WZ2 Season 2 update affecting Geofilter?

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, TheJam said:

Amazing, thanks very much! Iโ€™ll feedback tonight. Should this be automatic or does it require a cloud resync to force an update to the ping map or anything?ย 

It will be automatic, if you want to make sure/get it faster (if it hasn't auto updated yet) then you can resync the cloud to download the updatesย 

Are you sure? What regions did you try ?ย 
no difference and still had to manually block one eu server it tried to fling me in, and before you ask yes I did the resync/reset whole schaabangโ€ฆ

Edit:got a friend on pc to try those far away servers with โ€œexitlagโ€, we got in no problem his search ping was the same as mine when the geo was working. More work is needed ladsย 

• Administrators

The US we definitely weren't able to filter before the update but we were able to after. The US works as it's not too far away, it may not be possible for servers that severely increase your ping but we'll have a look - again, it's not the purpose of the router, if the game has changed something that prevents this we won't be able to do anything.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The US we definitely weren't able to filter before the update but we were able to after. The US works as it's not too far away, it may not be possible for servers that severely increase your ping but we'll have a look - again, it's not the purpose of the router, if the game has changed something that prevents this we won't be able to do anything.

I appreciate ye having another look ye are more than capable of getting it to work again but for myself and a lot of other people if ye canโ€™t the router will become a paperweight, ye should get onto exitlag and ask for a partnership. They donโ€™t do consoles but if ye could get them to release the open vpn config for use with duma routers there is money to be made. Other router companyโ€™s have partnered with similar โ€œbetter routing vpn providersโ€ you know the real reason people buy your routers, ye havnt done any marketing to remove the stigmaโ€ฆ

• Administrators
1 hour ago, MrBig1994 said:

I appreciate ye having another look ye are more than capable of getting it to work again but for myself and a lot of other people if ye canโ€™t the router will become a paperweight, ye should get onto exitlag and ask for a partnership. They donโ€™t do consoles but if ye could get them to release the open vpn config for use with duma routers there is money to be made. Other router companyโ€™s have partnered with similar โ€œbetter routing vpn providersโ€ you know the real reason people buy your routers, ye havnt done any marketing to remove the stigmaโ€ฆ

Most people buy the router for its intended purpose, that's you're opinion and that's totally valid. I don't believe spending money and resources to market what a product isn't designed to do is a necessary step - if people research the router then they will see we don't specify circumventing SBMM as a feature. We have plans to incorporate more VPNs in the future, it's possible we could implement that sort of VPN but the purpose would be to help those in countries where their routing to game servers isn't optimized where the VPN can specifically help reduce their latency.

Yes mate if you research it you deffo wonโ€™t find nearly all the videos about it on YouTube to be in relation to โ€œsbmm bypassโ€ with details of how to do it XD. Come off it lad XD you guys started off with good intentions yes but now at least for the cod community you are known as the sbmm bypass router company, embrace it go all in because other than that most people would be better off just using their ispโ€™s routers and save on the lecky XD seriously look into an exitlag partnership for the companyโ€™s sake when it comes to cod market because as you said players like me with bad routing to servers need it, makes no difference to me whoโ€™s getting the money ๐Ÿ‘ย 

DumaOS still firm with original intentions. They canโ€™t control what consumers end up trying to do by trying to use loopholes in software to land in bot lobbies.ย 
ย 

maybe DumaOS needs a restriction in exactly how far we can move the geographic bubble much like how the size of the bubble is limited in miles. Iโ€™m in Texas and it would be pointless to move the geo filter bubble to South America or even across the pond.ย 

5 hours ago, crunkjuice1 said:

DumaOS still firm with original intentions. They canโ€™t control what consumers end up trying to do by trying to use loopholes in software to land in bot lobbies.ย 
ย 

maybe DumaOS needs a restriction in exactly how far we can move the geographic bubble much like how the size of the bubble is limited in miles. Iโ€™m in Texas and it would be pointless to move the geo filter bubble to South America or even across the pond.ย 

The whole things success was founded ย and hyped upon a loophole back in advanced warfare, the naรฏvetรฉ in your yee-haw American response is through the roof, if they do that thatโ€™s half their future sales gone. miles though XD and yes it would be pointless for you to move your geo as statically speaking every cod lobby outside the states for you bar South America would be highly skilled based XDย 

Edit: Iโ€™m personally not a fan of US lobbyโ€™s when it comes to WZ Nuke games as ye are one of the few regions that develop a hive mind mentality when it comes to the bomb site, other than that the lobbyโ€™s are a nice change of pace when compared to EU

On 2/21/2023 at 2:54 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Most people buy the router for its intended purpose, that's you're opinion and that's totally valid. I don't believe spending money and resources to market what a product isn't designed to do is a necessary step - if people research the router then they will see we don't specify circumventing SBMM as a feature. We have plans to incorporate more VPNs in the future, it's possible we could implement that sort of VPN but the purpose would be to help those in countries where their routing to game servers isn't optimized where the VPN can specifically help reduce their latency.

