careful. I was running into BSOD thanks to my Eset Antivirus the moment I looked up at what was causing the BSOD.
It's all fine now so it's more about getting used to this new design.

I am making a system back up of my C: drive before I go down this road :)

I will try and force it tonight when I am home.

Zennon. You really will not have to worry.

In the recovery menu, you can choose to downgrade back to Windows 8.1 But this option will only be available for 1 month.

Or you can look at it under the recovery settings.

WEcWe98.png

I'd wait a couple of patches before downloading. Some bugs in it. Just saying.

Windows 10 has been tested since the beginning of 2015 all the way till July by the Windows 10 beta testers that any of us could apply.

So it's actually really stable and really fast. The issue with my Eset's Firewall seems to have gone away after I went into safe mode and disabled it at Startup and then once I boot back into Windows, I just enable it again and do a few restarts just to be sure. And everything is fine and dandy.

i wouldnt update, last time i read the update requirements it said its a one year free OS and then you need to pay, you re not getting a free OS when upgrading to windows10

aside from that too much games from microsoft and especially the xbox one itself have been pushed out too early, therefore id wait and see how buggy the OS is

i wouldnt update, last time i read the update requirements it said its a one year free OS and then you need to pay, you re not getting a free OS when upgrading to windows10

aside from that too much games from microsoft and especially the xbox one itself have been pushed out too early, therefore id wait and see how buggy the OS is

I would agree that it is still buggy.

But.. the other point that you mentioned is wrong.

Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users can upgrade to Windows 10 for free. But this offer is only limited to one year.

After the upgrade window, if you want to upgrade to Windows 10, you will have to buy it like as if it is brand new.

But.. As long as you have upgraded to Windows 10 now instead of after the upgrade window, then it is free forever. It is not a yearly subscription or anything and you won't be charged as long as you upgrade within this 'Free Upgrade' period.

Just that, I would highly recommend you make a new recovery image based on Windows 10 in case of an OS corruption or a virus. Where you can then restore your Windows to the new Windows 10 image instead of the Windows 7/8 CD that comes with your package.

I am making a system back up of my C: drive before I go down this road :)

I will try and force it tonight when I am home.

Zen it should be in your updates now as i just re-installed Windows 8.1 and it asked straight away to free upgrade. It's downloading as we speak, i did the force update way and it worked fine and installed only trouble was it would not activate so i went back to 8.1 and bam its doing its thing. Iread if you dont let the proper update install it you need a product key and mines in Bios so couldnt be arsed to mess around.

I had to use the MS tool to start the process https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

And oh yes a back up is needed I know MS and I know what MS updates do to customers machines on a daily basis , i cant wait for the influx of new work this will cause , rubs hands [/evil_laugh]

I forced the download using that tool as well, currently on Windows 10 on my desktop, seems to have carried over all my files and installed games etc, no issues so far :)

Good to hear Fraser, the DL is slow, MS servers doing over time.

Are your machines saying its activated ?

Archived