WZ2 Season 2 update affecting Geofilter?

Is anybody else having having trouble connecting to abroad servers after the season 2 update via geofilter? My usual abroad servers which I connect to cannot find a game in WZ2 but can for MP. I have re-downloaded the game, deleted game save data, hit the reset button on the back of the router, tried alt accounts, change my Acti account address to desired region, tried geo filter with hybrid (nord config to vpn of same geofilter region) but still no luck. I'm doing everything else like normal, strange to note also the WZ ping is 2ms higher when searching than MP (before update same for both). I'm wondering have they ip locked more regions like they did for South American servers in WZ1 or if they are onto this in some other way. 

Many thanks :)

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can do if you wish although it's not any personal information

sent there, those regions were fine before the update. also I know what time they are active from much testing so its not that im searching during inactive times

• Administrators

What do you usually ping to these servers? I suspect that due to the update and the probable growth in the player base currently it's not happy with those higher pings when you can almost always get one lower. Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if you're able to do it, if not check again in a few weeks perhaps when the population has declined.

178-182 for closer one and 196-200 for the farther one, ive done the manual add device thing multiple times. you seriously telling to wait a few weeks XD there are people in the surrounding server countrys that have shocking internet standards with higher ping and they have no problem connecting. i dont know man 

edit: a second map has also been added in for warzone so with the split player base/ taking into account the influx of a few new players, the amount for regular BR sound be at the same if not a bit lower meaning i should get a game. its not like they wont let a high ping player in a game with a low one they aint that strict in this one when the region doesnt have a high player count to begin with...

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What do you usually ping to these servers? I suspect that due to the update and the probable growth in the player base currently it's not happy with those higher pings when you can almost always get one lower. Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if you're able to do it, if not check again in a few weeks perhaps when the population has declined.

• Administrators

Nothing has changed on our side and nothing has been reported regarding issues matchmaking with the Geo-Filter enabled, so it's very likely something they've done, either restricting it or implementing a ping limit for example. The purpose of the router is to help you get low ping servers so while you can get higher ping servers it's not guaranteed. The fact that you're having the issue with a VPN as well would lead me to believe it's on their end in some way.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Nothing has changed on our side and nothing has been reported regarding issues matchmaking with the Geo-Filter enabled, so it's very likely something they've done, either restricting it or implementing a ping limit for example. The purpose of the router is to help you get low ping servers so while you can get higher ping servers it's not guaranteed. The fact that you're having the issue with a VPN as well would lead me to believe it's on their end in some way.

hey now lets be honest half of the people who buy the router do it to bypass the sbmm i know ye dont like to acknowledge it but dont bite the hand that feeds ye, secondly rather than it being high ping i recon its the same as what they did with brazil in wz1 when it comes an actual region based ip, they have a list of vpn providers ips that are black-listed (updated regularly) so a private one might be in order for many players

• Administrators

I wouldn't say that many use it for that reason, the purpose of the router isn't to do that so it's not something we can support, that being said I still did provide support on your situation. Yes it's quite possible they have banned VPN IPs as well. Every time the game does an update or when it releases initially things like this happen and they seem to resolve themselves after awhile - for example, the West Coast of the US servers were unavailable for a time.

UPDATE: Did a second full factory reset, still no luck only mp working. I decided to see if port forwarding the cod ports would do anything, no joy.  in mp when i search on the map it shows data centre and the country server, warzone the map is blank, any ideas why?

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I wouldn't say that many use it for that reason, the purpose of the router isn't to do that so it's not something we can support, that being said I still did provide support on your situation. Yes it's quite possible they have banned VPN IPs as well. Every time the game does an update or when it releases initially things like this happen and they seem to resolve themselves after awhile - for example, the West Coast of the US servers were unavailable for a time.

sometimes when i boot the game its 200 ping, others 179 ? either or still no wz game, the geo filter is having an issue with data centres have to manually allow, could this have something to do with it not working ?

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What do you mean you have to manually allow? If you move the radius to Europe for example, can you get games then?

so for wz2/mw2 as you are booting into the game during the studio credits the first thing that pops up on the geo is the data centre, then after a few seconds the games server locations show on the map. depending on your geo radius and servers outside will be yellow and blocked but half the time booting in it will block the data centre too, im wondering could they have changed data centres for accessing certain servers and could the geo be blocking them maybe/not showing them as they are new?, yeah eu is grand/ east coast us

• Administrators

Interesting, it's definitely plausible, it make take a few tries to allow all of those data centres but if you do get them all does it work as expected?

Could you provide the IDs of them as well please so we can add them to the whitelist if needed.

Demonware Dublin Data Centre// ID: ccb9b580566b1d22   Domain Name: 185.34.107.128 needs to be white listed, at the moment when the game is loading with the geo filter its 50/50 whether it will be allowed or denied. Also when the geo filter is selected on certain farther regions it will try to connect to mainland EU or the US, when you are back in the office can you try filter to the regions I previously sent you in the DM and ye can see what servers its trying to connect to and add them to the block while the filter is active on those regions . The software may need a update after season 2. 

EDIT: also DW Dublin shows up mistakenly as peer.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Regardless of where you are I believe either the Irish or US auth server will appear, thanks for that we'll get it whitelisted and have a look.

Yeah that data Center should be allowed no matter where you are geofiltering to, I’ve connected previously to servers all over the globe and they all have to connect to that data centre to work 👍 thanks, will ye have it whitelisted tomorrow/look at other thing ?

also just came to mind there can you ask the team if there are any more data centres for the game other than the US one and the Irish one, if there are new ones added that could be affecting the things if they are the connection key so to speak for certain regions, just a taught or even they could have changed lobby servers (these servers might not be showing on the geo page or could be mislocated thus blocking the geo as the geo doesn’t see it or sees it as being outside the designated radius) 

Had the same issues today, had to create a Geo fence around Dublin - as I got disconnected with the NAT changing to strict mid game and kicking me from party chat - but still had some issues. Would be great to get this sorted

7 hours ago, TheJam said:

Had the same issues today, had to create a Geo fence around Dublin - as I got disconnected with the NAT changing to strict mid game and kicking me from party chat - but still had some issues. Would be great to get this sorted

Yeah tried putting a box around Dublin too but still had issues myself too