Again everything you need to know is right here.ย 
ย 

All opinions are valid ๐Ÿ––๐Ÿพ

Agree with @crunkjuice1ย on this one. Geo filtering was advertised as a feature to find help connect to low-ping servers. I've had plenty of games with players from the other side of the globe and it's completely ruined everyone's experience on that server - find more people are quitting these games but it's become common in servers now. It's really ruining the online experience to the point where I'm playing it less and less. Would be good if Infinity Ward introduces low-ping only servers which would block others with high pings from joining - their current matchmaking seems a bit broken preventing this - although, maybe they've tried tackling in that in the S2 update which is why the Geo filtering issues are occurring.ย 

9 minutes ago, TheJam said:

Agree with @crunkjuice1ย on this one. Geo filtering was advertised as a feature to find help connect to low-ping servers. I've had plenty of games with players from the other side of the globe and it's completely ruined everyone's experience on that server - find more people are quitting these games but it's become common in servers now. It's really ruining the online experience to the point where I'm playing it less and less. Would be good if Infinity Ward introduces low-ping only servers which would block others with high pings from joining - their current matchmaking seems a bit broken preventing this - although, maybe they've tried tackling in that in the S2 update which is why the Geo filtering issues are occurring.ย 

Itโ€™s a video game dudeโ€ฆ tbh I could care less about some dude in another part of the world that Iโ€™ll never meet and his gaming experience. I revel in the toxicity of what Iโ€™m doing, Activision has forced my hand the day of ping over everything is gone. When you have sky high stats even with geo over my real area itโ€™s like Iโ€™m playing in the COD champs sweating bullets for the win, itโ€™s the same players every game at that level and I play them enough in tourneys,ย Iโ€™m throwing it over the States atm and Iโ€™m relaxed playing it. Dude you are an MP player, games last 5-10 minutes who cares if there is a bit of lag in that if you are good enough 9/10 you will kill them I think itโ€™s more of a skill issue. The only advantage they will have is a few ms on corners โ€œpeakers advantageโ€ but in ever other gunfight unless you are not with it at all or they are highly ย skilled, ping will win so you should be fine.

48 minutes ago, MrBig1994 said:

Itโ€™s a video game dudeโ€ฆ tbh I could care less about some dude in another part of the world that Iโ€™ll never meet and his gaming experience. I revel in the toxicity of what Iโ€™m doing, Activision has forced my hand the day of ping over everything is gone. When you have sky high stats even with geo over my real area itโ€™s like Iโ€™m playing in the COD champs sweating bullets for the win, itโ€™s the same players every game at that level and I play them enough in tourneys,ย Iโ€™m throwing it over the States atm and Iโ€™m relaxed playing it. Dude you are an MP player, games last 5-10 minutes who cares if there is a bit of lag in that if you are good enough 9/10 you will kill them I think itโ€™s more of a skill issue. The only advantage they will have is a few ms on corners โ€œpeakers advantageโ€ but in ever other gunfight unless you are not with it at all or they are highly ย skilled, ping will win so you should be fine.

If itโ€™s just a game then why are you going to such lengths to exploit it?

I played 5 mins of a game on one of the locations you were trying to join, I had a 300ms ping and I was killing people before they could even fire a bullet - everyone around me was stuttering about and couldnโ€™t react to anything I was doing while I was also lagging about. Even people shooting me in the back, I could turn around and kill them - it was ridiculous. I would randomly die at times from someone shooting but it was clear I had a major advantage. Is that what you mean by โ€œpeakers advantageโ€?

If you want to revel in toxicity in COD then thatโ€™s up to you but when legitimate players get fed up and all youโ€™re left with is hackers and exploiters then youโ€™re not gonna find it too relaxing.

In the meantime, itโ€™s good to see COD trying to stop this and hopefully can improve it again for season 3 for those of us who just want to play on a level playing field, separated only by skill.

7 hours ago, TheJam said:

If itโ€™s just a game then why are you going to such lengths to exploit it?

I played 5 mins of a game on one of the locations you were trying to join, I had a 300ms ping and I was killing people before they could even fire a bullet - everyone around me was stuttering about and couldnโ€™t react to anything I was doing while I was also lagging about. Even people shooting me in the back, I could turn around and kill them - it was ridiculous. I would randomly die at times from someone shooting but it was clear I had a major advantage. Is that what you mean by โ€œpeakers advantageโ€?

If you want to revel in toxicity in COD then thatโ€™s up to you but when legitimate players get fed up and all youโ€™re left with is hackers and exploiters then youโ€™re not gonna find it too relaxing.

In the meantime, itโ€™s good to see COD trying to stop this and hopefully can improve it again for season 3 for those of us who just want to play on a level playing field, separated only by skill.

It takes literally 2 minutes to set up, wouldnโ€™t call it going to the ends of the earth. Iโ€™d say youโ€™re some fun at parties, only reason I bought it was to sell nuke skins to people more consistently rather than playing on EU. None of what Iโ€™m stating really applies to you man, thereโ€™s your sbmm standard and then there is the reality for sweats.ย your lack of basic game knowledge is really evident, you bought the router for better ping lobbyโ€™s because you think thatโ€™s the reason you die in some gunfights. Truth is son itโ€™s a skill issue if youโ€™re any good you will win 9/10 gunfights regardless of the connection, this ainโ€™t mw2 2009 when youโ€™re running through walls and sh1t lagging.