Start Downloading Windows 10 today (29/7/2015)

RADDY1993

I would agree that it is still buggy.

But.. the other point that you mentioned is wrong.

Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users can upgrade to Windows 10 for free. But this offer is only limited to one year.

After the upgrade window, if you want to upgrade to Windows 10, you will have to buy it like as if it is brand new.

But.. As long as you have upgraded to Windows 10 now instead of after the upgrade window, then it is free forever. It is not a yearly subscription or anything and you won't be charged as long as you upgrade within this 'Free Upgrade' period.

Just that, I would highly recommend you make a new recovery image based on Windows 10 in case of an OS corruption or a virus. Where you can then restore your Windows to the new Windows 10 image instead of the Windows 7/8 CD that comes with your package.

thanks thats good to know, then ill give it half a year and see how well it runs then before i upgrade :)

installed it earlier, had a little mess about with it ,put the lid down for a bit and it wouldn't wake up when i opened it back up .

i gave it plenty of chance to aswell but i had to press and hold the power switch in the end and restart my laptop

it seems somewhat slow and cortana won't even launch a tune from your drive

Mine stops at 92% of the upgrade every time.

I've downloaded the usb version to try that out for size.

My hopes are not high lol.

I have read that you need to install the upgrade first to get activation, if you install from disk or usb you need a product key. This is why mine didnt work the first time as i installed using the Windows 10 creation tool, once you install from the upgrade you can then do a clean install from usb or disk.

The USB/ISO run from inside 8.1 is the same as running the download update an upgrade, just as you can with any windows media in the past.

If you run it from boot then it acts like a dvd and will wipe or if you click upgrade from a cold boot it will ask you to run it from a booted system to do the upgrade.

The USB/ISO run from inside 8.1 is the same as running the download update an upgrade, just as you can with any windows media in the past.

If you run it from boot then it acts like a dvd and will wipe or if you click upgrade from a cold boot it will ask you to run it from a booted system to do the upgrade.

Yes i didnt think of running it from inside Windows :)

I had to run from USB as it failed so many times it did a fresh download , my head was battered lol.

Anyhow it will not install from and upgrade i have incompatable software (loads of music making stuff a lot of it 32 bit which i need)

So I will make a dual boot with my 8.1 and a fresh 10 on the other.

Archived